Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This must be something simple...

my game is crashing after battle saying:

line 1906:NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'dispose' for NilClass.

I have my game set to "BATTLER_SHADOW = false", when set to true there is no problem, but I really don't want the shadows .-.
Are you using any other custom scripts? (Especially ones relating to other types of battle animations)

You might also want to provide a screenshot of the error itself.

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So a couple of people have asked about the characters showing walking animations when idle, and I never saw a response. Any chance someone figured this out? I'd really like the actors to just stand there until given a command.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way to change it so that the actors "lay down" when they die rather than disappearing.

Thanks for any help!

Slasherzeta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question in regards to the in battle graphics (Holder Battlers specifically). Is there anyway to change which sheet is used via what piece of equipment a character has equipped, or possibly through other things of that nature? Say I have two sprite sheets for character X, one with a Sword, one with an Axe, is there anyway to set it up so that when the character has an Axe equipped its the Axe sheet, whilst if a sword is equipped, it's the Sword sheet? 

sartha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
I've run into a problem with this script... I can't apply the Death state to an enemy anymore.

I removed all scripts except Battle Engine Symphony and the problem persists. Basically I cast a spell that simply Adds State (Death) 100%... the target gets "knocked back" a little and then continues fighting as though nothing happened. I've tried numberous times with different methods, nothing works short of reducing the enemy's hit points to 0. When I have Ace Battle Engine I don't even see the "+Death" state notification which tells me the state isn't being applied. I've double and triple checked my spell and haven't modified the default Death state that comes with the game. I tried setting the spell as Certain Hit and then I tried as Magic Attack, there was no difference.

I am running version 1.16 and the only modification I made to it was the Actors_Position to spread them out a bit...

I hope that's enough information to track down this bug.

Edit: More info... Auto_Immortal_Off = true, furthermore I am not specifying the actor actions in the notes, in fact the notes for the spell is empty so it should be using the default provided with the script.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaZzi

My Peculiar Brother
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Does your death state have icon? I had this one weird problem with states that was fixed when I added icon to a state. The state did not apply without the icon.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

sartha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
As I mentioned in my post, I haven't modified the Death state at all, it's still as it is when you start a new project. When I remove Battle Engine Symphony, it works fine.

monkeyintartan

TartanMonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hi guys I have ecountered a problem,

I have copied and pasted the "jumpin" skill from the battle symphony demo in to my project.

When the character deals damage the word NULL comes u aswell, I tried deleting all the scripts accept the battle ones and it still happens. I then tried starting a new project with only the battle scripts that I had left and the problem went,

So I am thinking it must be something I have done in the data base. Anyone got any ideas??

sartha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
I found out the problem with my issue with the application of Death state.

This script makes all enemies invincible for a short period of time (so that the combat animations can happen seamlessly in the case of multi-hit animations) however that temporary invincibility causes the target to be immune to the application of the Death state. By commenting out the Invincible part of the script I solved my issue. This is just a quick workaround though and it messes with the seamlessness of multi-hit animations but at least now my death spells and the like are useful again.

leedragoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found out the problem with my issue with the application of Death state.

This script makes all enemies invincible for a short period of time (so that the combat animations can happen seamlessly in the case of multi-hit animations) however that temporary invincibility causes the target to be immune to the application of the Death state. By commenting out the Invincible part of the script I solved my issue. This is just a quick workaround though and it messes with the seamlessness of multi-hit animations but at least now my death spells and the like are useful again.
I'm not sure if I am correct, but I think you should be able to use the symphony tag to set immortal to false for the skill that inflicts death state. I can give that a try when I get home tonight and let you know if it works.

sartha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
I'm still getting to know the tag system actually, but I think you might be right ^.^;; I'm a slow learner for scripts and the documentation on this combat system is quite a bit vague from my perspective but it's the only one I've been able to make work (albeit not along side certain scripts I wish I could have...)

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Yami and Yanfly, I as wondering if you guys were planning on making more addons to your battle engine. Specifically ones like:

[SIZE=18pt]Tankentai SBS[/SIZE]

Now I've already read on your site about this system and I'm not asking to you remake it. The only things I'm asking is if you could create a union skill and cut-in sequence addons for the Battle Engine Symphony that were in the Tankentai SBS system. While I'm not a scripter, I'm fairly sure with the current system you have set up, it should be relitively simple to pull off.

If these already exist then for the love of god point me to them! I've been hunting the freaking net and found jack crap!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
DoubleX made a union skill add-on for Symphony as for cut-in, I think I already saw a script for that too (non-takentai ofc)

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DoubleX made a union skill add-on for Symphony as for cut-in, I think I already saw a script for that too (non-takentai ofc)
Can you point me to them? Becuase I can't find them. Links perhaps?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
try searching the forums for DoubleX or Unison (or was it Union?)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If google is god, then he sure as hell isn't a mericful one becuase I can't find crap.
Google is usually bad in finding results from small communities like this one - that's why I usually suggest using this forum's search engine, not google.
Just go to the advanced search options and search for content by the user DoubleX...

leedragoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm still getting to know the tag system actually, but I think you might be right ^.^;; I'm a slow learner for scripts and the documentation on this combat system is quite a bit vague from my perspective but it's the only one I've been able to make work (albeit not along side certain scripts I wish I could have...)
Okay, I did some testing. Looks like by default the immortal tag is set in the target actions for physical attacks and the setup actions for magic attacks.

For physical attacks use this, it will do all the default stuff and have immortal set to false allowing the death state,

<target action>

immortal: target, false

POSE: USER, FORWARD

STANCE: USER, FORWARD

MOVE USER: TARGET, BODY, WAIT

AUTO SYMPHONY: SINGLE SWING

AUTO SYMPHONY: SKILL FULL, unless attack

AUTO SYMPHONY: ATTACK FULL, if attack

</target action>

or you could move the default placement of the immortal flag in the code, but I think using the tag is just easier.

for magic attacks you should just be able to put

<whole action>

immortal: targets, false

AUTO SYMPHONY: SKILL FULL

</whole action>

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

ScreenShot_8_14_2022_11_55_51.png
FINALLY added the comic bubble to the Title Screen...
I know I'll put one of my game's sprites here to give the illusion that I am a productive member of game society.
handelspriteanim.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkmorve