Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Introduction:
This plugin allows your game to read dialogue from an external text file, as opposed to the traditional method of needing to create new show text windows over and over again. Now, there are a few limitations that I intend to find workarounds for (changing window positions and backgrounds).

All text codes are supported! This plugin works alongside YEP_MessageCore and Galv's Message plugins (and any addons and/or patches of said plugins). Just place this below all of them in the load order. More information and instructions can be found in the plugin's help section.

Download:
Dropbox

Required Plugins:
Yanfly's Message Core

Credit:
JGreene
Yanfly (for Message Core)

Terms of use:
Free to use in any project, even commercial ones. Please do not edit or redistribute this plugin on any site. Instead, add a link to this thread. If you wish to see any changes or improvements, post a reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Last edited:

DaneelRush

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
When using the "Advanced" idea to have a single txt file for the entire dialog script with sections for every single NPC/Event, the plugin knows where to start based on the control variable. But, how does it know where to end? As it is, won't it go through every single line after the indicated starting point?

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin won't know where to end on it's own. Make sure you only use the plugin command the exact number of times you need messages read. If you use it more than you need, that NPC/event will continue speaking lines designated for other NPCs/events.

DaneelRush

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Alright, got the gist of how it works. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerLaPux