Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Battle Gold Reward Variance v1.0
By DreamX

Introduction/Features
You can assign a probability chance to a range of numbers when the game decides how much gold to give the player per enemy. That means you won't always get the same exact amount of gold for defeating a certain enemy type.

I made this as a plugin request but it seemed pretty useful, so I'm releasing it as a plugin here.

Patch Notes

None

How to Use
Go to the script page and select save page as. Do not save as a .txt file, make sure you save as a .js file. On windows you can select "All Files" from the "Save as type" drop down menu to do this. Alternatively, you can create your own .js file and past the script contents into it.

If the enemy does not have any correct gold notetags, the default way will be used instead.
Notetags must be in this exact same format, including spaces:
<Gold: X% Y-Z>
X is the percentage chance. Y is the minimum. Z is the maximum.
The minimum must be equal to or less than the maximum or the notetag will be ignored.
Some examples of correct notetags are:
 <Gold: 5% 9999-9999>
 <Gold: 30% 1000-1500>
 <Gold: 65% 1-5000>

The algorithm that decides gold rewards adds notetags sequentially from top to bottom. Any notetag with a percent that exceeds the current ratio will be ignored.

For example:
 <Gold: 50% 1000-1000>
 <Gold: 51% 2000-2000>

In this example, the second notetag will be ignored. In other words,
 do not exceed 100% in sum with your notetag percents.

It is fine, however, not to reach 100% in percent sums. If the sum of the percents is not 100%, there is a chance that the player may not receive any gold. The chance of not receiving gold would be 100% minus the sum of the percents.

Each gold notetag must be on a separate line.

Script

Credit and Thanks
- DreamX

Author's Notes/Terms of Use
Free to use and modify for commercial and noncommercial games, with credit.

Bicept

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice script! Another thing I needed.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmm.... this would be nice for my game... but.... what are the terms of service... and the only thing i could think to use this on would be battles with other "human" races  cuase i'm removing gold from non "human" encounters and having them drop sellable loot

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hmm.... this would be nice for my game... but.... what are the terms of service... and the only thing i could think to use this on would be battles with other "human" races  cuase i'm removing gold from non "human" encounters and having them drop sellable loot
It's in the topic post.

Author's Notes/Terms of Use

Free to use and modify for commercial and noncommercial games, with credit.

Kaemalux

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Thanks, this plugin is great! Simple but so useful! Great job DreamX. ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally, the B-tile is added to the forum and steam!
I hope my annual #DoItForHargon contest gets lots of entries this year (since a Playstation 5 is a pretty big prize lol) XD On further news - I'm back to game devving next week after hiatus cause of that tragedy of losing everything I own.
Rome Trastevere deserve a tileset. Mumble mumble...
Before the full time job, I can make 1 MZ plugin per day, even though it's still hard; With the full time job, making 1 such plugin per week becomes just as hard lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adafon