Battle Action Exp

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

In RPG Maker, actors can receive exp by defeating enemies in battle. When all enemies are defeated, the victory processing will occur, and actors will receive exp from the battle.

However, this means that if you were to escape before the battle was over, your actors would not receive any exp even if they defeated some enemies.

This plugin changes the way exp is obtained. Instead of only on battle end, exp is received whenever you perform an action.

For example, if an actor attacks an enemy, exp calculation will occur and if the actor earns exp from that attack, the actor will receive that exp
immediately, and potentially level up on the spot.

Action exp can also be obtained outside of battle, depending on the rules you have set up for your exp calculations.

With this plugin, actors will be rewarded immediately for their actions, which provides you with some additional mechanics that you can use.

More information and downloads are available at HimeWorks
Free for commercial and non-commercial use

A compatibility patch is available for yanfly's victory aftermath if you are using that plugin.

It has been reported that the victory aftermath plugin disables the level up message from occurring in battle.

An add-on is available that shows an example of how you might display exp pop-ups during battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted the actor to gain Exp when performing any action against the enemy, but i wanted it to consider if the enemy was alive.
If i place something like this:

b.isEnemy() && b.isAlive() ? b.exp() : 0

will it work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I wanted the actor to gain Exp when performing any action against the enemy, but i wanted it to consider if the enemy was alive.
If i place something like this:

b.isEnemy() && b.isAlive() ? b.exp() : 0

will it work?

That should work. However it means that you will be gaining total exp from the enemy every hit.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If i set an small amount (3 ~ 12) it may be fine, like in tactics games...i guess.
It would be pretty cool if i could make every level demand the same amount of EXP to level up, it would fit nicely with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Would be nice to pick color code that is not exclusively for message event
The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takufy