Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does that mean it actually worked the way you wanted it to?

immatx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question, based on immatx's "Event Page 3", do I still have to set it up in that way? Because with four characters, I would in theory have to make it like...

A Control Switch for the combinations of possible death paths before finally reaching the entire party. 
attachicon.gif
Switches For Alternate Battle.png

which is what I was doing previously before you posted. Do I continue that way or...? Also, I have immatx's "Event Page 1 and 2" but a 3 and 4 for the second and third character. But as you can see, instead of just "Character 1 + 2", I'm thinking I have to do "C1+2", "C1+3", "C1+4", "C2+1", C2+3", etc, and then C1+2+3, C1+2+4, C1+3+4, etc. All the possibilities of who goes out first, rather than just two characters in that order. It is SO much easier with two characters, it seems. 
I'm really sorry for not getting this very fast, I don't know where my brain is today...
No, you should only need 1 switch, the switch for when everyone is dead. You should have the first 4 pages be the 'death' pages for each actor, and then the next page should be my page 3, and the only change should be that you have 2 more enveloped(?) conditional branches. The switch stays the same, the only difference is maybe rename it? Oh, and you will either have to turn it off after the battle or use a different switch for the next time you use this scenario.

It should look like this:

Screenshot%2B%25285%2529.png

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No, you should only need 1 switch, the switch for when everyone is dead. You should have the first 4 pages be the 'death' pages for each actor, and then the next page should be my page 3, and the only change should be that you have 2 more enveloped(?) conditional branches. The switch stays the same, the only difference is maybe rename it? Oh, and you will either have to turn it off after the battle or use a different switch for the next time you use this scenario.

It should look like this:

Screenshot%2B%25285%2529.png
Yepp, I have it setup ALMOST like this. It seemed I didn't need the Conditional Branches underneath the Conditional Branches, but rather just four pages like your Event Page 1 and Event Page 2, one for each of the four members, and the fifth one being the Conditional Branch with the script from Shaz, and it works perfect!

Also,no switches were needed after all, so no need to turn any of them off after! 

EDIT: Yeah...got ahead of myself there. Heh. I needed those Conditional Branches under Conditional Branches. 

Does that mean it actually worked the way you wanted it to?
Yes it does! It works absolutely perfectly! I'm really excited about this. You guys rock!

EDIT 2: Uh...well, came into one last tiny issue. Due to being "immortal", I can't remove the forced state of being "dead" by regular item/magic means. So once you're dead in battle, you're dead. Is there a way to fix that or no? Not THAT big of a deal, but still. 

Last edited by a moderator:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
EDIT 2: Uh...well, came into one last tiny issue. Due to being "immortal", I can't remove the forced state of being "dead" by regular item/magic means. So once you're dead in battle, you're dead. Is there a way to fix that or no? Not THAT big of a deal, but still. 
Erm, call an event that removes the state?

immatx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry, I completely forgot about that. I put it in the last page of the battle event, but I guess it didn't fit in the screen shot. I can't remember exactly, but I think I had it work I removed all conditions and then healed the party completely after the screen whited but before I removed them from the party.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"end of battle" event pages do not run. Once the last enemy is killed, the battle ends - no more event commands are run. You would need a script that allows event commands to be processed right at the end of a battle. There is at least one script out there that does this, by Tsukihime, I think.

immatx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"end of battle" event pages do not run. Once the last enemy is killed, the battle ends - no more event commands are run. You would need a script that allows event commands to be processed right at the end of a battle. There is at least one script out there that does this, by Tsukihime, I think.
It doesn't have to be "end of battle", because the new character is taking over during the middle of the battle and you are temporarily losing your other characters they can be healed/states removed when this switch occurs, since it won't affect the battle in any way.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)
*sigh* This one turned out really well... except for the left arm pose...
fPRzKSp.jpg

Yes I purposely cutout the arm cause from the pic
A month into making my life/dating sim game and I've finally finished making all of the love interests :kaocry: I still have to make most of their emotion range and overworld sprites but aye I'm proud of myself.
would i get in trouble if i didn't take out the computer icons on my fake computer screen i had Discord, Messanger, and rpg maker up
Auto-Adjust Text Outline, Run Common Events on Transfer | RPG Maker News #111

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jefersonferreira9498