Battle Exp Distribution

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In RPG Maker, when you defeat enemies in battle, everyone that's alive will receive some EXP.

So for example, if you defeated a slime, and the slime is worth 100 EXP, then every party member that is alive will receive 100 EXP. If you had one member, that member would receive 100 EXP. If you had four members, then all four members would receive 100 EXP.

However, this means there is no incentive to try to challenge yourself to have one party member solo the battle, because there's no difference whether you bring your entire party or not.

This plugin changes the way EXP is rewarded. Instead of simply giving everyone the same amount of EXP, the total EXP is divided among all of the party members.

For now, the EXP is divided equally, so if an enemy gives 100 EXP and you bring three other party members with you, then everyone will only receive 25. However, if you decided to solo the enemy yourself, you will get the full 100.

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been waiting for this! Thanks so much. 

Quick question: 

Let's say I bring four people to the party, and one of them dies...does the exp get split by 4 or 3 then. :D  

I'd like it to where if the last man standing gets the full exp...if the other three or dead... :D  

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are gonna expand it so low level gain more xp like Tactical Ogres. Maybe each gain 10% of the xp and the rest go to a pool where is divided basead in the level diference.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you thought to expand this plugin any?  I was thinking maybe including the option like the one that does the most damage gets more exp.  or the one that hits last does...  I'm sure there are more, but have you thought of it?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The approach used in this plugin wouldn't be able to do that since it doesn't take into consideration each actor individually. I have some idea how that might look, but it would be a separate plugin.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the excellent plugin, princess. One question though, how does this interact with the Reserve XP Member? If a 400xp monster is defeated by a 4-man party, each will get 100xp, right? But what about that lone minstrel that was not active in the battle but on the reserve?

Thanks

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh, I didn't take into consideration reserve members receiving EXP.

Hmm, currently each person in the battle would get 100 EXP, but all reserve members would also get 100 EXP.

I'll look at providing a formula so that you could then figure out what to do with reserve members.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The approach used in this plugin wouldn't be able to do that since it doesn't take into consideration each actor individually. I have some idea how that might look, but it would be a separate plugin.
I was wondering if this new plugin is on the agenda or if it's more like a side project...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheepman