ProfessorCreepyPasta

Horror Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting frustrated trying to figure out something. I noticed that in MV if I make an event happen in a battle on a certain turn, turn 6 to be exact, the event also happens in all battles on turn 6 no matter what enemy I'm battling for some reason. Is there any way to fix this?

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not like that by default. So we need some more information.

Like screenshots of your troops tab, specifically a screenshot of the troop where something IS supposed to happen on turn 6 and a screenshot of a troop where this is NOT supposed to happen.

Maybe even a shot of your plugin list so.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above this is not default behaviour, but there are plugins intended to create exactly that in the form of base troop events, so that you can designate one troop that will not be fought normally but has all its troop events copied into all other troops as a way to ease development.

best bet is that you installed a plugin with that function.

ProfessorCreepyPasta

Horror Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above this is not default behaviour, but there are plugins intended to create exactly that in the form of base troop events, so that you can designate one troop that will not be fought normally but has all its troop events copied into all other troops as a way to ease development.

best bet is that you installed a plugin with that function.
I think it's Base Troop events that's doing that.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YEP_BaseTroopEvents Right?

Like Andar, that's what I suspected aswell when I saw this thread.
So most likely the Troop with the event on turn 6 is also the Troop that you set to be the basetroop in the plugin configuration.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's Base Troop events that's doing that.
what I don't understand is why you have wondered about this if you have that specific plugin?
because that is the ONLY function of that plugin, making the events of one base troop work in every troop.

I suspected you had a multi-purpose plugin where you didn't realise that it also contained a base troop function in addition to whatever other function you wanted from that plugin.

ProfessorCreepyPasta

Horror Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what I don't understand is why you have wondered about this if you have that specific plugin?
because that is the ONLY function of that plugin, making the events of one base troop work in every troop.

I suspected you had a multi-purpose plugin where you didn't realise that it also contained a base troop function in addition to whatever other function you wanted from that plugin.
Because I'm stupid lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasasewamobilbali