Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I'm working on a Hydra-esque boss which has three heads and a body. The parts are all separate enemies.
The heads are easy to kill, but they quickly come back.
Every six turns, I'd like for the heads to reappear. I don't want the body to have to use a revive spell, but
I can't figure out how to make this happen in the battle event.

When I do it, every 6 turns it tries to revive the heads but they don't reappear. I can attack them, but their graphic is gone.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how did you try this? it should be doable by troop events

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1604093710428.png
Here's what I'm doing, basically all of the things I feel should potentially revive one of the heads,
but they still don't appear.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please post the entire troop event, not only that tiny part. anything wrong with the conditions or span and the troop event will never run correctly.

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please post the entire troop event, not only that tiny part. anything wrong with the conditions or span and the troop event will never run correctly.
1604096282749.png1604096305192.pngThis is the full event.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the full event.
no, it is not.

I specifically mentioned above that the conditions and span are important here, and that part is still cut away from your partial screenshot.
Please post the full screenshot of the entire event instead of only its content.

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, it is not.

I specifically mentioned above that the conditions and span are important here, and that part is still cut away from your partial screenshot.
Please post the full screenshot of the entire event instead of only its content.
1604098253997.pngI've tried the three different spans, and none of them helped. I get a message saying that the death state has been removed, so I know that the timing is working properly at least.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) turn 6+6*x means that this event will run (theoretically, but see point 2) on turn 6, 12, 18 and so on, independent on which turn the heads are really killed. So if the player kills an head on turn 5, it will be revived in the next turn.

2) the span determines how often the troop event is checked. Once per battle, once per turn, once per action/moment.
So the event above will run on turn six and then never again due to the span "once per battle".

3) "enemy appear" is for enemies that have been set to "appear halfway" by right-clicking their picture. It has no function if the enemies are not invisible at the beginning of the battle.

4) if the message of the revival appears but the enemy does not revive, then that has to be something in the battlesystem itself that prevents the enemy revival. If you have any battlescripts added please tell which ones, but most likely someone else has to check for causes as that goes a bit beyond my knowledge.

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just switched to forcing the body to use a revival skill as a test, and it's the same result, the heads are revived and are actually there, but they do not render as sprites, leading me to believe that this is some problem with a script.
I'll do some experimenting and post what I find if I can find the answer to the problem.

Testtubebaby

Wizard of the woods
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As a possible work around, you can create a duplicate spell "revive" with no animations or anything, but does the same effect of removing death. That way, the head will revive, and it won't look like a revive spell was cast.

Just make sure you label it appropriately so you don't confuse it with the real revive spell.

Karbonic

Off Brand OFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a possible work around, you can create a duplicate spell "revive" with no animations or anything, but does the same effect of removing death. That way, the head will revive, and it won't look like a revive spell was cast.

Just make sure you label it appropriately so you don't confuse it with the real revive spell.
I appreciate the advice, but unfortunately the same visual glitch occurs with skill spells, so for now I'll just have to work on an alternate strategy for the boss.

Testtubebaby

Wizard of the woods
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does this happen with every enemy type? Or just the specific one you're trying to use?
Try to make a test battle where an enemy will appear after a turn or two, and see if the same visual glitch occurs.

I made an alternate version of your battle script, and I haven't had ghosting enemies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy