KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hows it going, I'm trying to see if such a plugin or way of starting battles exists. Basically, in my game, I have battlers with collectible monsters that fight a long side them. However, it's kind of clunky for battles to start with everyone just there.

So I'm wondering if anyone has found any solution/plugin I could use to hide battlers(maybe using yanflys action sequences) and then reveal them all before the actual battle starts? I've seen a few battle intro plugins, but none of them seem to be able to effect the actual graphics(at least hiding them first thing). So does anyone have any ideas?

shadefoundry

Is Sinistar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't seen anything that really makes enemies run onto the screen like in Pokemon, unless you're feeling like using Yanfly's dramatic entrance tutorial. There is however a script called Emerge (Enemy) Animations by Mr. Trivel that will play a battle animation and fade the enemy battler into existence as it finishes. Maybe you could couple that with a script that lets you displace the enemy's sprite during animations to get the desired effect?

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, Yanfly's dramatic entrance works perfectly for what I wanted to do! Thanks for the sweet tip!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Revamped the crew for my VN about thirty times. Only character that's stayed constant has been the fungus character. Guess it really grew on me...
I want to work on my reboot, but I don't have time to do it. ;_;
4y195n.png
big image so i posted it as a spoiler
Just a reminder to back your projects up. Do it now! :yamero:
If there was an award for best game dev procrastination, I'd say 'meh, I'll pick it up tomorrow' >_>
Honestly though, I've been staring at the same half-made map for a while now haha! Ahhh, I'm so tired of mapping!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sysce