PROJECT 1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi folks,

Do you know if there a script to allow characters as side-view battlers for fights? (ennemies and players)
Like this : (RMXP)
1603413895279.png

Many thanks for your answers.

Last edited:

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think I have at least a partial answer: VisuStella's Battle Core allows you to use sideview battler sprites as enemies. So, if you make some battler images in the Character Generator you can use them as enemies, similar to what you've shown. And it's free. I don't know of any plugins that let you use map characters as battlers, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere (maybe not for MZ because it's so new still).

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
another alternative beside VisuStella's Battle Core is Akea Animated Battle System 2.

both have plus or minus... but if you're using many other people plugin that also affect battle it would be better to go with Akea Animated Battle System 2...

the reason is because VisuStella's Battle Core code is obfuscated (made so the code is hard to read by human but still can read by machine)... thus it will be harder for other plugin maker to make compatibility patch with VisuStella...
but you can try it first... if there's no incompatibility between VisuStella's and your other people plugin... then feel free to use it...

of course you can also still use it even there's compatibility problem... you just need extra more works to request for compatibility patch (by sending the bug report in visustella troubleshooting page)... you also need to create blank project with only two conflicting plugins and 100% replicate the problem... and send it with your report (required). and there's also a possibility that the compatibility patch cannot be made by the VisuStella team if they're busy or the conflicting plugins written poorly...

hope this help.

Elgigante94

PROJECT 1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @WilsonE7 , @estriole thanks for your replies !
I think i will take a look to Akea Battle system :)

Have a nice WE!

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
another alternative beside VisuStella's Battle Core is Akea Animated Battle System 2.

both have plus or minus... but if you're using many other people plugin that also affect battle it would be better to go with Akea Animated Battle System 2...

the reason is because VisuStella's Battle Core code is obfuscated (made so the code is hard to read by human but still can read by machine)... thus it will be harder for other plugin maker to make compatibility patch with VisuStella...
but you can try it first... if there's no incompatibility between VisuStella's and your other people plugin... then feel free to use it...

of course you can also still use it even there's compatibility problem... you just need extra more works to request for compatibility patch (by sending the bug report in visustella troubleshooting page)... you also need to create blank project with only two conflicting plugins and 100% replicate the problem... and send it with your report (required). and there's also a possibility that the compatibility patch cannot be made by the VisuStella team if they're busy or the conflicting plugins written poorly...

hope this help.
like your say ...
Visustella Battle Core is cool plugin,
But
01. Visustella Battle Core is so big and Conflicts with many plugins
02. Visustella Battle Core Encrypted, resulting in unsolvable plug-in conflicts...producing big problems
---------------
but I just want a simple way to make Characters as Side-view battlers
then need to use a big plugin like Akea Animated Battle System 2 ?

this is too hard ....

and How about Akea Animated Battle System 2 to make Characters as Side-view battlers ?

Where is her demo url ?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
like your say ...
Visustella Battle Core is cool plugin,
But
01. Visustella Battle Core is so big and Conflicts with many plugins
02. Visustella Battle Core Encrypted, resulting in unsolvable plug-in conflicts...producing big problems
---------------
but I just want a simple way to make Characters as Side-view battlers
then need to use a big plugin like Akea Animated Battle System 2 ?

this is too hard ....

and How about Akea Animated Battle System 2 to make Characters as Side-view battlers ?

Where is her demo url ?
making character as sideview is not simple there's movement, pose, effect, etc... UNLESS it's only static image facing actor... if you want that just crop a charset from actor/event image you want to use as enemy to one pose only and then use that instead as enemy image...

for Akea Animated Battle System 2 demo... click on the 'plugin' link on the Akea forum page... you will be redirected to itch.io link... and you can grab the demo there... (106MB) by clicking [Download Now] button. hope this help

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
making character as sideview is not simple there's movement, pose, effect, etc... UNLESS it's only static image facing actor... if you want that just crop a charset from actor/event image you want to use as enemy to one pose only and then use that instead as enemy image...

for Akea Animated Battle System 2 demo... click on the 'plugin' link on the Akea forum page... you will be redirected to itch.io link... and you can grab the demo there... (106MB) by clicking [Download Now] button. hope this help
I am download your demo files, and setup character as sideview to done.
then I move your plugin to my project...
I note, Akea Animated Battle System 2 plugin with my project Plugin conflict

NRP_DynamicAnimationMZ.js ver1.12(2020/11/08)
NRP_DynamicMotionMZ.js ver1.09(2020/11/08)

I know if Plugin conflict many plugin creator don't want to fix it.

because them hope everyone can't use others's plugin and just can use them's plugin

if you too, I can't say what

I just want to say, my big project use [NRP] to do much things, I hope this project can do everythings at MZ

becuase I move my project form MV to MZ

I note YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies at MV not Plugin conflict with [NRP]

but at MZ's VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js have big Plugin conflict with many plugin...

I report Plugin conflict with [VisuMZ] but them don't want to fix Plugin conflict
I report Plugin conflict with [NRP] but them don't want to fix Plugin conflict too

So I want delete VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js at my project, I find all plugin can replace it

but only character as sideview, like only VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js can do this function

until I see your post, and try your demo files,

but still Plugin conflict...

though I hope you can fix this Plugin conflict

but if You don't want to fix Plugin conflict too...

I just can say... ok, fine.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
it's NOT my plugin btw... i only give suggestion to use that plugin.. you can try asking the author of Akea Animated Battle 2 (Raizen) for compatibility patch... you can post in his/her plugin post or pm his/her directly. explain what plugin you use... if possible send a demo containing all the plugin you currently have...

btw NRP animation / motion plugin or any motion plugin will always conflict with any sideview battle system... because sideview battle system usually included with the motion / animation... and using two plugin or more that control it will crash the system...

so you might need to request specifically plugin for ONLY showing the enemy using sideview battler image format and let the motion / pose controled by NRP animation / plugin.

also the real reason why NRP did not want to make patch with visuStella... it's because plugin conflict with visuStella will be hard to patch... because the code is obfuscated and cannot be read by human... thus only visuStella team can fix it... NRP cannot do that...

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
it's NOT my plugin btw... i only give suggestion to use that plugin.. you can try asking the author of Akea Animated Battle 2 (Raizen) for compatibility patch... you can post in his/her plugin post or pm his/her directly. explain what plugin you use... if possible send a demo containing all the plugin you currently have...

btw NRP animation / motion plugin or any motion plugin will always conflict with any sideview battle system... because sideview battle system usually included with the motion / animation... and using two plugin or more that control it will crash the system...

so you might need to request specifically plugin for ONLY showing the enemy using sideview battler image format and let the motion / pose controled by NRP animation / plugin.

also the real reason why NRP did not want to make patch with visuStella... it's because plugin conflict with visuStella will be hard to patch... because the code is obfuscated and cannot be read by human... thus only visuStella team can fix it... NRP cannot do that...
Thank for your great reply, You are a RPG MAKER Master sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite