leedragoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But to use it, it would be necessary to use the YanFly Ace Battle Engine?

I do not like YanFly Ace Battle Engine =/
If you don't then I recommend Victor's animated battlers, you won't have any compatibility issues with his ATB.

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
But the "Battle Engine Symphony" is Extreme! BD

Victor is dead ... last update was on site in October 4, 2013 ... Unfortunately (Scripts him are pretty cool too)

:(

Last edited by a moderator:

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
But the "Battle Engine Symphony" is Extreme! BD

Victor is dead ... last update was on site in October 4, 2013 ... Unfortunately (Scripts him are pretty cool too)

:(
The sad thing is, Battle Engine Symphony was based on Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine(and quite inclined to Core Engine as well) while Victor's ATB was based on his basic module. They're notorious for incompatibility.

Unless either Yanfly(inactive for more than 2 years) or Victor(or both) would change their mind and work on it(I think it's nearly impossible), I don't think it'll be solved as it seems that no one else even wants to touch it.

The most feasible solution I can think of is to replace Victor's ATB with an ATB script being compatible with Battle Engine Symphony. The only such script I know is Fomar's ATB, but I doubt if it'll raise some other issues.

JaredDufour

Power Ranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
mog hunters atb works with symphony as well :) ^

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But to use it, it would be necessary to use the YanFly Ace Battle Engine?

I do not like YanFly Ace Battle Engine =/
.....You don't need the Yanfly Battle Engine for symphony. They're their own things completely.

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
.....You don't need the Yanfly Battle Engine for symphony. They're their own things completely.
But to have the skill system group (Cooperative skill), you must have the script doubleX, which only works with the ATB Yami.

you need a pach ...

ATB's Yami, need necessarily the "YanFly Ace Battle Engine".

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
But to have the skill system group (Cooperative skill), you must have the script doubleX, which only works with the ATB Yami.

you need a pach ...

ATB's Yami, need necessarily the "YanFly Ace Battle Engine".
Did you tried Fomar's ATB or Moghunter's ATB yet? It seems that they're basically compatible with Battle Engine Symphony(I haven't tried but at least some said so). There might be a cooperative skill script that's compatible with both the formers(or at least one of the former) and the latter. I briefly searched for cooperative skill scripts and the below may be a possible candidate:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/24135-basic-combo-attacks/?hl=combo

If they do work together, you may want to ask either Fomar or Moghunter to enhance their ATB scripts to suit your needs.

If you still prefer to use both Victor's ATB and Battle Engine Symphony together though, you may either:

- Ask Yami or Victor to solve the compatibility issues(nearly impossible)

- Ask Yami to write a new ATB script that's similar to Victor's ATB to suit your needs(it won't be his CATB as he doesn't support it anymore)

- Ask Victor to write a new Battle System that's similar to Battle Engine Symphony to suit your needs(but you said he's inactive)

- Ask a or some free selfless script guru(s) that understand(s) both Victor's ATB and Battle Engine Symphony to write both battle systems(or a combined battle system, it may even combine with cooperative skills) altogether(I hope you can find such a willing genius)

Then you may want to ask some or all of them or some other scripters to write a cooperative skill script that works with the above ones if such feature isn't included already.

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Did you tried Fomar's ATB or Moghunter's ATB yet? It seems that they're basically compatible with Battle Engine Symphony(I haven't tried but at least some said so). There might be a cooperative skill script that's compatible with both the formers(or at least one of the former) and the latter. I briefly searched for cooperative skill scripts and the below may be a possible candidate:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/24135-basic-combo-attacks/?hl=combo

If they do work together, you may want to ask either Fomar or Moghunter to enhance their ATB scripts to suit your needs.

If you still prefer to use both Victor's ATB and Battle Engine Symphony together though, you may either:

- Ask Yami or Victor to solve the compatibility issues(nearly impossible)

- Ask Yami to write a new ATB script that's similar to Victor's ATB to suit your needs(it won't be his CATB as he doesn't support it anymore)

- Ask Victor to write a new Battle System that's similar to Battle Engine Symphony to suit your needs(but you said he's inactive)

- Ask a or some free selfless script guru(s) that understand(s) both Victor's ATB and Battle Engine Symphony to write both battle systems(or a combined battle system, it may even combine with cooperative skills) altogether(I hope you can find such a willing genius)

Then you may want to ask some or all of them or some other scripters to write a cooperative skill script that works with the above ones if such feature isn't included already.
I will analyze your options.

