Battle Event Variable Issue

fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have it setup so everytime a rat dies, it adds 1 to a variable. Then I want to use conditions to trigger different events depending on how many dead rats, but the event never triggers. Also, if I use "moment" the battle freezes. I'm using ATB too. Thanks! Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 12.24.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-15 at 12.24.42 AM.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) the span determines how often a troop event is run if the condition is true. once per battle, once per turn, once per moment/action.
In your case the first events should be battle (the rat can only die once) but the last event should be turn, because it needs to betested every turn and not only once per battle.
moment would be wrong for all of them because you don't need that to be checked after every action.

2) the condition HP=0 will never trigger for the last enemy, because in that case the "battle victory" takes precedence and the rest of the battle (including troop events) is skipped.
to change that you'll either need plugins or you'll need an immortal state to force the engine into handling the troop events.

fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks!
Even when I set everything to what you said, the condition doesn't trigger. I tried it with all numbers of triggers and different trigger events like test, sound etc... but nothing happens.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then show us the screenshots of what you have now - all troop event pages and the entire troop
most likely it's the problem 2 I mentioned above, but we need to see everything to confirm this

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) I asked for the troop as a screenshot, not for the enemy
2) erase event is useless on troop events, it only deletes map events
3) what is the content of the common event called?

what exactly happens when you try to test the battle, and how do you test it?

fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 9.42.15 PM.png

I don't have a common event, just a variable called "RatEvent" that's supposed to count how many rats died - then use that number to trigger an event. When I test the battle with two actors, nothing happens.Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 9.42.15 PM.png

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have a common event,
wrong - your screenshot show that you call a common event "flower blood" when a rat dies, and we need to know what it does.
When I test the battle with two actors, nothing happens.
you mean that the two actors cannot kill the rats ? "nothing happens" is NOT a description that has any value, you need to tell us what happens in the battle.

and you need to answer my questions. If you don't understand a question please ask and I can explain, but do not ignore them as that doesn't help anyone.
So again - how did you test that troop? how did you start the battle and so on?

fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh sorry I deleted the common event but didn't use the right screenshot so that isn't there now.

The actors are able to kill the rats, but the trigger for the variables doesn't happen when the variable should be reaching 3 after 3 rat are killed

I tested the troop with 2 actors -
Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 3.17.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-16 at 3.17.52 PM.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The battletest in the database has several known problems especially when plugins are involved. You can use it for balancing after everything works, but it should never be used for bughunting. That is why I asked.

Please test in your game if the battle works if regularly started by an event. And make sure to select "new game" in your game's title screen, loading an old savefile can also cause problems with bughunting as savegames can contain data that is older than the current game version.

fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to keep going in circles - I did the in-game battle event,
I tried these:
the variable of 3 rats at 0%HP, variable=3 wouldn't trigger the text, a picture etc. I tried 1% or lower
I tried greater than or equal to for the variable -
and still didn't work.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please make a new project and replicate the troop events there (nothing else), then make a test again.
this is to check if the problem is caused by plugins or by the engine or a few other options

fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked... Does that mean it's a plug-in causing the problem?

fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are my Plug-Ins

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 3.33.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-17 at 3.33.17 PM.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked... Does that mean it's a plug-in causing the problem?
most likely - and from what I see not only have you the battleengine core twice in your list, there are also some of yanfly's plugins in the wrong order.
Please correct these mistakes and test again - that could easily be the cause,if not the search will be more difficult after correcting those mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Degica has great discounts now on Steam too. MV & MV DLCs, VX Ace & VX Ace DLCs, and some DLC for MZ with a 10% discount. So if you are missing something, you can catch up now.
I'm streaming @jasonzeno 's game called Moonfall
I've been trying out Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, and it has an interesting approach to consumable items - you get a limited inventory that is automatically refreshed to max limits (1 or 2 each, craft to expand + improve effect) at the start of each combat. It's a mechanic that goes against the common urge to hoard consumables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klexster