Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Default magic or certain hit (that first hit happens with certain hit as well)  actions should only be used if i don't customize my skills with symphony tags, as stated in the script comment beggining at line 142: 

#========================================================================== # Default Magic Actions # ------------------------------------------------------------------------- # These are the default magic actions for all Magic Skills as well as Certain # hit Skills. Battlers will play these actions when use a Magic/Certain Hit # Skill unless You customize it with Symphony Tags. #========================================================================== For my skill, i am indeed using target action. The problem is "solved" if i set my skill to be a physical attack. What i am almost sure that's happening is that magical and certain attacks are using the default actions before my custom tags, and it should not be happening at all.
Certain Hit in Battle Engine Symphony does work! :D

You need to customize your Certain Hit or Magical Attack skill with <whole action> symphony tags. Try it. The default magic/certain hit actions include a <whole action> auto symphony. There's a tag for skill effect inside there, which is why you run into that problem of your target action tags being processed unexpectedly. Alternatively, you can comment that out of your default magical action (about line 157 for me)! You may have already solved this. Just a heads up for anyone else confused about their Certain Hits not working in Symphony.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks a lot for the answer. Actually i was using all my skill as physical, and making the dmg based on MAT. The bad part is that the evading/reflect formulas were all based in the physical parameters of the target, which is not good at all.

I will test it when i get home (working here rsrsrs).

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Due to the situation with Yami's website (I hope it gets resolved soon), I cannot currently access the link to the Holders Animated Battlers add-on script.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of this script, please?

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well that's odd, then. Why would it not be working for this one person, in this instance?
Because chances are it's another script in their game conflicting with it. -_-;

Hello? Just wondering something.

When I start a battle everything goes smoothly, then I attack and it's still fine,

but as soon as it's my characters turn again I can't do anything, no item use, no attacking. Nothing.

I know that it's Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine doing it because when I remove it, the rest works fine... But I like how they look together, anyone able to help?
You KNOW do you? One thing I learned the hard way a long time ago that you clearly haven't yet is that when a problem like this occurs, it's YOUR FAULT not the script writer's. Double check your scripts, put all of yanfly's script in a fresh project with NOTHING ELSE and test this out. Considering everyone else runs things just fine and your the only one with the issues, there's a 99.9% chance a script you have in your project is conflicting with yanfly's scripts.

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Sarkoth131

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't figure out how to make enemies equip weapons after getting them animated. I downloaded the "enemy character set" and pasted the script in but where do I go from there? The guide I found at (http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/19884-a-guide-to-yamis-battle-symphony/) doesn't help with my problem.  I assume the blog that got taken down had tutorials that I can't access now... Looking at the code I can't figure out what tag I'm supposed to use. I'm relatively new to scripts and I can't figure out how to make this work. I tried tags like <equip: weapon> or like <weapon: 1> but I'm just guessing here. I'd like to find some tutorials on this or maybe if the comments in the code weren't so vague. I have no idea what tag I should use and I'd really like to use this system for my game.

JaredDufour

Power Ranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
this is the tag you need to use

<weapon 1: 151>

weapon 1 referring to the 1st weapon the monster is using 151 being the listed example's weapon id. so you will use weapon 151 in the database... this is the number you want to change to whatever weapon you want.

hope that makes sense and is broken down appropriately for you.

cheers!

Sarkoth131

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this is the tag you need to use

<weapon 1: 151>

weapon 1 referring to the 1st weapon the monster is using 151 being the listed example's weapon id. so you will use weapon 151 in the database... this is the number you want to change to whatever weapon you want.

hope that makes sense and is broken down appropriately for you.

cheers!
Yes! Thank you that was exactly what I needed.

Slasherzeta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question in regards to the in battle graphics (Holder Battlers specifically). Is there anyway to change which sheet is used via what piece of equipment a character has equipped, or possibly through other things of that nature? Say I have two sprite sheets for character X, one with a Sword, one with an Axe, is there anyway to set it up so that when the character has an Axe equipped its the Axe sheet, whilst if a sword is equipped, it's the Sword sheet? 

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Sorry for double post:

- Updated link version 1.16c.

- Updated Github Repo to latest source.

- Updated License to MIT License (Don't worry, It's still free)

Honinbou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hey Hikari. :)

First, thanks for the system.

I got a error, line 2883, undifined method []

"  if $imported["YEA-BattleEngine"] "

---

I don't know build .rb, sorry.

@EDIT

Thanks Hikari. :)

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Add this at the start of Symphony script:

Code:
$imported = {} if $imported.nil?$imported["YES-BattleSymphony"] = true

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like MIT, it's like the Holy Grail of Engineering... XD

Do you have a copy of the manual somewhere? I kind of need to look up some stuff and I can't find the manual. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh wait, it's on the first post... Sorry :)

M00NBEAST

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have two questions. I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what does what, and I'd rather seek help than just start changing a bunch of random settings. lol

First, how can I make it so monsters don't move to their target when they attack? (I'd rather they just flash, or maybe move slightly forward).

Second, is there a way to make it so ranged battlers don't move to their target as if they're attacking in melee? If so, is there also a way to create an additional animation of an icon (arrow/bullet) being projected from the attacker to their target?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1) Use the symphony tags instead of relying on the auto-symphony

2) Same as above

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
There is a way to do it with auto symphony and default actions option so that you don't have to do this over and over with many skills, I will write a tutorial soon.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Making your own auto-symphony I guess? :)

M00NBEAST

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Which tags?
Your answer only tells me that I can do it with Symphony, but doesn't tell me how. :x

Specifically, what do I need to change in the script to stop monsters from moving?

As for weapon animations, how do I set bow users to not run up and smack their target with the bow instead of shooting them from where they are?

I have a shoot skill set with the note script, but how do I make the bows use that script in place of normal attacks? The tutorial I read didn't explain that part.

I could do it with Yanfly's Weapon Attack Replace script, but the link seems to be broken and I can't find it anywhere else on the internet. Does anyone happen to have that script for VX Ace?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today, we got "The ancient Forest"

Map042.png

And here's a little ingame view:
Clipboard01.png

New Boss Attacks for Soul Hero Adventure:
1,Aim and shoot
2,Boulders falling frenzy
3,Throwing Fireballs
4,Chasing Magical Traps
5,Lasers attack of 360-degree
Pokemon AI Logic: "Enemy is weak to Fire, I better use Rain Dance to make fire type moves less effective. I should just always cast Rain Dance first no matter what, even though it's a niche move that I'm not set up to exploit."
After a little test with the parallax mapping, found it lags like a cat on a leash. Instead of the original idea to parallax map the entirety of the ship, I guess I'll settle for editing the tilesets. Probably should have done that first. :kaosigh:
So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memeking1179