SMcNeill

Dark Dreamer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So here's what I currently see happening:

Characters start on Map1 -- Background music plays all light and bubbly.
Characters move to Map2 -- The background music transitions to become dark and creepy.
Characters get into a fight -- Standard battle music plays.
Fight ends -- Background music resumes the light and bubbly default that we saw in map 1...

Anyone know what's causing this? And how I'd go about correcting it?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How are you setting the map BGM, event or Map Properties?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And how are you changing maps - are you in a vehicle?

What plugins do you have?

What you describe is not the normal behaviour - seems there is something preventing the change of "last BGM" when you change maps or enter battle.

SMcNeill

Dark Dreamer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've finally sorted the issue out, as odd as it was...

What was happening was:

Characters start on Map1 -- Background music plays all light and bubbly.
Character start an event which fades out the background music over 10 seconds, and then...
The background music transitions to become dark and creepy....
Characters move to Map2
Characters get into a fight -- Standard battle music plays.
Fight ends -- Background music resumes the light and bubbly default that we saw in map 1...

Apparently the transition of the sound turning off, then swapping over to the other map, and then starting a new sound, leaves the background music from the first map as the "restore after battles" default.

The fix, in my case here, is to:
Transfer to new map (which loads the default background)
Fade it out...
Play new event background music...
If battle occurs to disrupt the event, the background now reverts back to the 2nd map's background, rather than the first maps.

TLDR: Fade sound, transfer map, restore sound seems to be the combo to produce the issue. Transfer, fade, restore and all works as it should.

Mods should feel free to lock this topic, as the issue has been corrected -- for me, at least, in this instance. (Though the RPG Maker team might want to look into it sometime, as this doesn't seem like it's working 100% the way it should.)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally, deleted my Reddit account
I cant say I dont regret it, I honestly liked FMA subreddit, but nah, reddit succs
Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DMike