Not open for further replies.

Crossroadrpg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible to make items that are only usable in battle by specific classes. For instance, spell scrolls that would allow the 'wizard' class to cast spells in battle without using mana, and instead consuming the scroll?

I have search for this and all the topics that come up are related to people looking to make items that teach skills. This isn't exactly what I am looking for, as I really only need them to work in battle.

I have Visustella core, which states on the website under bug fixes.

"Unusable Battle Items​

If any party member is able to use an item in battle, then all party members are able to use said item, even if that party member is supposed to be unable to use that item. This is now changed so that battle items are checked on an individual basis and not on a party-wide basis."

Which leads me to believe that this is a core mechanic of the game, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, any party member can use an item in battle. Sounds like VS changes that so you can set it up on an actor-by-actor basis - not sure about classes though.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Crossroadrpg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By actor would be absolutely fine for what I need. I just cant find how to do it.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
<JS Item Enable>
enabled = user._classId === <id of class that can use item>
</JS Item Enable>

Crossroadrpg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ive never really tried to use javascript before. Do it put that in the notetag of the item or somewhere else?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In the notetag, yeah. You have to be using VisuStella's Items and Equips Core for it to work.

Crossroadrpg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Worked perfectly. Thank you.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally, deleted my Reddit account
I cant say I dont regret it, I honestly liked FMA subreddit, but nah, reddit succs
Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DMike