Battle Events Not Working Quite Right

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by omega1227, Feb 14, 2018.

1. omega1227

omega1227 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So, let me post a couple screenshots first:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, I am using a LOT of Yanfly scripts, including the STB Battle System. As you can see in the first screenshot, I have a boss named "Heart of Darkness". As the event goes, when he is Knocked Out, the rest of the minions are supposed to die. These Wisps are immune to all damage, so the only way to kill them is to kill the Heart first.

I test the battle and it worked. I tested it in the game and it worked. BUT, this was with the boss having only 5 HP and killing him right away. Later, when I was testing for gameplay balance (with the boss having proper stats), the battle became a much different thing. To shut down the wisps, I silenced them all (you can see the three enemies silenced in the screenshot). I eventually killed the boss and... nothing happened.

Why is this happening? The worst part is, once the Heart is dead, the status numbers (turns left silenced) don't go down anymore. I can attack, guard, skip my turns, whatever, and it's as if the battle is frozen in time.

Can anyone give me a hand with this? I have no idea what's going on here...

(Forum moderators - I didn't know if this should go in JS support or Event support. It could be a problem with either? Sorry if you disagree with where I posted it.)

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no, this is event support - and your problem is the span of the event.

Battle means that this troop event runs once per battle, you'll need a shorter span so that it can either run once per turn or once per moment

omega1227 likes this.
  3. omega1227

First Language:
    English
    I'll try it out, but I'm confused. Don't I only want it to run once per battle? Which would be triggered by the Heart being knocked out?

(I mean, obviously I'm wrong because it isn't working... I'm just trying to figure out why I'm wrong.)

EDIT: I tried it on "Turn" and it worked great. Thank you!

4. ashikai

ashikai Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Happy it's fixed, but here's why that works:
    If you have that event set to "once per battle" it will run the check ONCE at the start of the battle and then never again. Setting it to "once per turn" instead has the event checked once at the start of every turn (someone correct me if it's not at the start). I think when you originally planned to have this set to run once per battle, you thought it would fire only once per battle once the conditions were met, but in actuality an "if" statement is basically a check, so the CHECK fires once per battle, not the commands within that check.

Llareian and omega1227 like this.
  5. omega1227

First Language:
    English
    Ah, yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the clarification!

ashikai likes this.