Battle HUD Request

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Catog, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Catog

Catog Professional Internal Screamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there, you talented coders!

So, right now, I'm using a combination of Yanfly's CTB and Equip Skills, and HIME's Actor Battle Command and Battle Use Skills. All this comes together to make a system that looks like this:

[​IMG]

Now, this does the job, but isn't ideal. It could be more streamlined.
    What I'm looking for is something closer to this style:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BASE MECHANICS:
    • The menu SLIDES in (either from the side or the bottom)
    • The skill name would pop up (I know they're included in the mockup above, but ideally, these would be written by the script). The Icon would be positioned in the blank space provided.
    • Player would press WASD on a keyboard (or the direction buttons on a gamepad). [This would require a clause about whether the player is using a gamepad, and has selected "Gamepad Compatible Battles ON" in the options menu.
    • The selected action would briefly LIGHT UP and a selection sound would play (I'll create the graphic for this, unless you can think of a way for it to be done easier through the script)
    • The menu would DISABLE and SLIDE OUT
    • The SRD_Timed Attack and damage would play out.

OTHERS:
    • ALTERNATIVE MENUS: If the player wants to use the inventory, or use the party menu, the menu would SLIDE OUT and the new menu, at 0 OPACITY AND WITH A PICTURE BACKGROUND, would SLIDE IN.
    • INTENT: The gauge at the side represents the party leader's IP. When it reaches 100, they can release a devastating move. I would like if the party member can press Q (or "L" on a gamepad) to open the Intent Menu (functioning similarly to the alternative menus.) However, also note that if the character doesn't have an Intent move yet, they shouldn't be able to receive this popup.
    EXTRA:
    • If possible, I would like the cost (usually MP, but can be TP) to POP UP just above the menu when the selection has been made.
    • Please note that the point of this system is to make battles FAST-PACED and RESPONSIVE. Please keep that in mind when making animation decisions.

If you so desire, I'm willing to pay a pre-agreed commission rate. PM me if you want to negotiate one.

Thank you very much for your time!

- Catog

2. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. Catog

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry dude, I do know that one, and as far as I know, that won't cut it because it still uses RPG Maker's standard "select then enter" command as opposed to what I'm after. If there's anything recent I can think of, it's like with Persona 5, where everything you can use a single separate button to use the command.

4. NinjaKittyProductions

NinjaKittyProductions Professional Murder Hobos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Catog

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, that's very close to what I was thinking! Actually was sort of the inspiration for this system at its inception.
    My two issues with the system, however, is that it only allows you to control the party leader, and also is ATB, which at that particular pace, especially with the timing-based stuff, could mean the battle gets very chaotic and hard to follow.
    But yes, if anyone could find away to use KageDesu's template of button-pressing menus, especially with side-view stuff, that's what I'm definitely after.