Kayomia

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I cannot get Yami Battle Symphony to be compatible with Yanfly's Party System,
unless I leave the max amount at 5, but I need it at twelve.
I know that seems like a lot, and it is, but I need it.
I wouldn't call myself a beginner at Ruby,
but I'm far from an expert, so is there anything I could do?
here is a link if you need it: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/party-system/

kevin olsen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
norwegan
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just a Quick question How do you use the “tags” to create a jump Like skill?? And or teleport skill WITH same function as a jump skill Like go off screen 1 turn and return WITH a devestating attack.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@kevin olsen For your first question, i.e. a jump, I made this tag in my last project:

<target action>
move user: forward, 6
stance: user, magic
Jump Arc 5 user: target, center
stance: user, magic
animation 119: target, wait
skill effect: whole
move user: origin
stance: user, idle
</target action>

You need to adjust the "5" to make the jump the height you want. My choice of stance ("magic") is because that one had the sprite doing a somersault. You will have to pick whichever pose is appropriate to you. Also change the animation ID to the one you want to use.

I have no idea about your second question, I've never tried to do it.

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it were in the same turn, teleport would be very easy to implement. In the battle symphony manual, I believe there's a section called visual effects that allows you to show/hide a target (e.g., a character). You could play an animation first to show a teleport effect, then hide the character, wait a bit, then cause the character to reappear and attack. I've never tried anything that spanned multiple turns, though. I'm not sure there's a way to do that.

kevin olsen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
norwegan
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
now i have a new issue after i created said skill whenever i play even with characters without the skill the end pose will happen twice as well as the xp and gold recieved and the game closes itself

kevin olsen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
norwegan
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
and when i removed the tags the bug was gone but a issue with this self.sprite.correct_change_pose if SceneManager.scene.spriteset shows up occasionally too

kevin olsen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
norwegan
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The Guard animation for the Holder battler (High fantasy characters) does not work they use the spell animation instead or rather the Hit type (Certain hit, physical, magical) but it should guard wtf

RedAntInfinity

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Anyone know how to Disable The Walking Animation (When the Actor's Turn is Complete)

Mawichan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Afaik, there is no battle camera addon for zooming purpose in battle symphony.
Huh, even by now there's still no camera addon for Symphony. That would have been awesome.
OC's battle camera doesn't work all that well with Symphony. The position of the sprites is all messed up.
I wish there was an add-on for Symphony that worked like the one in your TSBS script.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Huh, even by now there's still no camera addon for Symphony. That would have been awesome.
OC's battle camera doesn't work all that well with Symphony. The position of the sprites is all messed up.
I wish there was an add-on for Symphony that worked like the one in your TSBS script.
Let me tell you something. From my battle system version 1.3 to 1.4 was almost a massive rewrite to ensure the battle camera can come as an addon. In short, the battle camera isn't something that could take it for granted, not in RGSS engine at least. Even I forgot how I did that.

Mawichan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Let me tell you something. From my battle system version 1.3 to 1.4 was almost a massive rewrite to ensure the battle camera can come as an addon. In short, the battle camera isn't something that could take it for granted, not in RGSS engine at least. Even I forgot how I did that.
Oh I can only imagine. You're the one who knows his stuff here. (By the way, your whole TSBS is mind-blowing!) I guess I was making it sound like it's something simple or that anyone could do. I'm sorry, I can tell it's not. the few ones I have seen are all pretty long and complex, and look totally different from one another. I'm just surprised that apparently no one has given it a try for this one, given that Symphony is very popular, it's been around for several years and has many other add-ons. But that's the same reason I'm not really expecting anyone to actually do it any time soon. A lot of people have moved on to other things.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
is it possible to add more than one position depending on what room your in? kind of like ff7

djbeardo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know of a way to change the battler sprite mid-battle? Like, I have a boss that has an elemental shift mid-battle and I'd like him to turn from his red (fire element) sprite to his blue (water element sprite, which is just a blue palette swap) mid battle. I've tried a few different ways to do it but can't get it to work. One was going into the RTP and changing the battler hue setting via a common event script call. And then one was changing the battler graphic in the troop setting. Both of those strategies work on a plain battle, but not in battle symphony.

kevin olsen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
norwegan
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does anyone know of a way to change the battler sprite mid-battle? Like, I have a boss that has an elemental shift mid-battle and I'd like him to turn from his red (fire element) sprite to his blue (water element sprite, which is just a blue palette swap) mid battle. I've tried a few different ways to do it but can't get it to work. One was going into the RTP and changing the battler hue setting via a common event script call. And then one was changing the battler graphic in the troop setting. Both of those strategies work on a plain battle, but not in battle symphony.
Transformation should work don’t Remember where it was, In the battle event Settings i Think

Chuck4688

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi. Sorry for necroposting. I just want to know where to find 8D character spritesheets like the used in this script (as seen in the demo).
Thanks in advance.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Chuck4688 As far as I am aware, there are no 8D sprites with this script - at least, my copy doesn't have it.

Also, this is not the place to ask for sprites. Please make a thread in Resource Requests. If you could do a screen shot of the sprites in action so that people can see more easily what you are referring to, that would help.

Chuck4688

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Chuck4688 As far as I am aware, there are no 8D sprites with this script - at least, my copy doesn't have it.

Also, this is not the place to ask for sprites. Please make a thread in Resource Requests. If you could do a screen shot of the sprites in action so that people can see more easily what you are referring to, that would help.
Sorry about this. I will do as you suggest. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3 followed by Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
I have at least three ongoing projects and I have no idea what to do with them.

Gotta love game dev.
I keep seeing the 'file tear' icon when I'm on some post that has images. I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the post, based on the replies I see.
Me: anime is okay. There are a couple good ones and a lot of really bad ones but the good are worth it. Brother: if you bring anime anywhere near me I'll break your nico nico kneecaps
Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howzarion01