RMMV Battle AI core state skill trigger, is this code correct?

Utsuho Reiuji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I want the enemy to use a certain skill on the opponent when the target has a specific state but it doesn't seem to work.

Is this code correct? My struggle will not end T_T

<AI Priority>

State === State 39: Skill 60, Random

</AI Priority>

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could remove the "Random" part and try this:

State === State 39: Skill 60

That is because the plugin defaults to random if no target is specified.

Utsuho Reiuji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, it still doesn't work :/
Do I have to set the skill priority rating high in the action pattern?Because I only want the skill to be used when enemy has state 39 applied.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As long as you have the condition " State === State 39 " the enemy will only target characters that have the state so that should be fine.

One thing you should check if State 39 is really the state you want.

Another thing is you need to make sure that Skill 60 "can" target the character you wish to hit.
If for example, Skill 60 is set to "1 ally", of course he won't target your party with the skill.

Other than that, I would need a screenshot of the enemy in question to look at the setup.

Utsuho Reiuji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For some reason changing the scope in the skill section from none to 1 Enemy made it work. Regardless thanks for the code!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lagune