ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just found an easily reproducible bug in the core battle engine of RMMV.

In the database it's possible to make a skill with the special trait 'escape'.

If you make this skill affect one or all allies, and then use it in battle, some interesting things happen:

• If it affects all allies, they each individually run from the fight, causing some strangeness on the battlers that remain in the fight
  • When the last actor leaves the fight, the battle scene does not end.
  • If set to a single ally (or self) the battlers leave the scene as they use the skill as normal, but if the last (or only) party member runs through this skill, the battle scene will hang

I suspect this is a bug in the handling of individual escape, in that it doesn't know to check if there are any actors remaining, to tell the battle scene to end properly.

Ideally, if the skill affected all allies, they should leave the map at the same time, as if the entire party escaped via the party command. My hope was to create a skill that guaranteed escape.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no...

The problem originates from the fact that the escape function done by skill is not intended to be used on actors, but on enemies - for the actors there is the escape option in the fight-or-escape-choice at the beginning of each battleturn.

That said, it should not cause problems if used on actors, so in that part it is indeed a bug.

Please do not post topics twice

Since the other topic is in the correct forum part, I'm closing this one

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry, lot of unexpected hospital things. I'm trying. Life is hectic atm. I know it must seem like I say this every week. XD Anybody wanna trade me for awhile so I can game test and game make?
I love running events, I hate setting up all the awards at the end. >_> But you know, gotta do it :B :B :B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerodynamic877