RenegadeForce

Game Developer and Artist
Reaction score
First Language
n/a
Primarily Uses
Hi everybody

I am new to rpg maker and have a simple yet complicated question (complicated for a noob (aka me))... How do you change the "Battle Hud" Via Scripting...
Pic in attachment!

THANK YOU

RenegadeForce (yes my new name is RenegadeForce!)

20combat4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that quote would be better in your signature.  Additionally, we can barely see anything in those screenshots since they are all lumped together and very small.  Any way of having the full resolution, individual images posted instead?

The Dragon God

Indie Game Dev, Concept Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like his Quote. But I agree put it as your signature by going to your profile, hit Edit your profile. On the left side there should be a list of options, one of them should say signature. Click that. 

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't really understand the question.  It's not made very clear, for me anyway.  What is it that you're looking to do?  What image background are you speaking of?

Aspetra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think what he is asking, is how to, through the use of scripts change the GUI of the combat scene. (Like what the Luna Engine is being designed to do.)

The Dragon God

Indie Game Dev, Concept Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm able to see his images clearly. It seems to me he wants to change the background image in the Battle Screen.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So you wanna change it in the middle of battle? take a look at yanfly's field states (yanfly.wordpress.com) coz it changes the battleback mid-game depending on field state

but if you simply want to have different battlebacks per battle, you can set a battleback per map by default using the map properties... if the battle is evented, you can also use event commands to change it before the battle... (these two are quite the basics of battles, so if you don't know it, I suggest you get more familiar with the maker for now)

It's called Battleback by the way, not BattleHUD...

Aspetra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe that is not what Renegade Force is looking for adiktuzmiko. See the graphical display in the bottom of all those screenshots that uses a parchment paper type graphic?

What Renegade Force is looking to do is change that part of the battles so it is not the default window that rpg maker uses, but instead use custom art to create the menu that displays the characters status in the battle, and the selection of actions in battle.

There is a script that is being developed called the Luna Engine that will do this with ease. However it is not released yet, although I am guessing through posts and updates it should be coming along pretty soon. Here is a link to the script webpage: http://divisionheaven.wordpress.com/scripts/luna-engine/

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Uhm, I said it because 

the Dragon G said

I'm able to see his images clearly. It seems to me he wants to change the background image in the Battle Screen.
then the OP said

Aspetra and The Dragon God hit the spot..

He said that you and TDG hit the spot, and all that TGD said was about the battleback... so I came up with that conclusion... I'm not saying that it's right, I was simply saying that at least it has a logic in it... XD...

Anyway if you want to change the HUD, well you need to know how to script in RGSS3... Else, wait until Luna is released...

RenegadeForce

Game Developer and Artist
Reaction score
First Language
n/a
Primarily Uses
well...I want to change the battleback! and the battle hud...But I solved the riddle to the battleback problem with yanfly field state script.. :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
so then, you're onto the harder part...

the windowskin isn't a problem since you just need a new one, but to get the others stats there, well it needs quite the scripting...

AFAIK, Luna will allow for easier modification of battle HUD, but IDK if it will include adding new things like those on that screenie...

The information displayed on the battle system are all binded into a constant. This is to ensure that the user can customize their GUIs without having to tinker with the script’s base code. The information binded into constants include: HP, MP, Gradient Bars, Battle Facesets/Portraits/Names, Battle Command Window, X and Y Coordinates and so forth.
If only those will be added as easily configurable constants, then it means that even with Luna, you still need some knowledge of scripting to add other things... 

Arisete™

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 Luna will allow for easier modification of battle HUD, but IDK if it will include adding new things like those on that screenie...
Luna Engine isn't coming out until 2014, or Mid-2014 considering how long it's been taking to come out now, so there isn't any reason to wait.

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get released ever.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Orbiting the cactus
unborn180.png
Here's this for an idea I might do: A Touhou RPG set in the universe of the Hoi4 mod "The New Order: Last Days of Europe". Expect BurgSys Yukari, the Great Fairy Trial, and funni clock Flandre
The thing I don't like about VRMMORPG anime is that they're unrealistic. I mean, we know we have a lot of ping issues, latency, and desync. Would be funny if you shoot a player and they immediately teleport somewhere because "ha, your internet suck!".
I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvikovv