Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@m00nbeast

Read the manual and learn how to make symphony tags for skills similar to how the Autosymphony has it set up, but with your own changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

M00NBEAST

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@m00nbeast

Read the manual and learn how to make symphony tags for skills similar to how the Autosymphony has it set up, but with your own changes.
"Read the manual" is not a helpful answer. I've read it, and just can't figure out what changes the attack animation to the designated skill. I've got the skill set up. It works. What I don't know how to do (and evidently fail to understand in the manual) is how to make that skill replace the 'attack' command when attacking with a bow or a gun.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That is done via another script (look for something like weapon attack replace), that is not a part of symphony

Kyutaru

Software Engineer & Ninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Symphony is compatible with Yanfly's Engine.  That also includes the Weapon Attack Replace script.  So you won't need to learn how to script or read any manuals.

Hey Yami, how about giving us some joint action commands by default?  Mimicing Chrono Trigger just isn't any fun without triple teaming bosses with crazy special effects.

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just want to say that it makes me extremely happy that Fomar0153's ATB works perfectly with this. Part of me wasn't sure if it would or not...

M00NBEAST

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That is done via another script (look for something like weapon attack replace), that is not a part of symphony
Thanks for letting me know. Someone else said it could be done and that the answer was in the manual. :p

I wanted to use Yanfly's Weapon Attack Replace script, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. His main page seems to be offline indefinitely.

I was hoping someone here might have the script in one of their files or something. 

Otherwise, if they knew a script that worked for VX Ace that does the same thing.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Read the latest blog post. Unless you mean the page isn't loading which doesn't seem to be the case since I can see it here.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
yeah, read the latest post which has a link to all the scripts (which I think Archeia spent a lot of time compiling)

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
It works great Yami,you are awesome!

Just a little question,it is posible to change actors stances based in states?

Im using holder addon,excuse me for my bad English.

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is amazing! One question can this be used for commercial games?

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other

tearsofthenight

Evil Sorcerer/Mystic Key Stealer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
why does my battlers attack nonstop? When they first attack me, they don't stop its weird.

XPhater

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm using Yami Symphony with Holder's battlers addon, and when I set an enemy to have the Boss Collapse flag, the enemy vanishes instantly (he doesn't actually move as you can see his shadow slowly fading away in place), but the collapse animation itself moves about half a screen width to the left, and plays in slow motion for about 30 seconds. This only happens when using Holder style battlesheets for enemies. Reverting the enemy to a static stillimage fixes the issue.

This was mentioned on page 1 of this thread but I didn't see any resolution.

The other bug I found is when an enemy has collapse effect set to boss, when they die the collapse effect takes place way to the left of the screen.
--------------------------

It works great Yami,you are awesome!

Just a little question,it is posible to change actors stances based in states?

Im using holder addon,excuse me for my bad English.
Selchar's addon is what you need

Code:
#===============================================================================# Script: Customizable Holder Battlers# Author: Selchar# Requestor: Nosleinad# Credits: Yami#================================================================================beginThis is an extention of Yami's Holder Battler addon for Battle Engine Symphony.It allows for different battlers based on class id, as well as changing it viascriptcall.  Scriptcall changes take priority over class specific, which takespriority over the default holder notetag.#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Actor Notetag#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------<class holder battler class_id: filename>#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Scriptcall#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------$game_actors[actor_id].new_holders_name = 'filename'Replace class_id or actor_id with the relevant number, and filename with thename of the holder style image you want to use.=end#===============================================================================# The script#===============================================================================module Selchar  module Symphony    def self.holder_class(class_id)      /<class[-_ ]?holder[-_ ]?battler[-_ ]?#{class_id}:\s*(.*)\s*>/i    end  endendclass Game_Actor < Game_Battler  attr_accessor :new_holders_name    def holders_name    if @new_holders_name != nil      return @new_holders_name if @new_holders_name != ''    end    return actor.class_holder_name(@class_id) if actor.class_holder_name(@class_id)    return actor.holders_name  endendclass RPG::Actor  def class_holder_name(class_id)    if @class_holder_name.nil?      @class_holder_name = {}      $data_classes.each do |i|        next unless i        @class_holder_name[i.id] = $1 if @note =~ Selchar::Symphony.holder_class(i.id)      end    end    @class_holder_name[class_id]  endend#===============================================================================# End of File#===============================================================================

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yami, please, you could create a script to cooperative ability, which was compatible with the "Battle Shympony" and "Victor ATB"?

I would be eternally grateful.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yami, please, you could create a script to cooperative ability, which was compatible with the "Battle Shympony" and "Victor ATB"?

I would be eternally grateful.
DoubleX made a script for that, if you're referring to what I think you are referring to. (Two or more actors performing skill tags at the same time in one attack, something like that)

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
DoubleX made a script for that, if you're referring to what I think you are referring to. (Two or more actors performing skill tags at the same time in one attack, something like that)
Name or link please *.*

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22375-doublex-rmvxa-unison-skillsitems/

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22432-doublex-rmvxa-unison-skillsitems-compatibility-fix/

They're currently not intended to support Victor ATB(and will probably never be as default battle system and atb are completely different things)

(As an excuse to promote my scripts)If you just want atb but not victor atb though, you may try this:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22773-doublex-rmvxa-unison-addon-to-ysa-battle-system-classical-atb/

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22375-doublex-rmvxa-unison-skillsitems/

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22432-doublex-rmvxa-unison-skillsitems-compatibility-fix/

They're currently not intended to support Victor ATB(and will probably never be as default battle system and atb are completely different things)

(As an excuse to promote my scripts)If you just want atb but not victor atb though, you may try this:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/22773-doublex-rmvxa-unison-addon-to-ysa-battle-system-classical-atb/

But to use it, it would be necessary to use the YanFly Ace Battle Engine?

I do not like YanFly Ace Battle Engine =/

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Happy treason day, Colonial friends <3

I am officially amused. One of the NPCs in my project is basically meant as the guy you check in with to point you where you should go next, including if you’ve been away for a bit and have forgotten.

I can conclusively say he does his job nicely. I was out of town over the weekend. I had forgotten what I was working on, so I checked what I had last done with him for a reminder. ^.^
While talking about anime with a friend got the idea of doing this. :kaopride:
4m6nhlF.jpg

Character: Mirajane Strauss from Fairy Tail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariaalex