Battle Events: Force Action (Enemy -> Actor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YudaSyn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been having some issues trying to force Enemies to hit Actors using Battle Events.

Specifically I have a setup where a Boss uses a buff/places a State on itself. The Battle Event then uses a conditional branch that if the Boss has a state it will force multiple attack actions on that same turn.

My problem is that the options of Last Target will mean it keeps attacking itself after using the buff on itself, and Index seems to refer to the Enemy index (so Index 1 means it will still only hit itself). The attack skill is set to just "1 Enemy" but it seems that it doesn't prevent attacks from still targeting itself.

Is there anyway I can prevent the Boss from just hitting itself, and force the target of the attack the player Actor?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The index is depending on the scope - either the enemy index or the party index depending on which side the skill targets.

But yes, it is tricky to set the enemies to attack specific actors by default methods.

YudaSyn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, ok so I did get the way Index works wrong. Keeping everything to Index 1 did the trick, thank you very much.

Zanoth

Noob
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to necro-post, but i was looking for a solution to a problem that sounded a lot like this one. Basically, the problem that i didn't realize was that at some point i'd accidentally changed the first skill used (the one that calls the event and applies the state) to a physical attack instead of a certain hit.
Figured i'd put this post here so that anyone with a similar issue would see another potential solution to their problem.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Zanoth, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Just because a problem sounds a lot like another doesn't mean that it has the same cause. Please post a new thread, giving all the details that relate to your specific issue.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x01010110x