Basics: in my items window, items are white/gray and I can't see why ...

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have not been able to find an answer for this believe it or not -- in my very basic items window, I have some items that are white, and allow me to attempt to "consume" them, and gray items that don't allow this.

I have almost all my items listed not only as "not consumable", but also "occasion: never", and yet they still show up bright white, and let me try and use them.

Anyone know what I'm missing here?

Thank you!!! :LZSsmile::LZSjoy::LZSsmile:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you using any plugins which affect the item scene?

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trihan turns out this one was user error! :LZSskeptic:

I can't believe I missed this in testing -- the ones that were bright white were NOT in fact "occasion:never". At the very least I now know that occasion it what determines item hue in that window, and not consumable.

Solved, thank you!

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Trihan turns out this one was user error! :LZSskeptic:

I can't believe I missed this in testing -- the ones that were bright white were NOT in fact "occasion:never". At the very least I now know that occasion it what determines item hue in that window, and not consumable.

Solved, thank you!
Yeah, consumable just determines whether or not the party loses 1 of the item when it's used. That's how you create usable items which don't get used up, like a map for example.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sernyx