But one thing is certain, the Battle Symphony I will use in the project. it is absolute.

ATB yes, I can change this, but without adding the "Battle Ace YanFly engine", not like the huge heads (faces) in the battle menu. (that's what attracts me atb the victor because the scenery is clean, and to spend the heroes, just push the button "esc")

limiTraveler

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The sad thing is, Battle Engine Symphony was based on Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine(and quite inclined to Core Engine as well) while Victor's ATB was based on his basic module. They're notorious for incompatibility.
I have to second this. Victor's scripts are cool, but they are incompatible with Yanfly and, by association, Yami's scripts (and several others.) Additionally, Victor has stated previously that he/she is not interested in making the scripts compatible, even for payment. If you really want to use them together, you'll have to make the necessary adjustments yourself or get someone to help you.

TheTrueCyprien

Multipurpose Dude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
First of all, thanks for providing this awesome script!

There is still a bug with magic reflection as well as counter attacks, though. If someone with either mrf or cnt isn't able to move (due to a state) the game crashes with a NoMethodError on line 3360/3390 undefined method 'set_attack/skill' for nil.

Found this out as I was trying to create an electrified-state which stuns and reflects incoming waterdmg... Would be cool if you could fix it. :)

Kyutaru

Software Engineer & Ninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've said this a bunch of times already, but man... one thousand good turns deserve yet another.

This is the greatest script that has ever been created for RPG Anything.  Ever.

It could be even better, but that's just me being greedy.  It already does enough once you figure out how it really works.

Trilient

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello! First off, I love this script! Thank you for making it available to everyone.

Second, I have a problem. I'm not sure if I understand the Symphony tags correctly, however I'm assuming that this -should- work properly:

<target action>

immortal: target, true

move user: forward, 10, wait

stance: user, bomb

icon create: user, bomb, hand, 278

icon throw user: target, bomb, 20, 60, wait

icon delete: user, item

skill effect: whole

animation 79: target, wait

move user: origin

stance: user, idle </target action>

This is a symphony tag for throwing bombs as an item. When I use it though, it damages twice. Like it's calling the original item damage and then calculating damage a second time through the tags. I would really only like it to calculate damage with the tag only. I did read through the thread to see if there was a similar problem, and I found a post a few pages back that had this problem. I tried his fix and it didn't work for me, so any advice would be welcomed.

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have a problem in compatibility.
It would be possible to solve?

Tsukihime - Tag Manager (Request)

=begin#============================================================================== Title: Tag Manager Author: Hime Date: Dec 14, 2013------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ** Change log 1.5 Dec 14, 2013   - increased compatibility for "equippable?" method 1.4 Aug 28, 2013   - fixed bug where actors can equip anything 1.3 Mar 6, 2013   - added tags to Maps   - integrated several plugins with this script 1.2 Nov 3, 2012   - made more compatible with th_core scripts and other managers 1.1 Nov 1, 2012   - fixed bug where multiple tags were not being parsed 1.0 Oct 26, 2012   - Initial Release------------------------------------------------------------------------------    ** Terms of Use * Free to use in non-commercial projects * Contact me for commercial use * No real support. The script is provided as-is * Will do bug fixes, but no compatibility patches * Features may be requested but no guarantees, especially if it is non-trivial * Credits to Hime Works in your project * Preserve this header------------------------------------------------------------------------------  This script allows you to assign "database object tags", or basically "tags", to various database objects. These are simple strings that are stored with the object and can be referenced if needed.  There are two types of tags: 1. Object tags.    - These are tags that will be stored with your objects.  2. Condition tags.    - These are special tags that can be used to filter objects by tags.      For example, you can use them to prevent an actor from equipping something     To add an object tag, notetag the database object with    <tag: string1 string2 string3>     Where each string is an arbitrary non-whitespace terminated sequence of characters (eg: male, female, dwarf, elf, blah, carrot)  You may have multiple object tags for a single object.     To add a condition tag, notetag the database object with    <tag_cond: tag1 tag2 ... >     For special map conditions, you can use the notetag    <map_cond: tag1 tag2 ... >  Tag conditions are specified as logical expressions. Conditions of the form    <tag_cond: tag1 tag2 tag3 ... > Mean that tag1 AND tag2 AND tag3 AND ... must all be satisfied.  Conditions of the form    <tag_cond: tag1>    <tag_cond: tag2> Mean that the requirements are satisfied if tag1 OR tag2 are present.  You also have the NOT operator, which can be specified using the ! sign, as shown:    <tag_cond: !tag1>     Which means the condition is satisfied only if tag1 does NOT exist.  You can mix all three of the above operators to create all kinds of logical expressions. For example     <tag_cond: male soldier !human>    <tag_cond: female monk elf>     This translates to   (male AND soldier AND NOT human) OR (female AND monk AND elf)    This script does not handle parentheses, so you are unable to say things like !(a or . Instead, you should expand it to !a and !b and then apply the logic there.    #===============================================================================end$imported = {} if $imported.nil?$imported["Tsuki_TagManager"] = 1.5$imported["TH_TagManager"] = 1.5#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Configuration#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------module TagManager   # delimiter to use to separate tags in a single line.  Tag_Delimiter = " "   #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------# Rest of Script#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Tag_Regex = /<tag:\s*(.*)>/i  Tag_Cond_Regex = /<tag_cond:\s*(.*)>/i  Map_Cond_Regex = /<map_cond:\s*(.*)>/i   def object_tags    return @tags unless @tags.nil?    load_notetag_object_tags    return @tags  end   def condition_tags    return @cond_tags unless @cond_tags.nil?    load_notetag_condition_tags    return @cond_tags  end   def map_condition_tags    return @map_cond_tags unless @map_cond_tags.nil?    load_notetag_map_condition_tags    return @map_cond_tags  end   def load_notetag_object_tags    @tags = []    res = self.note.scan(Tag_Regex).flatten    @tags = res ? res.map{|tag| tag.downcase.split(Tag_Delimiter)}.flatten : []  end   def load_notetag_condition_tags    @cond_tags = []    res = self.note.scan(Tag_Cond_Regex)    res.each {|group|      @cond_tags.push(parse_condition_tags(group[0].downcase.split(Tag_Delimiter)))    }  end   def load_notetag_map_condition_tags    @map_cond_tags = []    res = self.note.scan(Map_Cond_Regex)    res.each {|group|      @map_cond_tags.push(parse_condition_tags(group[0].downcase.split(Tag_Delimiter)))    }  end   # Use two lists to keep track of NOT conditions. The first list  # holds all tags that must exist, and the second list holds  # all tags that must not exist.  def parse_condition_tags(conds)    lists = [[],[]]    conds.each {|cond|      cond[0] == "!" ? lists[1] << cond[1..-1] : lists[0] << cond    }    return lists  end   alias :cond_tags :condition_tags  alias :tags :object_tags  alias :map_cond_tags :map_condition_tagsendmodule RPG   class BaseItem    include TagManager  end   class Map    include TagManager  endendclass Game_BattlerBase   # Returns an array of tags that the battler has  def tags    tag_objects.inject([]) {|r, obj| r + obj.object_tags }  end   def tag_objects    states  end   def map_tag_conditions_met?(item)    return true if item.map_cond_tags.empty?    return item.map_cond_tags.any? {|group|      (group[0] - $game_map.tags).empty? && (group[1] & $game_map.tags).empty?    }  end   # Returns true if there are no tag conditions, or all tag conditions  # are met, which means all required tags must be present and actor does not  # have any restricted tags  def item_tag_conditions_met?(item)    return true if item.cond_tags.empty?    return false unless item.cond_tags.any? {|group|      (group[0] - tags).empty? && (group[1] & tags).empty?    }    return true  end   alias :th_tag_manager_equippable? :equippable?  def equippable?(item)    return false unless th_tag_manager_equippable?(item)    return false if item.is_a?(RPG::Weapon) && !tag_equip_weapon_ok?(item)    return false if item.is_a?(RPG::Armor) && !tag_equip_armor_ok?(item)    return true  end   def tag_equip_weapon_ok?(item)    return false if !map_tag_conditions_met?(item)    return false if !item_tag_conditions_met?(item)    return false unless equip_wtype_ok?(item.wtype_id)    return true  end   def tag_equip_armor_ok?(item)    return false if !map_tag_conditions_met?(item)    return false if !item_tag_conditions_met?(item)    return false unless equip_atype_ok?(item.atype_id)    return true  endendclass Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase        alias :th_tag_manager_item_test :item_test  def item_test(user, item)        # Effects only valid if tag conditions met    return false unless item_tag_conditions_met?(item)    return false unless map_tag_conditions_met?(item)    return th_tag_manager_item_test(user, item)  endendclass Game_Enemy < Game_Battler   #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  #  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  def tag_objects    super + [enemy]  endendclass Game_Actor < Game_Battler     #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  #  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  def tag_objects    super + [actor] + [self.class] + equips.compact  endendclass Game_Map   #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  # Tags on the map  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  def tags    @map.tags  endend

Adiktuzmiko - Extende Blue Mage (The script are problem of compatible with Yami Battle Symphony)

Code:
#==============================================================================## Extended Blue Magic v1.01# by AdiktuzMiko# --- Date Created: 05/22/2013# --- Last Date Updated: 05/23/2013# --- Level: Easy# Requires:#         "Tag Manager" - by Tsukihime#         [URL="http://himeworks.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/tag-manager/#%23"]http://himeworks.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/tag-manager/##[/URL] Based/Edited on Blue Magic Script by:#     Mr. Bubble ([URL="http://mrbubblewand.wordpress.com/rgss3/blue-magic/"]http://mrbubblewand.wordpress.com/rgss3/blue-magic/[/URL])## All I did was modify his script to enable multiple kinds of "blue" magic# by utilizing the Tag Manager by Tsukihime## For those who don't know what blue magic is, its a method of learning# abilities from monsters that was introduced by Final Fantasy.# When a monster with a blue magic hits a blue mage, he will learn that# ability.## Now, this script allows you to have more than one kind of "blue" magic# which gives you better flexibility on your "blue" magic escapades.## If you only need a single blue magic type for your game, I would suggest# that you use the original version by Mr. Bubble##==============================================================================#   ++ Notetags ++#==============================================================================## Note tags will depend on the tags that you will set on the settings below##==============================================================================#   ++ Installation ++#==============================================================================# Install this script in the Materials section in your project's# script editor.## This script requires:##     "Tag Manager" - by Tsukihime#         [URL="http://himeworks.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/tag-manager/#%23"]http://himeworks.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/tag-manager/##[/URL]==============================================================================#   ++ Compatibility ++#==============================================================================# This script aliases the following default VXA methods:##     Game_ActionResult#clear#     Game_Battler#item_apply#     Scene_Battle#process_action_end#     Scene_Battle#use_item#    # There are no default method overwrites.## I don't know if this is compatible with the original Blue Magic script by Mr. Bubble# but I don't see why you'll have them both in your game anyway## Also, it doesn't seem to be compatible with the Yami Engine Ace - Charge Skill# script.##==============================================================================#   ++ Terms and Conditions ++#==============================================================================## The terms and conditions to be used on this script will be the same# as that of the original script for the moment.##==============================================================================$imported ||= {}$imported["ExtendedBlueMagic"] = true#==========================================================================# ++ START OF USER CUSTOMIZATION MODULE ++#==========================================================================#==========================================================================# ++ Adiktuz::Regexp#==========================================================================module Adiktuz  module Regexp    #register tags here    #key => "tagname",        #remember that since this utilizes TagManager    #the actual tags that you put in the note boxes would be    #<tag: tagname>        #BLUE_MAGIC_SKILLS_TAG lists the tags that you will put on skills    #that are to be specified as blue magic    #BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNING_TAG lists the tags that you will put on    #actors, classes, equipments and states that should be given the    #blue mage property        #If an actor is tagged as a blue mage, then he can learn the blue magic    #skills of that type    #If a class is tagged as a blue mage, then any actor of that class can    #learn the blue magic skills of that type    #If an equipment is tagged as a blue mage, then any actor that equips it    #can learn the blue magic skills of that type    #If a state is tagged as a blue mage, then any actor who has that state    #can learn the blue magic skills of that type        #Example: If a skill tagged with <tag: oversoul> hits an actor tagged    #         with <tag: oversoullearn>, then that actor will learn that    #         skill    #Remember also that multiple of these tags can be used on a single object        #Example: Skill 1 can be both a dragonmagic and an oversoul    #         Actor 2 can be both a blue mage and an oversoul user    #         If skill 1 is used on Actor 2, he will learn that skill    #         since it has the oversoul tag, and the actor has the oversoullearn tag    #         Now if it hits for example Actor 3 that is only tagged as a bluemage    #         then actor 3 won't learn the ability since that ability is not    #         tagged as a blue magic       BLUE_MAGIC_SKILLS_TAG =    {        1 => "bluemagic",        2 => "dragonmagic",        3 => "oversoul",    }    BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNING_TAG =    {        1 => "bluemagiclearn",        2 => "dragonmagiclearn",        3 => "oversoullearn",    }      end # module Regexpend # module Adiktuzmodule Adiktuz  #==========================================================================  # ++ Blue Magic Settings  #==========================================================================  #  # All of these settings are to be set per key that you have placed on the  # tags part above.  #  # Make sure that all keys have registered values, else it might throw an error  #  # Example: If I have a key (3) on any of the settings or the tags, then  #          all settings and tags must also have an entry for the key (3)  module BlueMagic  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  #   Alternative Blue Magic Learning Methods  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # true  : Actors can learn Blue Magic regardless of who it hits.  # false : Actors must be hit directly with Blue Magic to learn.  LEARN_BY_SIGHT =  {      1 => true,      2 => false,      3 => false,  }  # true  : Actors can learn Blue Magic cast by other actors.  # false : Actors can only learn Blue Magic from enemies.  LEARN_BY_ALLIES =  {      1 => false,      2 => false,      3 => false,  }  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  #   Blue Magic Learned Battle Message  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # This defines the message displayed in battle when an actor learns an  # Blue Magic skill.  #  # The first %s is automatically replaced by the actor's name.  # The second %2 is automatically replaced by the skill's name.  BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNED_MESSAGE =  {     1 => "%s learned %s.",     2 => "%s assimilated the dragon's %s.",     3 => "%s learned %s.",  }   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  #   Blue Magic Learned Sound Effect  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # Sound effect played when the Blue Magic learned message is displayed.  # Filename is a sound effect found in the Audio/SE/ folder.  #  #                        "filename", volume, pitch  BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNED_SE =  {     1 => [  "Chime2",     80,   100],     2 => [  "Chime2",     80,   100],     3 => [  "Chime2",     80,   100],  }   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  #   Blue Magic Message Wait  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # This setting determines how long the Blue Magic learned message is  # displayed in battle. Higher values increase the wait time.  BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNED_MESSAGE_WAIT =  {      1 => 3,      2 => 3,      3 => 3,  }  end # module BlueMagicend # module Adiktuz#==========================================================================# ++ END OF USER CUSTOMIZATION MODULE ++#==========================================================================#==========================================================================# ++ DO NOT TOUCH ++#==========================================================================$Which = 0#==============================================================================# ++ Sound#==============================================================================module Sound  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : play_blue_magic_learned  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.play_blue_magic_learned    filename = Adiktuz::BlueMagic::BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNED_SE[$Which][0]    volume = Adiktuz::BlueMagic::BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNED_SE[$Which][1]    pitch = Adiktuz::BlueMagic::BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNED_SE[$Which][2]    Audio.se_play("Audio/SE/" + filename, volume, pitch)  end end # module Sound#==============================================================================# ++ Window_BattleLog#==============================================================================class Window_BattleLog < Window_Selectable  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : display_learned_blue_magic  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def display_learned_blue_magic(actor)    id = actor.result.blue_magic_skill_to_learn    fmt = Adiktuz::BlueMagic::BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNED_MESSAGE[$Which]    add_text( sprintf(fmt, actor.name, $data_skills[id].name) )    Sound.play_blue_magic_learned    Adiktuz::BlueMagic::BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNED_MESSAGE_WAIT[$Which].times do wait end    wait_for_effect  endend#==============================================================================# ++ Game_ActionResult#==============================================================================class Game_ActionResult  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # public instance variables  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  attr_accessor :blue_magic_skill_to_learn  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # alias : clear  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias clear_Adiktuz_bluemagic clear  def clear    clear_Adiktuz_bluemagic # alias        @blue_magic_skill_to_learn = 0  endend#==============================================================================# ++ Game_Battler#==============================================================================class Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # alias : item_apply  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias item_apply_Adiktuz_bluemagic item_apply  def item_apply(user, item)    item_apply_Adiktuz_bluemagic(user, item) # alias        if blue_magic_learning_ok?(user, item)      @result.blue_magic_skill_to_learn = item.id    end  end   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : blue_magic_learning_ok?  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  #This is done so that each ability and actor can have multiple  #bluemagic types and so that it will correctly process if any of those  #combinations are present  def blue_magic_learning_ok?(user, item)    if @result.hit? then      Adiktuz::Regexp::BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNING_TAG.each_pair do |index,value|         return true if blue_magic_learning?(index,value) && item.object_tags.include?(Adiktuz::Regexp::BLUE_MAGIC_SKILLS_TAG[index]) && blue_magic_learn_by_allies?(user)      end    end    return false  end   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : blue_magic_learning?  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def blue_magic_learning?(index,value)    if actor?        $Which = index          return true if self.actor.object_tags.include?(value)          return true if self.class.object_tags.include?(value)          for equip in equips            next if equip.nil?            return true if equip.object_tags.include?(value)          end           for state in states            next if state.nil?         return true if state.object_tags.include?(value)          end    end    return false  end # def blue_magic_learning?   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : blue_magic_learn_by_allies?  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def blue_magic_learn_by_allies?(user)    if user.actor?      return Adiktuz::BlueMagic::LEARN_BY_ALLIES[$which]    else      return true    end  end # defend # class Game_Battler#==============================================================================# ++ Game_Actor#==============================================================================class Game_Actor < Game_Battler   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : new_blue_magic_skill_learned?  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def new_blue_magic_skill_learned?    skill_id = @result.blue_magic_skill_to_learn    return false unless skill_id > 0    return false if skill_learn?($data_skills[skill_id])    learn_skill(skill_id)    return true  end   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : blue_magic_skills  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # returns an array of Blue Magic skill ids learned by the battler  def blue_magic_skills    Adiktuz::Regexp::BLUE_MAGIC_SKILLS_TAG.each_value do |value|        @skills.select { |id| $data_skills[id].object_tags.include?(value) }    end  end   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : learnable_blue_magic_from_target  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def learnable_blue_magic_from_target(target)    target.blue_magic_skills.select { |id| !@skills.include?(id) }  endend # class Game_Actor#==============================================================================# ++ Game_Enemy#==============================================================================class Game_Enemy < Game_Battler  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : blue_magic_skills  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # returns an array of Blue Magic skill ids learned by the battler  def blue_magic_skills    skill_ids = enemy.actions.collect { |action| action.skill_id }    Adiktuz::Regexp::BLUE_MAGIC_SKILLS_TAG.each_key do |index|        skill_ids.uniq!.select! { |id| $data_skills[id].object_tags.include?(Adiktuz::Regexp::BLUE_MAGIC_SKILLS_TAG[index]) }    end  endend # class Game_Enemy#==============================================================================# ++ Scene_Battle#==============================================================================class Scene_Battle < Scene_Base  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # alias : process_action_end  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # Checks all Blue Magic learn flags and displays message if found  alias process_action_end_Adiktuz_bluemagic process_action_end  def process_action_end    $game_party.members.each do |actor|      if actor.new_blue_magic_skill_learned?        @log_window.display_learned_blue_magic(actor)        @log_window.clear      end    end    process_action_end_Adiktuz_bluemagic # alias  end   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # alias : use_item  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias use_item_Adiktuz_bluemagic use_item  def use_item    use_item_Adiktuz_bluemagic # alias            item = @subject.current_action.item if @subject.current_action    determine_blue_magic_learn_by_sight(@subject, item)  end # def   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : determine_blue_magic_learn_by_sight  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def determine_blue_magic_learn_by_sight(subject, item)    return unless subject    all_battle_members.each do |member|      if member.result.hit?        set_blue_magic_skill_to_learn_flags(item)        break      end # if    end # do  end # def      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : can_actor_learn?  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def can_actor_learn?(actor,item)    Adiktuz::Regexp::BLUE_MAGIC_LEARNING_TAG.each_pair do |index,value|        return true if actor.blue_magic_learning?(index,value) && item.object_tags.include?(Adiktuz::Regexp::BLUE_MAGIC_SKILLS_TAG[index])    end    return false  end   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : set_blue_magic_skill_to_learn_flags  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def set_blue_magic_skill_to_learn_flags(item)    $game_party.members.each do |actor|      if can_actor_learn?(actor,item)        if Adiktuz::BlueMagic::LEARN_BY_SIGHT[$Which] && blue_magic_learn_by_allies?(subject) then            actor.result.blue_magic_skill_to_learn = item.id        end      end # if    end # do  end # def      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # new method : blue_magic_learn_by_allies?  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def blue_magic_learn_by_allies?(subject)    if subject.actor?      return Adiktuz::BlueMagic::LEARN_BY_ALLIES[$Which]    else      return true    end  end # def end # class Scene_Battle

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is there any Script, Slip Damage, which is compatible with the Battle Symphony?
For most of them, if the enemy dies (just the enemy) by the effect of "Slip damage", the battle is fought. bug.

I tried the "victor eng" and the AdiktuzMiko.

leedragoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! First off, I love this script! Thank you for making it available to everyone.

Second, I have a problem. I'm not sure if I understand the Symphony tags correctly, however I'm assuming that this -should- work properly:

<target action>

immortal: target, true

move user: forward, 10, wait

stance: user, bomb

icon create: user, bomb, hand, 278

icon throw user: target, bomb, 20, 60, wait

icon delete: user, item

skill effect: whole

animation 79: target, wait

move user: origin

stance: user, idle </target action>This is a symphony tag for throwing bombs as an item. When I use it though, it damages twice. Like it's calling the original item damage and then calculating damage a second time through the tags. I would really only like it to calculate damage with the tag only. I did read through the thread to see if there was a similar problem, and I found a post a few pages back that had this problem. I tried his fix and it didn't work for me, so any advice would be welcomed.
The item effect is likely taking place in the whole action.

Just Change <target action> to <whole action>

and likewise with the closing tag. Let me know if that works!

Trilient

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The item effect is likely taking place in the whole action.

Just Change <target action> to <whole action>

and likewise with the closing tag. Let me know if that works!
Thanks! That actually worked, I can't believe I didn't try that myself.... Another quick question. Is there any way to remove the automatic icon that is generated above the users head? The tags already generate the bomb icon to be thrown, I'd like to remove the one that automatically appears above the users head. Only for the bomb item, not every item.

leedragoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sweet, glad to be of assistance.

The item pops up under the setup phase,

so you could override the default settings by doing a tag like this

<setup action>

move user: forward, wait

</setup action>

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

Hello to all.

I'm using (like everyone here), the Battle Symphony. With him I am using the "Yanfly Engine Ace - Death Common Events v1.01".

This script makes: "When an actor dies, a common event starts."
Unfortunately an error when the actor is removed occurs:

[script 'Window_BattleStatus' line 52: TypeError occured
no implicit conversion from nil to integer]

See the demo, it's very simple.
Have only 2 scripts:
- Yami Battle symphony
- YanFly - Death Common Event.

Could someone help me?

****** EDIT ******

the SAME problem occured with this scripts

Tsukihime - Effect: Banish (using in an actor)

=begin#============================================================================== ** Effect: Banish Author: Tsukihime Date: Oct 8, 2012------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ** Change log Oct 8, 2012   - initial release------------------------------------------------------------------------------    ** Terms of Use * Free to use in commercial/non-commercial projects * No real support. The script is provided as-is * Will do bug fixes, but no compatibility patches * Features may be requested but no guarantees, especially if it is non-trivial * Preserve this header------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ** Required -Effect Manager (http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/7395-effect-manager/)------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Adds a "Banish" effect to item/skill. The target battler is removed from battle.  Tag your item/skill with   <eff: banish x>    Where x is the chance of success as a float (eg: 0.1 = 10%) You can use the variables `user` to access the attacker's attributes, and the variable `self` to access the target's attributes#===============================================================================end$imported = {} if $imported.nil?$imported["Effect_Banish"] = true#==============================================================================# ** Rest of the script#==============================================================================module Effect  module Banish    Effect_Manager.register_effect:)banish)  endendclass Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase   def item_effect_banish(user, item, effect)    prob = eval(effect.value1[0]) rescue 1    if rand - prob < 0      @hidden = true      @result.effect_results.push("%s was banished from the battle!" %[self.name])      @result.success = true    end  endend
Kread-EX: Sneeze (using in an actor also)

#:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=#  ▼ Sneeze#  Author: Kread-EX#  Version 1.0#  Release date: 22/12/2011#:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:= #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  ▼ TERMS OF USAGE#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------# #  You are free to adapt this work to suit your needs.# #  You can use this work for commercial purposes if you like it.# #  Credit is appreciated.# ## # For support:# # grimoirecastle.wordpress.com# # OR# # rpgmakervxace.net# # OR# # rpgrevolution.com#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  ▼ INTRODUCTION#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------# # Those who played Final Fantasy VI probably remember Typhon/Chupon, and his# # infamous Sneeze. This skill kicks out a character from the party until the end# # of the battle.#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  ▼ INSTRUCTIONS#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------# # Sneeze is actually a state. You just need to put this inside the notebox:# #  <sneeze># # Don't forget to put the text which needs to be displayed once an ally is hit# # with it.#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  ▼ COMPATIBILITY# # Pointless with any script allowing to manage party during battle.# ## # List of aliases and overwrites:# ## # DataManager# # load_database (alias)# # load_sneeze_notetags (new method)# ## # BattleManager# # init_members (alias)# # process_defeat (alias)# # process_abort (alias)# # battle_end (alias)# # resotres_party (new method)# ## # Game_Temp# # used_sneeze (new attr method)# ## # RPG::State# # load_sneeze_notetags (new method)# # remove_at_battle_end (alias)# ## # Scene_Battle# # apply_item_effects (alias)#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------$imported = {} if $imported.nil?$imported['KRX-Sneeze'] = trueputs 'Load: Sneeze v1.0 by Kread-EX'module KRX        module REGEXP        SNEEZE_EFFECT = /<sneeze>/i    end    end#===========================================================================# ■ BattleManager#===========================================================================module BattleManager      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Alias listings    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    class << self        alias_method:)krx_sneeze_bm_init_members, :init_members)        alias_method:)krx_sneeze_bm_battle_end, :battle_end)        alias_method:)krx_sneeze_bm_process_defeat, :process_defeat)        alias_method:)krx_sneeze_bm_process_abort, :process_abort)    end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Initializes variables    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    def self.init_members        krx_sneeze_bm_init_members        @save_party = $game_party.all_members.dup    end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Loses the battle    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    def self.process_defeat        if $game_temp.used_sneeze            if @can_lose ||@can_escape                process_abort                return            end        end        krx_sneeze_bm_process_defeat    end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Aborts the battle    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    def self.process_abort        if $game_temp.used_sneeze            unless @can_lose ||@can_escape                restores_party                SceneManager.goto(Scene_Gameover)                return            end        end        krx_sneeze_bm_process_abort    end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Ends the battle    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    def self.battle_end(result)        restores_party if $game_temp.used_sneeze        $game_temp.used_sneeze = false        krx_sneeze_bm_battle_end(result)    end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Recreates the party    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    def self.restores_party        $game_party.all_members.each do |act|            $game_party.remove_actor(act.id)        end        @save_party.each_index do |i|            $game_party.add_actor(@save_party.id)        end    endend#===========================================================================# ■ DataManager#===========================================================================module DataManager      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Loads the database    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    class << self        alias_method:)krx_sneeze_dm_load_database, :load_database)    end    def self.load_database        krx_sneeze_dm_load_database        load_sneeze_notetags    end      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Loads the note tags    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    def self.load_sneeze_notetags        groups = [$data_states]        for group in groups            for obj in group                next if obj.nil?                obj.load_sneeze_notetags            end        end        puts "Read: Sneeze Notetags"    endend#==========================================================================#  ■  RPG::State#==========================================================================class RPG::State < RPG::BaseItem    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Public instance variables    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    attr_reader        :sneeze    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Loads the note tags    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    def load_sneeze_notetags        @note.split(/[\r\n]+/).each do |line|            case line            when  KRX::REGEXP::SNEEZE_EFFECT                @sneeze = true            end        end    end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Checks if removal at the end of battle    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    alias_method:)krx_sneeze_state_reb, :remove_at_battle_end)    def remove_at_battle_end        return true if @sneeze        return krx_sneeze_state_reb    endend#==========================================================================#  ■  Game_Temp#==========================================================================class Game_Temp        attr_accessor    :used_sneezeend#==========================================================================#  ■  Scene_Battle#==========================================================================class Scene_Battle < Scene_Base    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    # ● Applies the action effects    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    alias_method:)krx_sneeze_sb_aie, :apply_item_effects)    def apply_item_effects(target, item)        krx_sneeze_sb_aie(target, item)        if target.is_a?(Game_Actor)            target.states.each do |st|                if st.sneeze                    $game_party.remove_actor(target.id)                    $game_temp.used_sneeze = true                    break                end            end        end    endend
Project1.rar

Attachments

• Project1.rar
    323 bytes · Views: 3

Xanatoss

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi all,

I love this script, It has been very usefull for me to create good battles, but I was wondering if It is any posibility to do this:

When I fight against normal enemies I would like to use the Battle Symphony. Well, that's easy but I would like to deactivate the script in some battles, like Boss Fights so the battle is like the original VX Ace battle system. Is It possible?

Thank you all from before!

frrrosty

Spiteful Crow
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks so, so awesome.  I'm just starting my game and I'll be using this for sure.  Great work!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(
Check out my side project! It's a survival dungeon crawler! https://voidmoon-studio.itch.io/depths-of-delmora
RushLog wrote on HarlekinLehl's profile.
how do you attach those images to your posts?
I picked up FF III pixel remaster for the mobile discount sale. I guess that's on my plate after I finish Lunar Silver Star Story. That said, I am strongly considering an entry for the IGMC 2022 since an idea came to me for this year's theme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyyy