deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Found a bug in the script, if you try to run and are sucessful when a monster is in the middle of attacking you, the battle screen will lock up and even though you should be back on the map you can't see it or do anything but close the game.

I should note I am using

YSA Battle System: Classical ATB
 -- Last Updated: 2012.01.30
 -- Level: Easy, Normal
 -- Requires: YEA - Ace Battle Engine v1.15+.

Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony
 -- Version: 1.16 (2014.01.20)
-- Level: Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard
 -- Requires: n/a

Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine v1.22
 -- Last Updated: 2012.03.04
-- Level: Normal, Hard
 -- Requires: n/a

Along with yanfly scripts and such.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yami has long ceased to support his ATB. So he won't be updating that one (and possibly not bugfix them either).

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's a bummer. Good luck getting that straightened out.

jknightandkarr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just tried the Bettle Engine Symphony and I love it. Deffinatly a good script and VERY nicely done I might add! Thanks!

Joe

Infact I've found a few of your scripts I've saved. Thanks.

lexietanium

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog :P
Primarily Uses
My blog has just been hacked so please get Battle Symphony from here before I create blog again: https://gist.github.com/suppayami/9220474
hey yami I tried using the updated version of your battle symphony *with battler add on* and the animation isn't working. The only animation that worked is the victory one. I went back to the older version 16 and it worked perfectly fine 

uchenna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering how can i get the bow animation to work without the character running up and hitting the enemy 

RaZzi

My Peculiar Brother
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I was wondering how can i get the bow animation to work without the character running up and hitting the enemy 
Check this thread more carefully. There are instructions here.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Glyxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hello! Just downloaded and tested the script. And i must say this is wonderful! I got frustrated to previous sideview battle script since it get's error all the time....

But, hey, i have couple question:

1. Is there option to that when battle comes, characters slides onto sreen, not just standing there already?

2. Is there option or something to get HP-loss numbers when attack?

3. And about the bow animation: the link doesn't work anymore, so any help with that?

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Is there option to that when battle comes, characters slides onto sreen, not just standing there already?

2. Is there option or something to get HP-loss numbers when attack?

3. And about the bow animation: the link doesn't work anymore, so any help with that?
1) As part of the default script, no.

2) That requires a damage popup script.

3) Yami currently lost access to her blog-thing so the pages don't work I think. Maybe someone else might have it raw and provide it to you.

uchenna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
there is a bow animation on page 4

Glyxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
@ kerbonkil. Okay, thanks for the reply.

@ uchenna. Ah, thank you! I didn't noticed that.. But hey.. Any ideas how to get it like that it actually shoot the arrow?

Well, that's enough for me it attacks from distance, but it would be awesome if it actually shoot the arrow. :D

uchenna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this line:icon create: user, arrow, hand, 528.

an icon's index can be viewed by going to the skill database and clicking the icon

Easy: change the 528 to 277 or any other icon

Hard: take out your icon set from Graphic/System and save it somewhere

duplicate it

look for an arrow.png on-line resize with gimp or photo-shop, it must be 24 pixels,

open up your icon set and add your arrow png to the icon set(drag it down to an empty space below other icons)

import it back to your Graphic/system

look for where the arrow.png  index number is (should be at 528) if not change 528 to that number. 

or just change 528 to any other icon index 

Glyxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Yay! Thank you again uchenna! ^^ Remember to credit you as helpers if my game never complete :) (I list all helpers, script creators etc. in memo)

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Here it is the full animation, but I must say, it's pretty ugly;

The best thing you do is to create your own bow animation after you learn how Symphony Tags works, and belive me, they are easy.

icon create: user, weapon - This will create the user(caster) weapon.
icon: user, weapon, angle, 45 - The icon angle will change 45° (user weapon)
user, weapon, cur_x 12 - This will make the icon(weapon) move 12 frames to ->  

wait: 4 - Whole animation skill will wait 4 frames till next step
icon create: user, arrow, hand, x - <- Arrow ID go here, here we will create the arrow Icon on top of the bow, and on the hand of the user

icon: user, arrow, rotate, 90, 24 - Arrow will rotate 90°, the 24 = rotation animation in frames
icon throw user: target, arrow, 16, 24, wait - Ok, here means that we will throw the user icon to the target, on a 16° arc in 24 frames , wait = wait this step to happen
icon delete: user, arrow - Here we delete the user icon(arrow, or else it would be stuck on the enemy xD)
attack animation: target, wait - That's the animation that you inserted for the bow(weapon) on the weapons page.
skill effect: whole - Here we have whole, which means that it will calculate dmg, effects and everything for the damage
icon delete: user, weapon - And finally we delete the user's bow

I don't know if everything is correct, is copied from Yami website so I think it is, anyway, I hope you learn how to make your own animations.

As I said, it's really simple.

Glyxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Yeah, i have changed the animation for myself, it's not that hard, as long as you concentrate to what you are doing. I remove that curving shot effect so it shoots straight forward, and the angle of bow and arrow. And also the speed of arrow. It's almost perfect  except that the angled bow looks little bad. But it's OK to me, though.

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
You can remove this tag icon: user, weapon, angle, 45 to remove the bow's angle change or change to another number to fit the bow angle.

Glyxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
You can remove this tag icon: user, weapon, angle, 45 to remove the bow's angle change or change to another number to fit the bow angle.
Yeah i know, but it looks little stupid, if bow is pointing in the sky and arrow goes forward. So i have rotated the bow pointing forward too.

Btw, is there tag which stops players walking animation while shooting or whenever attacking?

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Yeah i know, but it looks little stupid, if bow is pointing in the sky and arrow goes forward. So i have rotated the bow pointing forward too.

Btw, is there tag which stops players walking animation while shooting or whenever attacking?
If you don't add any of these tags or auto symphony commands, then the user will not move. 

move main: tune1, tune2, wait

This will move main to a specific location.

main: Moving Subject. Refer to Target Typing.

tune1: Specific Location

- forward, x: Move forward for x pixel.

- backward, x: Move backward for x pixel.

- origin: Move to original location.

- target, tune3: Move to target’s location. tune3 is position on target’s body: foot, body, center, head, back

tune2 (optional): Total Frames. Use to define moving speed.

wait (optional): Type wait here to wait until effect’s done before going on.

Glyxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hm? I don't get it. So if there is wait tags, player will move? But there needs to be couple waits, so it isn't working too fast. Anyway, i tried without waitings and it didn't worked. What i'm doing wrong? (Or if you want, you can add the whole bow animation with stops here, so i can figure it out how it works.)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!
Pirate portrait quickie :LZYcheeze:
pirate.png
My game has a (much needed) tutorial now...
Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightTenko