Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sword_of_Dusk I just didn't feel the need to since the changes were minimal. I just tested the newest version now, and it still didn't work. The error message is slightly different, but that's it, lol. XD

Nevertheless, the workaround I am working on is going well, and I probably won't need this at all. Well, I hope. But let's see what Win can come up with. It might be helpful to other people, who knows? =w=
Ok, I still don't have a patch but I found out the reson of the error. It all comes to this part in the code

VisuMZ['CoreEngine'][_0x18ba1f(0x2e6)] = Scene_MenuBase[_0x18ba1f(0x5e5)]['mainAreaHeight'],
Scene_MenuBase[_0x18ba1f(0x5e5)][_0x18ba1f(0x14c)] = function() {
const _0x625dc2 = _0x18ba1f;
let _0x5379cb = 0x0;
return SceneManager[_0x625dc2(0x2df)]() ? _0x5379cb = this[_0x625dc2(0x641)]() : _0x5379cb = VisuMZ[_0x625dc2(0x3ea)][_0x625dc2(0x2e6)]['call'](this),
this[_0x625dc2(0x5a4)]() && this[_0x625dc2(0x5da)]() !== _0x625dc2(0x459) && (_0x5379cb -= Window_ButtonAssist[_0x625dc2(0x5e5)][_0x625dc2(0x5f7)]()),
_0x5379cb;
}
The problem is that this part from that aliased method :
this[_0x625dc2(0x5a4)]()
this is suppoused to be a boolean value but they are treating it as if it were a function...probably because _0x625dc2 is actually a function that reads what 0x5a4 it is, be it a function or a parameter from the plugin and then return the appropiate value or execute the appropiate function. But since this is basically a boolean variable and not a funciton, javascript returns the error message that _0x625dc2 is not a funciton, because it actually returns the value as a boolean but is listed as a function in the function call...(effin javascript)

I do have a kind of a workaround, but I would'n suggest you use it since I don't know what other weird issues might bring with other plugins from Visustella or any other plugin. The fix for now is rather simple, just take out the () from this[_0x625dc2(0x5a4)]() making it look like this[_0x625dc2(0x5a4)], that way those two plugins work.

From what I can see, this is an oversight in Visustella's dev team and they should fix this small issue, simply because I don't know if they have done it that way intentionally or if it is part of the obscure process they run before publishing the plugin in their web page.

UPDATE: Don't expect a patch from Visustella, I asked and they throwed me in the face the tems of use that basically say that they don't make patches to work with plugins outside of Visustella. Basically Visustella is saying that they are transitioning to closed coding, meaning that if you use any Visustella's plugins, you should not use plugins that they don't release or that are not coded using Visustella as a base to test. So, my suggestion is that, if you are using Visustella, then just stick to what Visustella offers or start developing you own plugins. I'll try to make some sort of patch but is still not a guarantee that I might given that I don't have the original code.

@Mr. Detective

UPDATE 2: I have created a patch for your issue, you can either copy it into a new file and add it to your project or just edit the plugin in the method based on the patch, I'll leave that to you. Please test it and let me know if you have further issues. If you copy it into a file, just make sure that this is below ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ

//=============================================================================
// Compatibility patch for ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ to Visustella Core.
// ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ_VS_patch.js

/*:
* @target MZ
* @plugindesc [Ver1.0]Compatibility patch for Visustella Core plugin.
* @Author Winshifter.
* @orderAfter ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ
* @Help This patch does not provide plugin commands or parameters.
* This patch only works between ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ and Visustella
* Core plugin.
*/

(() => {
const pluginName = 'ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ_VS_patch';

Scene_Battle.prototype.equipStatusWindowRect = function() {
const wx = 0;
const wy = this.buttonAreaBottom();
const ww = Scene_Equip.prototype.statusWidth.call(this);
const wh = Graphics.boxHeight - wy;
return new Rectangle(wx, wy, ww, wh);
};

})();

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the patch. In the updates since there is now a problem with Vizu's equipcore, largely doing the same thing (crashing because of the () in the code), I managed to get it partially working, but the scene crashes due to a conflict if you unequip something and it's beyond my level of skill to address.

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the patch. In the updates since there is now a problem with Vizu's equipcore, largely doing the same thing (crashing because of the () in the code), I managed to get it partially working, but the scene crashes due to a conflict if you unequip something and it's beyond my level of skill to address.
I would need the console log output, the plugins involved, order and their respective versions to figurre it out. The () issue is mostly because of the software Visustella uses to obscure their code, not so much with the changes they make to the code base, this in turn causes javascript to go highwire because...well, javascript is rather crappy sometimes....at least for my taste.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I honestly really appreciate the help, I was prepared to give up on this. Your time is greatly appreciated.

1626980936722.png
1626980966184.png

1626980972034.png

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I honestly really appreciate the help, I was prepared to give up on this. Your time is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 196300
View attachment 196301

View attachment 196302

I have updated the code for the patch, just copy this new version on the one you have, it should work now. If you still get issues, let me know.

// Compatibility patch for ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ to Visustella Core.
// ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ_VS_patch.js

/*:
* @target MZ
* @plugindesc [Ver1.1]Compatibility patch for Visustella Core plugin.
* @Author Winshifter.
* @orderAfter ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ
* @Help This patch does not provide plugin commands or parameters.
* This patch only works between ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ and Visustella
* Core plugin.
* ============================================================================
* Change log:
* 2021-07-27
* v1.1: Added compatibility for Visustella ItemsEquipCore
* 2021-04-24
* v1.0: Finished patch.
*/

(() => {
const pluginName = 'ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ_VS_patch';

Scene_Battle.prototype.equipStatusWindowRect = function() {
const wx = 0;
const wy = this.buttonAreaBottom();
const ww = Scene_Equip.prototype.geUpdatedLayoutStatusWidth.call(this);
const wh = Graphics.boxHeight - wy;
return new Rectangle(wx, wy, ww, wh);
};

})();

It might need further reworking, but it should help you with your issue.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I greatly appreciate the assist, it now throws a different error
1627396967148.png
1627396977829.png
Which honestly has me thinking that this just isn't meant to be. I have a common event item that spawns the equip scene without incident, it just has to go last or it does funky things with the turn sequence.

As this appears to just have issue after issue, I'm going to have to evaluate if changing gear in battle is something I -need- or just wanted.

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I greatly appreciate the assist, it now throws a different error
View attachment 197020
View attachment 197021
Which honestly has me thinking that this just isn't meant to be. I have a common event item that spawns the equip scene without incident, it just has to go last or it does funky things with the turn sequence.

As this appears to just have issue after issue, I'm going to have to evaluate if changing gear in battle is something I -need- or just wanted.
On a first glance this seems more of a bug with ItemsEquipCore but I can take a look.
Honestly, I'm tempted to simply rewrite the whole ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ plugin to be compatible with Visustella rather than making patches, because this will keep coming back and is not really the best practice.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sure some people will appreciate the efforts made. I wish there was an easier solution for all.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!
I normally only post these every 24 hours, but same-sex marriage is coming to Rune Factory 5 and I just wanted to share it with the world! https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/
Today was wild. In the day I worked in my project (and realized I have almost 100 hours wich is a happy surprise), and now i'm having to calm my boyfriend down because of chris pratt Mario.
Mr_Petue wrote on GamchiSamwise's profile.
hey pepe, why do you have a gun on your head? where is wojak?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TuxedoedPenguin