tpgrish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi

I am using Battle Engine Symphony, and would like to know, is there a mouse script that works well with this battle script, in terms of selecting menu commands in battle, as well as choosing an enemy target?

Thanks

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi

I am using Battle Engine Symphony, and would like to know, is there a mouse script that works well with this battle script, in terms of selecting menu commands in battle, as well as choosing an enemy target?

Thanks
Battle Symphony should not affect any of those things. It is mainly just a visual system. (Does not include windows / target selecting / command selecting) Whatever mouse script you use should work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm very confused now. Or perhaps we're not understanding each other. The regular battle engine (as well as most other custom battle engines) do NOT allow you to select between characters during battle. Which is perfect, because I don't want that anyway. However, when I plop "Battle Engine Symphony" into my game, suddenly pressing the left or right arrows selects between characters. I don't want this, and it seems to come from Battle Engine Symphony. So I was wondering how to disable that aspect. I hope that was more clear. If what you're saying is that Battle Engine Symphony does not cause that "character selection" thing to happen... you must be wrong because that only occurs when I have the Battle Engine Symphony script in the game.
Are you SURE that's the case? Are you sure it's not just conflicting with another script? Because nowhere in Symphony does it use left/right handlers aside from pose directions, and the only class used that runs under Windows_Selectable is Window_BattleLog.

Can you give a list of all other custom scripts in your project?

Edit: Derp should have multi-quoted

tpgrish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Battle Symphony should not affect any of those things. It is mainly just a visual system. (Does not include windows / target selecting / command selecting) Whatever mouse script you use should work fine.
Thanks for the response. I figured out what the problem was. An add-on for battle symphony (the one that adds portraits to combat) gets rid of the 'list of enemies', so you have to target enemies by highlighting them. My mouse cursor script does not work with the add-on, it cannot highlight enemies. I deleted the add-ons, keeping the core symphony script. This brings back the list of enemies, which the mouse can select.

It is a shame to lose the portraits in battles, and the other benefits, but I still keep the core battle engine this way, and mouse support. Is there a mouse script that works with the add-on script which makes you highlight enemies?

I do not remember what the script name was because I deleted it, but I believe it was a suggested script add-on with battle symphony.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To anyone who reads this:

Is there a way to write an autosymphony or something that will use an actor's weapon tags?  I'd like to change the default autosymphony counter so that it uses any detected weapon tags that the actor subject may have, instead of just the "single swing + skill effect: whole".  My project uses 12 different weapon types each with their own unique tag animations, so it's not like I can shove all 12 with conditions into the Attack skill JUST for counter-compatibility.  (or maybe? But it would be a lot of time to figure out and what if I run out of notebox space...)

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I found a weird behavior at symphony:

When i set a skill hit type to "Magical attack" the user does one attack before the custom symphony tags are called. So there's no way to make a custom magical skill without one attack being made before all the custom movements.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a weird behavior at symphony:

When i set a skill hit type to "Magical attack" the user does one attack before the custom symphony tags are called. So there's no way to make a custom magical skill without one attack being made before all the custom movements.
Have you looked at how your default AutoSymphony for Magical Attacks are set up?  Should be around line 149. Also, what action type subject are you using for your custom animation? (setup, whole, target, etc.)  Custom animations for weapons/skills should generally be used as Target Action

Nosleinad

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Default magic or certain hit (that first hit happens with certain hit as well)  actions should only be used if i don't customize my skills with symphony tags, as stated in the script comment beggining at line 142: 

#========================================================================== # Default Magic Actions # ------------------------------------------------------------------------- # These are the default magic actions for all Magic Skills as well as Certain # hit Skills. Battlers will play these actions when use a Magic/Certain Hit # Skill unless You customize it with Symphony Tags. #========================================================================== For my skill, i am indeed using target action. The problem is "solved" if i set my skill to be a physical attack. What i am almost sure that's happening is that magical and certain attacks are using the default actions before my custom tags, and it should not be happening at all.

rockyx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
nvm you just have to use the hand command...

randomuser1234

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I have a question, I've tried many things but none seems to work: using symphony, when we want a skill to inflict a state, it only works with tags? 
I tried to make a skill inflict states the default way and it doesn't work, only works with tags. however with tags it seems not possible to make the state only be inflicted with , let's say, 25% chance.

