Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
1,051
First Language
French
This happens after a skill is cast on an enemy.
Strangely it seems to be only on this specific enemy, and the enemy has nothing special, nothing that differentiates it from the other ones.

Any clue what might be happening and how to fix it?

bug1.png

bug2.png
 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
36,276
Reaction score
9,696
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The key to the error is that "of NULL".

it basically means that the engine tries to access a data object that does not exist, usually due to a reference pointing to an entry that has been deleted (database problem) or was never made (plugin configuration).

from the context I would check that specific enemy and its notetags for possible errors, or the troop that that enemy is in for references to other (now deleted) enemies.

for testing purposes, I suggest making a new troop with only that enemy one once and try to fight that in an ingame evented battle. If that works the error is likely in the troops (deleted other enemy or so), if that also fails the error is likely in the enemy data (wrong notetag or so)

it might be in the plugin configuration of one of the two plugins involved, but that is unlikely
 

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
654
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error stack is showing a bunch of obfuscated VS functions. I'd say something in your note tags on the skill, or in the action sequence, is trying to get the id of the target, and it doesn't exist. Or perhaps some state it has is running a <before eval> or something with some bad code in it.

If it only happens to this one enemy, the best thing to do is first to remake the troop from scratch, and if it still happens, delete and remake the enemy, and then remake the troop again.
 

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Messages
2,303
Reaction score
1,051
First Language
French
I think I've found the problem.
With TPB Wait there is a softlock happening if the enemy has extra action (in this case it was one Action Times +100%).
I know that softlock was fixed with CPB so I switched to it and indeed it seemed that this fixed the glitch. I haven't ran a lot of tests yet to be 100% sure, but I was getting the glitch all the time before that change, so it very likely did it.
 
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Wish me luck. One of the leading experts on certain false shuffle is going to check if my skill is good enough to be called "not total trash".
Not an RPG Maker Update but I'm happy to say that I finally passed my drivers written test. Which makes me a happy guy.
FWRu-cYXkAAAUbl

Forum statistics

Threads
123,127
Messages
1,154,186
Members
161,461
Latest member
TelorDadar69
Top