Battle Engine Symphony

Torqus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm no idea, i've not messed with that part much.  That is an interesting observation though.

I'll maybe do some tests on it later but I've not the slightest idea how to fix it.
Okay, don't worry too much about it. Thanks for the help!

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
It seems that when you use if rand(x) for actions inside the skill notetags, all actions after that gets messed up.

Eg: 

<target action>
immortal: targets, true
pose: user, forward
move user: target, body, wait
auto symphony: single swing
auto symphony: attack full
if user.level >= 15

if rand(6) >= 3
wait: 10
auto symphony: single swing
auto symphony: attack full
end

end
< target action>

sometimes animations dont play, or it gets ignored, attack two times with no animations, all that weird stuff.

any way to avoid this or rand is not supported?

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hm, I've been using rand() without any issues.

I don't see any actions after your first/inner "end". What animations aren't playing? Not to ask a silly question, but is it the 2 auto symphony tags after the "wait: 10" that aren't playing? If so, they may not be playing because rand() is picking a number less than 3...

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
These 2 conditions must be met.

Level >= 15

Rand >= 3

If i use level only, it works fine, animations get played, I can see my character moving, swingin his sword, all beautiful.

If I use level and rand(), even when I get >= 3 then tags get screwed, character pose doesnt change, no sword swing sometimes(sometimes it plays), its weird but I can still see the second damage working.

Last edited by a moderator:

agm1393

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi!

Is it possible to change battler's sprite when you enter a battle? I would like to have vx version for the map and xp version for battle.

Thanks!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you use Holder's battler add-on you can set the battler sprite to whatever you like.

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone. I noticed that the counter attack state works when a party member activates it but will only counter attack basic default enemy attacks. I Was wondering if there was a way to have it set so that counter attack will work against all physical attacks.

Also, when an enemy has the counterattack state and is hit by a physical attack, that enemy just takes the damage and doesn't nullify it not counter it. Any suggestions? Thank you :)

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hey everyone. I noticed that the counter attack state works when a party member activates it but will only counter attack basic default enemy attacks. I Was wondering if there was a way to have it set so that counter attack will work against all physical attacks.

Also, when an enemy has the counterattack state and is hit by a physical attack, that enemy just takes the damage and doesn't nullify it not counter it. Any suggestions? Thank you :)
My counter works fine, the .b battler not only counters it but also nullify the damage, very op.

About the counter skill try this http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=nngAvumw

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My counter works fine, the .b battler not only counters it but also nullify the damage, very op.

About the counter skill try this http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=nngAvumw
Thank you very much, do you know if this can be used commercially?

EDIT:

Ok so the main issue at hand is that actors and battlers only counter the basic default attack. Any skills that I set as Physical still do not get countered. Any suggestions? 

I removed the symphony notetags from one skill and it then was able to be countered, once I readded them the counter doesnt work for that move anymore. 

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Well, to make a skill counterable(?) you need to have a tag when it executes, i think it something like skill effect: counter check

JAD94

The lunar knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes thank you I gave a look at yamis guide and finally figured it out. But thank you :)

W0lfMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone. Wow I am just blown away by this script. I am a video game art major at FullSail University and a FF7 modder of the most elite froup of FF7 modders. A game design major and I have decided to create an rpg using RPG MakerVX ACE. So far we love it. And this script is amazing. But I need help on a very simple road block. I have seen this question asked a million times all over the web and still no answer. I have ripped google apart and found nothing. I am wanting to have my party not walk in place while in idle. I know this can be done. I have seen it before. I have read every page of this forum and not found the answer. If I missed it I apologize. PLEASE HELP! Thank you so much!

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am not sure how many people who are spending more time with Symphony are really using the basic characters as battlers. There are two add-ons for Symphony that are adding support for Kaduki and Holder Style Battlers and there you can define the poses for Idle/Ready.

I had a quick look over the script to see if I find the spot where the "stepping" of the characters is turned on, but the script is long and I am also not so fluent in Ruby, but I don't think that static battlers is what you want to have on the battle screen.

W0lfMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am not sure how many people who are spending more time with Symphony are really using the basic characters as battlers. There are two add-ons for Symphony that are adding support for Kaduki and Holder Style Battlers and there you can define the poses for Idle/Ready.

I had a quick look over the script to see if I find the spot where the "stepping" of the characters is turned on, but the script is long and I am also not so fluent in Ruby, but I don't think that static battlers is what you want to have on the battle screen.
I don't see anything either but I really want to find this. I actually want them static while idle. The walking in place just looks silly. lol. I will work on a idle sprite later. Does anyone else have an idea?!?!

whereisff

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
just one question, can you make the archer shoot a bow?.

or have the wizard use like a magic missile as a basic attack?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just one question, can you make the archer shoot a bow?.

or have the wizard use like a magic missile as a basic attack?
Yes, it can be done, but you need to create the action sequences for it yourself.
The original website contained a manual on how to do that for Symphony, that manual should still be available somewhere.

If you don't know what action sequences are - the current video's for MV plugin showcase them, but the commands for Battle Symphony are different than the commands for Yanfly's Engine P.

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
You can even make throwing icon animations!

I did a fireball spell based on Icon, prep animation, throw icon, animation plays when enemy is hit, its great!

Theres a lot of room for improvements in Symphony, but I dont think it will ever get updated again since MV is coming and its better than VXA in every possible way.

W0lfMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Everytime this question about walking in place is asked, there is no response. For the most part. I thank Felsenstern for at least acknowledging the existence of the question. But seriously guys, as soon as someone else asks a question everyone perks up. Is there no answer to the problem I have??? Please help. I know someone has the solution.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If there is no answer in this community, it usually means that the people here don't know the answer, because the community is extremely helpfull.

I even agree that it should be possible - but since no one knows the answer, walking in place most likely can't be done by the action sequences (which are triggered only when the actor or enemy does something), but has to be created by the script itself.
And editing Symphony is not something that even an average scripter can do. Symphony is simply too big as that someone could just give it a short look to find a solution.

Analysing Symphony to a point where you can modify it is something that will need a few weeks of work from anyone but the original scripter.
And all people in this community have limited free time to spent on other people projects, so you either have to wait until one of the scripters is interested enough in the solution to put in those hours (perhaps to use it in his own game), or to offer a trade that would make that time spend worthwhile for the scripter.

Sorry, but not everything that looks easy is easy in scripting, and changing a script as complex as Symphony is almost impossible for anyone but the original scripter.

W0lfMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They walk in place already and I am wanting to turn that off so they dont move. But THANK YOU sooooo much for putting some clarity to my issue. I hope someone figures it out though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4cheetos201v2