Drunken Paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi folks,

There's just something about Yanfly's Battle AI Core that is not clicking with me. I just can't get it to work correctly.

Presently, I'm trying the lines below as an example, but pretty much every single encounter does something outside what should be expected from the note tags.

<AI Priority>
STATE === State 65: Skill 126
HP% Param <= 50%: Skill 124
Always: Skill 125
Always: Attack
</AI Priority>

Where Skill 124 applies state 65, which lasts for 1 round, because it's sort of like a warning round to get the player to defend against it. Instead of using skill 126 when state 65 is applied, however (like what I thought I was telling it to do), it just attacks 100% of the time. AI level is set to 100.

I recently started adding cooldowns to some of the skills, so attack should only be used when all the other skills are either on cooldown (or do not meet the requirements).

I saw that ATB was no longer supported--is it possible that it's causing problems?

EDIT: Interestingly, if I just remove attack from the priority list altogether, it seems to work...?

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It could be due to ATB, as Yanfly discontinued support for that around 1.1 of MV. Maybe also see if it works on a blank project without ATB?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CiderV