Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
MZ comes with a plugin that allows players to change equipment during battle, but this is not compatible with Visustella's battlecore plugin. It gives me an error that says "something is not a function". If I use it in a new project, then it works just fine. Is there any way to make it work, or do I need to contact Visustella directly and ask for a compatibility patch?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you post a screenshot of the Console tab that shows the error?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz Here you go.
Untitled.jpg

Code:
rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: this[_0x68823a(...)] is not a function
    at Scene_Battle.Scene_MenuBase.mainAreaHeight (VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine.js:6319)
    at Scene_Battle.equipStatusWindowRect (ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ.js:139)
    at Scene_Battle.createEquipStatusWindow (ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ.js:129)
    at Scene_Battle.createAllWindows (ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ.js:123)
    at Scene_Battle.createDisplayObjects (rmmz_scenes.js:3114)
    at Scene_Battle.createDisplayObjects (NRP_VisualTurn.js:625)
    at Scene_Battle.create (rmmz_scenes.js:2948)
    at Scene_Battle.create (MPP_EncounterEffect.js:1708)
    at Function.SceneManager.changeScene (rmmz_managers.js:2084)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rmmz_managers.js:2056)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you try changing the order of the plugins?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shaz Yes. Tried to put it on top. Still got the same error.

cthmpsn91

Resident Goofball
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Since it is a compatibility issue; I would probably try to reach out to Team Visustella and request support or if compatability is a possibility -- they have been extremely helpful whenever I needed to contact them.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sent an email, explained the problem, and asked if they can make a compatibility patch, and they referred me to the troubleshooting guide. Which I already went through... I replied by asking if they can help me fix it or not. Not looking good...

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
VisuStella is not personally looking into compatibility issues with other plugins, but you may find some help on our Discord server from other users.

I think it's safe to say that if we have any compatibility issues, don't count on VS to help.

Welp. Any programmers out there willing to help me? XD

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's safe to say that if we have any compatibility issues, don't count on VS to help.

Welp. Any programmers out there willing to help me? XD
I think you would have to be the plugin's creator seeking a compatibility patch in order to get some help. I don't think they want to deal with third parties if they can avoid it.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bump. I'll try to contact the plugin creator in the Japanese forum. But given how VS's plugins are, is it possible to make any compatibility patch at all?

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I honestly don't know. I certainly hope so.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I already posted on the Japanese forum. No response from the creator yet, even though he's active over there. It's not the end of the world. I have a good workaround. But the plugin is just more convenient, that's all.

But yeah, I can totally see why some people would be frustrated with VS doing this, lol. =w=

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error doesn't happen because of Visustella's BattleCore plugin, it's happening in the Visustella's Core plugin.
It seems that Visustella has rewritten the method mainAreaHeight from Scene_MenuBase class. The original one as is in core MZ javascript is a calculation based in the Graphics boxheight, the button area height and the helpAreaheight; this last one in turn is the result of calculating the windowHeight based on number of lines and if it is selectable or not. In other words mainAreaHeight originally was suppoused to return a number value.
Because of the way Visustella's plugins are obscured, I can't say with accuracy if the error is because of the rewritting of the method (unlikely otherwise many more errors will happen) or because of some other method that is called within that has been rewritten and that one is causing the error. This last seems to be more the case.

I have to ask, which version of Visustella's Core and Battlecore are you using? I've tried to look for _0x68823a in the code I have from version 1.32 and I can't find it. If I can determine what is _0x68823a (method, object, function call) maybe I can figure it out,but I can't make any promises, patching a plugin to Visustella without Visustella's unobscured code is like trying to drive someone else's car blinfolded on a highway on the oposite lane and try to make it home alive and unscathed.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Winshifter Ah, yeah. I mixed up those two. They are both version 1.19. I haven't updated to the new ones yet. Not like that'll make any difference, I guess.

Feel free to take a shot at it, though. ^_^

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Winshifter Ah, yeah. I mixed up those two. They are both version 1.19. I haven't updated to the new ones yet. Not like that'll make any difference, I guess.

Feel free to take a shot at it, though. ^_^
Ok, just a couple more questions. When does the error shows up? In the battle scene? while selecting an item in the battle scene? or in any other particular scene (menu,equip,item,map)? Do I need a particular setting or setup?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Winshifter As soon as I enter battle, that error occurs. Probably because the equip command is not supposed to be there. You'll just need those two plugins together, I think.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You never updated to the new versions? If nothing else, it's worth doing so and giving it a shot to see if it works right then.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Sword_of_Dusk I just didn't feel the need to since the changes were minimal. I just tested the newest version now, and it still didn't work. The error message is slightly different, but that's it, lol. XD

Nevertheless, the workaround I am working on is going well, and I probably won't need this at all. Well, I hope. But let's see what Win can come up with. It might be helpful to other people, who knows? =w=

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!
Had apparently not checked Itch for 3 months, kind of forgot I had an account rofl.
One side of me is: "lineart is so awful", the other side is just: "huh, decent" :kaoswt2:
Uehu8tg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Es10liv