Battle Engine Symphony

Ivyna J. Spyder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having this odd problem...  When I use this along with the default Luna Engine base (no other scripts), it does this weird thing at the end of a battle where the player sprites vanish behind the top half of the battle background. Anyone have a similar issue or know how to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:

XPhater

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hey it worked! The one animation thing works for me if a skill doesnt have any other notetags. But if it does have notetags the <whole action> works to keep it as one animation. Thank you! ^_^
It's important to note that, if you are using <no cast ani> and putting the attack animation into Symphony Tags, you still need that animation assigned to the default database box.  Reason being, if the spell gets Reflected, it checks that box for the Reflect animation.  If you don't put the animation in there, no Reflect animation will display.

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have an issue, when one of my characters uses a skill that revives an ally, the character will move up as if about to make cast the skill but then nothing happens

Here's the notetage for the revival skill:

<whole action>

immortal: target, true

move user: forward, wait

pose: user, cast

stance: user, cast

</whole action>

<target action>

pose: user, 2h swing

stance: user, attack

icon create: user, item, hand, 194

icon throw user: target, item, 16, 24, wait

icon delete: user, item

animation 119: target

ani wait: 20

skill effect: effect

wait for animation

immortal: target, false

</target action>

XPhater

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Well for starters, try renaming your item to something generic, like "thingie" or "potion" or whatnot.  Calling it "item" may be confusing Symphony.

Set a distance for move user: forward, 20, wait, for example

You probably don't need to set Immortal for heals and revives, so you can take that out.  All that does is prevent character collapse when a multihit skill isn't completed yet.

Pose and stance, in my experience, are redundant.  I only type in stance.  I don't know why it even has multiple names for the same stuff, I guess you pick the one you like.  I don't see the need for having both, but maybe I'm missing something.

You have skill effect: effect, try skill effect: whole

Lastly, don't forget follow and finish actions.  For reference, here's what I have, note that this is my entire Revive sequence though.

<cast ani: 81>

<finish action>
stance: user, retreat
stance: target, retreat
move user: origin
move target: origin
wait for move
stance: user, break
stance: target, break
</finish action>

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! Your notetag worked! ^_^

tiagoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
What has changed in the script? because on GitHub, it is different. Divided ... did not understand.

Faroghys

Dreaming Mind
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hey, I might just be stupid, but I can't seem to find way to find the script (in a form I suppose it to be). This topic's front page's link doesn't work and I can't seem to find the script in a usual form from suppayami's github. Yeah, I am able to download the zip but how do I add all that stuff as script to the script editor? Or is there other way to get the script than as a zip?

EDIT: Or do I have to download all of those add-on, build, src etc. (the scripts inside those) separately? Is the order of them then as they are displayed in the github?

Edit2: Okay, I downloaded them separately and it doesn't work. Game_battler makes some errors. :/

The Pascuzzi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yami and anyone else who can help me. :) I think I found a bug in the script.  I don't know if it's because of how I have my scripts or skills set up, but when magic is reflected it uses the reflect's subject's MATK instead of the user's MATK.

To clarify:

Hero has high MAT, enemy has low MAT. Hero has reflect state, enemy bounces magic off hero, hits an enemy and does pretty heavy damage, much more than it would have normally.

Thanks for any guidance anyone can offer me.
I'm pretty sure that's how Ace normally handles Reflect. It has nothing to do with symphony.
Actually, I remember testing how reflect works by default about a month ago, to confirm I tested it again.  The default behavior uses the caster's stats, Symphony's behavior uses the reflector's stats.
Can confirm this is still the case in 1.16e.

Test 1:

- I set a fire spell to deal a.mat hp damage with 0 variance and no critical

- took one actor with a MAT of 10 at level 1

- gave him the magic reflect skill

- took him into battle test against three wisps, each with MAT at 18

- scripts used: Battle Symphony 1.16e, Holder's Battlers Add-on

- results: reflected spells dealt 10 hp damage to the casting wisp.

Test 2:

- same conditions as test 1, except deleted Battle Symphony and Holder's Battlers, then saved

- results: reflected spells dealt 18 hp damage to the casting wisp.

Has a workaround ever been made for this? I'd really prefer a true spell reflection for my project.

jknightandkarr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is this engine still available? When I click the Symphony Script link I just get an error message. I'd like to use it. Thanks

Joe

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you go to the opening post of this thread and look at Yami's signature, you will see in large orange text, underlined, the link you should now use.  It says something like 'go here for scripts'.

Torqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to make sprites play faster? complete the row cycle faster? Also having more frames?

And my battler disappears when it dies.

XPhater

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to make sprites play faster? complete the row cycle faster? Also having more frames?

And my battler disappears when it dies.
In the Holders Battler addon, look for this part:

#==============================================================================# ■ Direction - Advanced Configuration#==============================================================================module Direction #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # self.index_hb #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.index_hb(pose) case pose # array = [row, frames] # frames is optional, default is 15 when :idle array = [0, 12] when :struck array = [3, 10] when :woozy array = [2, 12]The first value is the row on the sheet.  The second value is how many frames that row needs to complete one cycle.

By "having more frames", if you mean more than 4 frames per row, I don't think so.  If you mean having sheets with more rows, that is possible, by adding more stances to the above section of code, but then you will also have to resize all of your battler sheets accordingly (find how tall each row is and add that many more rows of that size).

For characters vanishing when they are down, simply put something into the dead row.

Torqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the Holders Battler addon, look for this part:

#==============================================================================# ■ Direction - Advanced Configuration#==============================================================================module Direction #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # self.index_hb #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def self.index_hb(pose) case pose # array = [row, frames] # frames is optional, default is 15 when :idle array = [0, 12] when :struck array = [3, 10] when :woozy array = [2, 12]The first value is the row on the sheet.  The second value is how many frames that row needs to complete one cycle.

By "having more frames", if you mean more than 4 frames per row, I don't think so.  If you mean having sheets with more rows, that is possible, by adding more stances to the above section of code, but then you will also have to resize all of your battler sheets accordingly (find how tall each row is and add that many more rows of that size).

For characters vanishing when they are down, simply put something into the dead row.
I tested in a fresh project only with Symphony and Holder Addon.

This is the spritesheet I made:

(ignore last row, I know it isn't used)

As you can see row 12 is the dead creature. Maybe I'm missing a tag? I'm just adding <holders battler: Zparasprite>

And about the frame speed, it doesn't change no matter what I change there, I already tried that. The only thing that changes is the first frame to the second, but not the rest (2 to 3,  3 to 4, 4 to 1, 1 to 2) they are the same speed as before.

It's okay if adding more frames isn't possible. This script is already amazing as it is.

XPhater

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
In the Enemys tab, select that enemy, then go to Features in the upper right corner, select Collapse Effect: Not Disappear

Torqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the Enemys tab, select that enemy, then go to Features in the upper right corner, select Collapse Effect: Not Disappear
Wow thank you, never thought the solution would be there.

Any ideas on why the frame speed isn't working? I'll try testing more and googling.

XPhater

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Wow thank you, never thought the solution would be there.

Any ideas on why the frame speed isn't working? I'll try testing more and googling.
Hmm no idea, i've not messed with that part much.  That is an interesting observation though.

I'll maybe do some tests on it later but I've not the slightest idea how to fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.
Amazing. I had seen it more than 10 years ago, but seeing Monster this year was an incredible experience. It was certainly one of the best endings I've ever seen in anime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NazoBreeze