RMMV Battle Actors on the left side, facing the right side - Side view battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Generally I accept the limitations of the RPG Maker engine. It is essentially trading of a lot of versatility that comes with more robust engines for being able to actually make my game. I already learned to draw and spent a lot of time practicing writing. To aim to be a competent programmer would be biting more than I could possibly chew.

However, I struggle to understand why what I suggested in the title is a feature. I don't understand the appeal of having the party on the right side, facing the left. I do know this is how it was in many of the original jRPGs that had a side-view perspective in combat, like Final Fantasy.

The purpose of this post is not to complain, though. That was just a side note. I am actively looking for a solution. So far I was able to place the party on the right side with the plugin FogoMax_SVBattlerPositionsExtended. However, they still looked to the right side, which is not what I want.

By editing the code of one of Yanfly's plugins, following the instructions here, I was able to have them look to the correct side, but ONLY after the first turn. At the start of the match, they still look to the left. Yes, the user Moon_Haven gives further instructions to fix this issue as well, but there is a bigger issue:

I am really interested in using Victor Engine's Conditional Turn Battle and that doesn't work alongside Yanfly's Battle Engine (which is what was used to "fix" the battle actors positioning and stuff).

Really, I am at a loss here. I might just have to rework the concept for my battle system entirely, and use the Yanfly Battle Plugins only, at least as far as combat is concerned.

So here is my question: How do I make the battle actors look to the right, and the enemies look to the left? I presume it is somewhere within the Victor Engine Basic Module (the core plugin) that some lines of code need to be added, or changed. But again, I am not a coder. One thing that was suggested in some of the many threads I read about this issue is that I could simply edit the battle actor sprites and have them look right, instead of left. That works as long as the actors don't use weapons, because if they do, the weapon will still spawn in the same position and in this case, that is the actor's back.

Thankfully, there is no weapon system in my game, odd as that may sound to some. However, the actor still walks towards the left to attack. In Yanfly's Engine, you can actually change that and make them walk to the right, but once again, I can't have the Conditional Turn Battle system while using Yanfly's Engine. I even played around with the code of the Conditional Turn Battle system, wherever it mentioned battle actors, sprites and left or right, but nothing really changed. I figured it wouldn't be so simple ^-^'

Thank you for reading. A most wholesome weekend to all of us.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In case it helps, I wrote this little RMMV plugin a few months ago:
It horizontally mirrors several things:
  • Actor movements, e.g. "move 50 px ->" becomes "move 50 px <-".
  • Actor home positions
  • Actor SV sprites
  • Actor weapon sprites and their position
It doesn't use any strict overrides so it should be compatible with most other plugins.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In case it helps, I wrote this little RMMV plugin a few months ago:
It horizontally mirrors several things:
  • Actor movements, e.g. "move 50 px ->" becomes "move 50 px <-".
  • Actor home positions
  • Actor SV sprites
  • Actor weapon sprites and their position
It doesn't use any strict overrides so it should be compatible with most other plugins.
Thank you so much!!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

(yes, you did it right ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krinalle