Can anyone help me? 

edit: The states work fine if I don't use any tags in the skill. it's when I use some tags (tom make the char jump and stuff) that the states are not applied

MultipedMoss595

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
I have a question

In the Tankentai battle system after actor A slects a magic spell and you are selecting an action for actor B, Actor A starts showing an animation(it looks like it is charging the spell)

My question how can i set that up in symphony? I have it set up to use a cast animation once the attacks start, but I would like to have the actors showing something when I am selecting the other actors moves.

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I seem to recall previously finding some information regarding using a non-standard amount of frames and sprite sizes for the visual battlers add-on, via 8D battlers and symphony tags. However, I cannot seem to find this information since my most recent work on one of my projects.

Is it possible to use more than the standard sheet of animations for 8D/Kaduki battlers with the add-on to this script, and is it possible to use battlers with a non-standard sprite size?

Even without this, I still love this script. Especially due to the fact that you can custom-make your own animations for everything via symphony tags. While there are other great side-view battle engine scripts out there, I don't know of any others that allow for that level of customization.

MultipedMoss595

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to solve my previous issue? (two posts above.) I have read the manual, tutorials, I have tried googling, and just messing with the system myself but I can not for the life of me figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Ellpeck

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey! Great script, but I get an error and I don't know if it's my fault. When I test the battle in the Troops-Editor everything works fine, but if I do it ingame I get the error: "Script 'Battle Symphony' line 3065: ArgumentError orrcurred. comparsion of NilClass with 0 failed"

Any help?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! Great script, but I get an error and I don't know if it's my fault. When I test the battle in the Troops-Editor everything works fine, but if I do it ingame I get the error: "Script 'Battle Symphony' line 3065: ArgumentError orrcurred. comparsion of NilClass with 0 failed"

Any help?
Did you test with a new game or did you load a saved game?

Part of the scripts are saved with the game, and if you change the scripts and then load a saved game from before the changes, you'll usually get incomplete or corrupted data in the scripts.

Or it could be an incompatibility - please list links to all scripts you've in your project, or disable them one-by-one until the error is gone.

Ellpeck

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Did you test with a new game or did you load a saved game?

Part of the scripts are saved with the game, and if you change the scripts and then load a saved game from before the changes, you'll usually get incomplete or corrupted data in the scripts.

Or it could be an incompatibility - please list links to all scripts you've in your project, or disable them one-by-one until the error is gone.
Oh, I didn't even think of the save thing... it works now, thanks.

And sorry =P

Ellpeck

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey, I have another problem: In the Video it shows damage dealt and healing.

But when I use this script (together with the Yanfly Battle Script) it only shows me the damage dealt and not the amount of HP healed.

I didn't find it anywhere in the script configs... 

randomuser1234

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
hey. I have a little problem with symphony. thing is:

let's say I have a weapon with a 100% chance of inflicting Bleed State (the 100% chance is just to make sure it should be working). When I use a skill with tags (with that weapon equiped) , the state is never inflicted. even if in the skill I have the tag "skill effect: whole". 

I tried this in a blank project. However when I use a simple skill without tags, it works just fine. Can someone help me?

Oriceles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This must be something simple...

my game is crashing after battle saying:

line 1906:NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'dispose' for NilClass.

I have my game set to "BATTLER_SHADOW = false", when set to true there is no problem, but I really don't want the shadows .-.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Happy treason day, Colonial friends <3

I am officially amused. One of the NPCs in my project is basically meant as the guy you check in with to point you where you should go next, including if you’ve been away for a bit and have forgotten.

I can conclusively say he does his job nicely. I was out of town over the weekend. I had forgotten what I was working on, so I checked what I had last done with him for a reminder. ^.^
While talking about anime with a friend got the idea of doing this. :kaopride:
4m6nhlF.jpg

Character: Mirajane Strauss from Fairy Tail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forkliftbatterytypes