tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
MPP_SpecialFormBattle - 2020/01/21 (ver. 1.7)

Creator name: Mokusei Penguin

Overview
Create battle formation such as back attack and side attack.

Enemy Troop Command:
<Preemptive> # Preemptive strike
<Surprise> # Surprise attack
<Invert> # Flip horizontal
<Same> # Enemy backwards
<Back> # Facing backwards
<Side> # Ally side attack
<Pincer> # Attack an enemy

Note: for battle formation to work, put the command inside troops name.
Example- Bat*2 Pincer
It's also possible to use another command together. Ex- Bat*2 Pincer Invert

For Item / Skills Note box:
<narrow> # Area of target range

Preview

Invert

Same

Back

Side

Pincer

Formation details

- Invert
Allies are on the left and enemies are on the right. Enemy's position is mirrored about the screen center.
- Side
Allies are placed with the enemy in between. The arrangement is the first and third actors of the party on the right, the second and fourth actors will be on the left.
- Pincer
Allies are placed at the center of the screen. Odd numbered actors of the party turn to the left, and the even-numbered actors turn to the right. Enemy on the left side of the screen from the center to the right, and another enemy appear on the right side to the left. You can not escape unless you destroy either the left and right enemies. Escape by item/ skill can be set by the plugin parameter [].

For more information- please check plugin details

Credit and Thanks: Mokusei Penguin

Terms of Use- Free for commercial and non-commercial use.

License - MIT License: http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

You can download js file from the thread attachment or Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn3hqbx06lqdm0h/MPP_SpecialFormBattle.js?dl=1

Source
http://woodpenguin.web.fc2.com/MV_Plugin/SpecialFormBattle.html

Edit: Changelog

2020/01/21 (ver. 1.7)
Corrected wrong direction of characters facing when using YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js, should work regardless of plugin order.

2020/01/16 (ver. 1.6)
Added support for YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js

Note: Battle Engine Core was from itch.io page

2020/01/05 (ver. 1.5)
First shared here on RMW

Attachments

Last edited:

AcousticJamm

YouTuber
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I found a way to reverse sprites! I won't reveal this secret, but if you have any SV sprites you need reversed, just notify me. (This is just so the creator won't have to try compatibility with plugins like Yep_X_AnimatedSVEnemies)

Last edited:

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@AcousticJamm Mokusei Penguin recently added support for YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js on ver. 1.6

Last edited:

AcousticJamm

YouTuber
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AcousticJamm Mokusei Penguin recently added support for YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js on ver. 1.6
Okay, but I can't get that to work. I'm listing this as an alternate in case others have the same problem.

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@AcousticJamm I can't confirm whether it's only YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js that's not working with this plugin or perhaps caused by other plugins conflicting.

Hey, I found a way to reverse sprites! I won't reveal this secret, but if you have any SV sprites you need reversed, just notify me. (This is just so the creator won't have to try compatibility with plugins like Yep_X_AnimatedSVEnemies)
If it's a default method (other than using paint program) without plugins, it would be nice to share that knowledge publicly. Not everyone wants to create a forum account to ask someone for the solution unless it's important to them. Or required to download file attachment with an account.

Someone added a feature in Yep_X_AnimatedSVEnemies where you can add notes <Mirror> or <No Mirror> to force mirroring or not mirroring. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/flipping-sv-static-battlers-with-yanfly-animated-battlers-plugin.81339/#post-975059

Last edited:

AcousticJamm

YouTuber
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's a default method (other than using paint program) without plugins, it would be nice to share that knowledge publicly. Not everyone wants to create a forum account to ask someone for the solution unless it's important to them. Or required to download file attachment with an account.
It does require a plugin to the program, and it's not exactly free.

Someone added a feature in Yep_X_AnimatedSVEnemies where you can add notes <Mirror> or <No Mirror> to force mirroring or not mirroring. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/flipping-sv-static-battlers-with-yanfly-animated-battlers-plugin.81339/#post-975059
I'll still supply the alternative in the case of it not working, which is rare but still possible. Loppy even mentioned it not working.

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm just confirming that Battle Formation does work with Yep_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.

Before

After

Plugin order

Note: Battle Engine Core was from itch.io page

Setup

Yep_X_AnimatedSVEnemies edit that's in attachment doesn't seem to work in the latest build, not sure if it works for older version.

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mokusei Penguin did another update (ver. 1.7)
Corrected wrong direction of characters facing when using YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies.js, should work regardless of plugin order.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using your plugin with yanfly's row formation plugin. When I setup a pincer attack and then attempt to change row formation my characters go back to the original default position. Is there a way you can fix this? I updated to your latest version and the pincer command isn't even working now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well it's been almost a whole year since I joined RMW, so i figured I should update my status.
This is my updated status.
Here's a sample of some pixel edits I made.

Maybe for use as sidewalks.
If there are any mods or admins online, could you please see about the re-translation pages for RPG Maker MV? They are all down :rsad:
Werewolf cons: you lose control of yourself once a month and could accidentally kill your friends. Vampire cons: no garlic bread. The choice is simple. Werewolf for sure.
2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friskyomega