Battle Command Hotkeys/Button Skills

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Introduction:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this topic. I'm currently looking for a way to assign an actors skill to the press of one button. Instead of going through menus, I'd like for you to push a button and use a skill that.

Purpose:

Currently, I'm in the process of creating a fast and fluid battle system, and I'm thinking of ways to eliminate or cut down on going through tons of menus and rows and columns for selecting actions in the battle system.

Execution:

The way I see this currently working is that each actor will have skills assigned to the W,A,S and D keys. When its that actors turn in battle, instead of seeing a menu with Attack, fight, defend, etc. He/she will instead just press the key for the skill they would like to use. That command window list will not appear, but in its place, a list with the W,A,S,D skills will.

In this way, a player could simple just click one of the buttons and do Fireball - > Target instead of going into Fight - > Skills - > fireball - > Target

Skills and upgrades won't be static (i'd rather not going into the design structure in this topic).

I would like this script to have the following:
  • Replace the Battle Command list, there's no need for it.
  • Instead, if the command list could show the skills assigned to each button instead.
  • The script would need to have the ability to support multiple actors each with their own hotkey skills. I'm planning on having a large number of party members, so maybe the ability to assign the hotkey skills by note tag would be helpful?

Compatibility Necessary?:
Honestly, if this could be compatible with Yanfly's ATB system that would be really great, but as that script is not supported by Yanfly anymore, I would honestly be happy with the following:

• Yanfly Core
  • Yanfly Battle Engine
  • Dream X ITB (if Yanfly ATB isn't possible)
Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilliamSlither