Ket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again, I've come to ask if there's a piece of code I can change, or a plugin I can add that will move the post-battle and escape messages to the top of the screen.

Right now, it is positioned at the bottom by default:
1611204504200.png 1611204529891.png

Ket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Ket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
bump

Am I to assume this is simply not able to be done?

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't tested this but look through 'rpg_managers.js' code for stuff like like this:

BattleManager.displayVictoryMessage = function() {
$gameMessage.add(TextManager.victory.format($gameParty.name()));
};

and add this line before so it turns into this:

$gameMessage.setPositionType(0); //I believe: '0' is top, '1' is mid and '2' is bottom
};

• Love
Reactions: Ket

Ket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
$gameMessage.setPositionType(0); //I believe: '0' is top, '1' is mid and '2' is bottom
};
Thank you so much! Is there a way for the victory message to display one line at a time instead of three?

Also, is there a manual or something that shows all possible functions for RMMV like this? I never would have guessed "PositionType" was possible, nor would I have been able to figure out that '0' was top, '1' was mid, and '2' was bottom. I'm still pretty new to Java, but I feel like it would help me learn.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much! Is there a way for the victory message to display one line at a time instead of three?
Hm. I'm sorry I'm not very familiar with the default RM battle system so I'm not sure. If you use Yanfly Message Core maybe try adding "\!" in the Terms tab after each victory message that plays in the same textbox? I personally prefer these messages playing in the Battle Log in the background or in an Aftermatch window (there are some plugins out there that do that).
Also, is there a manual or something that shows all possible functions for RMMV like this? I never would have guessed "PositionType" was possible, nor would I have been able to figure out that '0' was top, '1' was mid, and '2' was bottom. I'm still pretty new to Java, but I feel like it would help me learn.
I don't think there is anything like that afaik o.o I think most people who develop plugins and the like became really familiar with the code (aka studying class by class to know how it all works, RMMV gives us open source code so it's all there naked for us to see!). Even small edits can go a long way in customizing your game and it's not that difficult to open Notepad++ and search (ctrl+f) for something specific :D

Good luck!

Reactions: Ket

Ket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm. I'm sorry I'm not very familiar with the default RM battle system so I'm not sure. If you use Yanfly Message Core maybe try adding "\!" in the Terms tab after each victory message that plays in the same textbox? I personally prefer these messages playing in the Battle Log in the background or in an Aftermatch window (there are some plugins out there that do that).

I don't think there is anything like that afaik o.o I think most people who develop plugins and the like became really familiar with the code (aka studying class by class to know how it all works, RMMV gives us open source code so it's all there naked for us to see!). Even small edits can go a long way in customizing your game and it's not that difficult to open Notepad++ and search (ctrl+f) for something specific :D

Good luck!
I see, thank you for your time! This still really helped!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I once thought about a boss gauntled game. I actually did it.
Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Feel free to drop by!
Snippet from a game I'm working on. Not much happening here. Mostly look at atmosphere. May upload a longer version. Still need to make up some enemy arts.
Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spectrallax