Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hm? I don't get it. So if there is wait tags, player will move? But there needs to be couple waits, so it isn't working too fast. Anyway, i tried without waitings and it didn't worked. What i'm doing wrong? (Or if you want, you can add the whole bow animation with stops here, so i can figure it out how it works.)
Wait only use is to wait for an effect to complete then move on to the next tag or wait for x frames. (ex: wait: 4)

Here's an example:

move user: target, body, wait - This means that the user will move to the target's body and wait for this effect to happen before moving to the next effect. (animation);

animation x: target, wait - This means that animation X will play on the target and wait for this effect happen to move to the next one.

Now, if I remove the wait from the move user example, it would mean that the user would move to target's body while playing the animation together.

If your user is moving near his target, it's because you're using the move user tag. You can simply remove it.

leedragoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think it would be really cool if on the Holder Battlers add-on you could load the battler from your character's class, but I'm not sure if your taking requests for that sort of thing at the moment.

Glyxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Wait only use is to wait for an effect to complete then move on to the next tag or wait for x frames. (ex: wait: 4)

Here's an example:

move user: target, body, wait - This means that the user will move to the target's body and wait for this effect to happen before moving to the next effect. (animation);

animation x: target, wait - This means that animation X will play on the target and wait for this effect happen to move to the next one.

Now, if I remove the wait from the move user example, it would mean that the user would move to target's body while playing the animation together.

If your user is moving near his target, it's because you're using the move user tag. You can simply remove it.
Uhm, the players moving onto target isn't a problem. I mean the stepping animation. Can i stop that? (Sorry if I expalined it unclearly)

Last edited by a moderator:

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Uhm, the players moving onto target isn't a problem. I mean the stepping animation. Can i stop that? (Sorry if I expalined it unclearly)
Well, I think I get it, here it is;

For Kaduki Battlers - pose: user, idle

For Holder Battlers - stance: user, idle

I think you can disable the stepping animation somewhere on Yami's Sympho Script.

# Set this to true to disable auto Move Posing. When set this to false,

# You can let the actor to change to any pose while moving.

DISABLE_AUTO_MOVE_POSE = true

Maybe this lane, I don't know.

Btw, you can change any user pose by using pose/stance.

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I think it would be really cool if on the Holder Battlers add-on you could load the battler from your character's class, but I'm not sure if your taking requests for that sort of thing at the moment.
Actually i already asked for it, and the scripter Selchar kindly did it to me and posted here in the forums, so it's public.  :D     All credits goes to him.

#===============================================================================# Script: Customizable Holder Battlers

# Author: Selchar

# Requestor: Nosleinad

# Credits: Yami

#===============================================================================

=begin

This is an extention of Yami's Holder Battler addon for Battle Engine Symphony.

It allows for different battlers based on class id, as well as changing it via

scriptcall. Scriptcall changes take priority over class specific, which takes

priority over the default holder notetag.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Actor Notetag

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Scriptcall

$game_actors[actor_id].new_holders_name = 'filename'

Replace class_id or actor_id with the relevant number, and filename with the

name of the holder style image you want to use.

=end

#===============================================================================

# The script

module Selchar

module Symphony

def self.holder_class(class_id)

//i

end

end

end

class Game_Actor < Game_Battler

attr_accessor :new_holders_name

def holders_name

if @new_holders_name != nil

return @new_holders_name if @new_holders_name != ''

end

return actor.class_holder_name(@class_id) if actor.class_holder_name(@class_id)

return actor.holders_name

end

end

class RPG::Actor

def class_holder_name(class_id)

if @class_holder_name.nil?

@class_holder_name = {}

$data_classes.each do |i|

next unless i

@class_holder_name[i.id] = $1 if @note =~ Selchar::Symphony.holder_class(i.id)

end

end

@class_holder_name[class_id]

end

end

# End of File

[-_>

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually i already asked for it, and the scripter Selchar kindly did it to me and posted here in the forums, so it's public.  :D     All credits goes to him.

#===============================================================================# Script: Customizable Holder Battlers

=begin

# Actor Notetag

# Scriptcall

=end

# The script

module Selchar

module Symphony

//i

end

end

end

def holders_name

end

end

end

@class_holder_name = {}

next unless i

end

end

end

end

# End of File

[-_>
So does this get placed under the holders battler script or above it?

Also: can this script call be used mid-battle without crash?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
 (I just come to hijack this topic :) )

Can you point me to them? Becuase I can't find them. Links perhaps?
DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22375-doublex-rmvxa-unison-skillsitems/

You'll also need DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items Compatibility Fix  v1.01a+:(adds new symphony tag: unison x, game actor with id x)

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22432-doublex-rmvxa-unison-skillsitems-compatibility-fix/

or DoubleX RMVXA Tag Addon to Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony:(adds new symphony tag for battler selections yourself, I've added id x, game actor with id x in that script as an example)

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/22409-doublex-rmvxa-tag-addon-to-yami-engine-symphony-battle-symphony/

in order to make DoubleX RMVXA Unison Skills/Items work with Yami's Battle Engine Symphony.

Found a bug in the script, if you try to run and are sucessful when a monster is in the middle of attacking you, the battle screen will lock up and even though you should be back on the map you can't see it or do anything but close the game.

I should note I am using

YSA Battle System: Classical ATB
 -- Last Updated: 2012.01.30
 -- Level: Easy, Normal
 -- Requires: YEA - Ace Battle Engine v1.15+.

Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony
 -- Version: 1.16 (2014.01.20)
-- Level: Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard
 -- Requires: n/a

Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine v1.22
 -- Last Updated: 2012.03.04
-- Level: Normal, Hard
 -- Requires: n/a

Along with yanfly scripts and such.
I've written a script to fix some YSA CATB bugs and it might solve your problem although I'm not sure:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22142-doublex-rmvxa-bug-fixes-to-ysa-battle-system-classical-atb/

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So does this get placed under the holders battler script or above it?

Also: can this script call be used mid-battle without crash?
Under the Symphony Holder's Add-On. The scriptcall to manually change your sprite works even in battle(even tested in the damage formula box). Also tho it's not mentioned in the instructions, to undo the change done by the scriptcall, you'd use it again but with '' or nil as the name... I just realized Nosleinad didn't use a code box so there are some things missing in it. I'd grab it from the thread he originally asked about it >here<.

Glyxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Well, I think I get it, here it is;

For Kaduki Battlers - pose: user, idle

For Holder Battlers - stance: user, idle

I think you can disable the stepping animation somewhere on Yami's Sympho Script.

# Set this to true to disable auto Move Posing. When set this to false,

# You can let the actor to change to any pose while moving.

DISABLE_AUTO_MOVE_POSE = true

Maybe this lane, I don't know.

Btw, you can change any user pose by using pose/stance.
I don't use other battlers, just this normal.

But, hmm.. Nope. Nothing helps. . I set it to false and try use pose/stance commands to user, but nothing. Maybe Yami should know is this possible/how to do it. Maybe I PM her.

uchenna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
is there some form of counter attack if so could someone post what it would look like

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Under the Symphony Holder's Add-On. The scriptcall to manually change your sprite works even in battle(even tested in the damage formula box). Also tho it's not mentioned in the instructions, to undo the change done by the scriptcall, you'd use it again but with '' or nil as the name... I just realized Nosleinad didn't use a code box so there are some things missing in it. I'd grab it from the thread he originally asked about it >here<.
If this is used dynamically with the script call to change your class as well, you could potentially create a generic class change system that changes your battler based on class! Now all that's missing is a spear grid to switch between classes with...

joeyjoejoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yami and anyone else who can help me. :) I think I found a bug in the script.  I don't know if it's because of how I have my scripts or skills set up, but when magic is reflected it uses the reflect's subject's MATK instead of the user's MATK.

To clarify:

Hero has high MAT, enemy has low MAT. Hero has reflect state, enemy bounces magic off hero, hits an enemy and does pretty heavy damage, much more than it would have normally.

Thanks for any guidance anyone can offer me.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Yami and anyone else who can help me. :) I think I found a bug in the script.  I don't know if it's because of how I have my scripts or skills set up, but when magic is reflected it uses the reflect's subject's MATK instead of the user's MATK.

To clarify:

Hero has high MAT, enemy has low MAT. Hero has reflect state, enemy bounces magic off hero, hits an enemy and does pretty heavy damage, much more than it would have normally.

Thanks for any guidance anyone can offer me.
I'm pretty sure that's how Ace normally handles Reflect. It has nothing to do with symphony.

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually, I remember testing how reflect works by default about a month ago, to confirm I tested it again.  The default behavior uses the caster's stats, Symphony's behavior uses the reflector's stats.

Teivel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello? Just wondering something.

When I start a battle everything goes smoothly, then I attack and it's still fine,
but as soon as it's my characters turn again I can't do anything, no item use, no attacking. Nothing.

I know that it's Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine doing it because when I remove it, the rest works fine... But I like how they look together, anyone able to help?

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello? Just wondering something.

When I start a battle everything goes smoothly, then I attack and it's still fine,

but as soon as it's my characters turn again I can't do anything, no item use, no attacking. Nothing.

I know that it's Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine doing it because when I remove it, the rest works fine... But I like how they look together, anyone able to help?
I don't think it was intended by either scripter for multiple different battle engines to be used at the same time, at least combined.

It would probably be much better (with less bugs) if you could find a way to modify the main script being used to have the format you want.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think it was intended by either scripter for multiple different battle engines to be used at the same time, at least combined.

It would probably be much better (with less bugs) if you could find a way to modify the main script being used to have the format you want.
Yanfly Battle Engine is meant to work fine with Battle Symphony. It's even included in the demo as a bonus. Battle Symphony (which only draws icons and actor battlers) in no way clashes with pretty much any battle system script aside from raw 8D/Kaduki/Holder scripts (since symphony has it's own add-on for it) or other scripts that draw actor-battlers and icons in battles. (ex: other Sideview battle scripts)

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yanfly Battle Engine is meant to work fine with Battle Symphony. It's even included in the demo as a bonus. Battle Symphony (which only draws icons and actor battlers) in no way clashes with pretty much any battle system script aside from raw 8D/Kaduki/Holder scripts (since symphony has it's own add-on for it) or other scripts that draw actor-battlers and icons in battles. (ex: other Sideview battle scripts)
Well that's odd, then. Why would it not be working for this one person, in this instance?

leedragoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

=begin

# Actor Notetag

# Scriptcall

=end

# The script

module Selchar

module Symphony

//i

end

end

end

def holders_name

end

end

end

@class_holder_name = {}

next unless i

end

end

end

end

# End of File

[-_>
Oh snap, thank you for showing me this and thanks to Selchar for being awesome and making this! :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Birthday to me!! :LZSsmile:
I try to edit a damage pattern.
index.php
My gf is always afraid of infecting me. Well... Three colds, covid and an angine, I've survived them all wothout getting infected. My immune system is well trained.
Master thesis has offically started, so in about 6 months you may offically call me Master of Science ;D
That moment when you realize that you and another user just Liked a post from each other at exactly the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuDePinto