Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hey all,
This question has been asked quite a few times for various reasons. The main answer seems to be to use Yanfly's plugin, but I'm not trying to animate the battlers themselves, only to get them to play the battle animations I assigned to them when they attack. The battle animation plays just fine if I set the skill that uses it to target "User" or "Ally", but when targeting an enemy (that would be the player character), no animation. This only affects the enemy battlers, battle animations from my player character work just fine.

Quick edit: I should also let you know I've tried Yanfly's Battle Status plugin as well and that option doesn't work for me. The battle animation is tailored specifically to the enemy, and the plugin forces it way out of place.

Last edited:

Pearsona

Trash Goblin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, animations from enemies, targeted at party members aren't showing? Yeah, that's a weird thing about the front view battle system. I guess the devs for MV really were trying to push the side view battles? I dunno.

Thankfully, there is a Yanfly script that fixes this, but I think you were looking at the wrong ones! It's not the 'Battle Status' plugin, but specifically the 'Battle Status Window' plugin. Unless... uh... that's the one you were referring to the whole time, in which case I'm dumb and sorry lol--

But Yanfly plugins are generally pretty solid, so I'd say keep trying to make it work if that's the one that was giving you trouble. If the animations are off, maybe try editing the animations themselves? Well, anyways, good luck! Hope this at least helped a little.

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Yeah, the Battle Status Window is the one I was referring to. The animations that need to play are custom made, basically a small ship shooting lasers. The animation is designed so the lasers come out of where the guns are on the battler and hit the player (unshown) in the center of the screen. With the Yanfly plugin, the laser animation shows, but directly above the player card which is all the way to the left and doesn't come from the enemy ship. The stock setup would be best if there was just a way to show the stupid animation when they attacked. I feel like the end result for this project is going to require a tactical battle system so maybe I'll start moving in that direction and see where it leads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero
Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sfafsr4326