Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian.
Primarily Uses
So I'm making a small experimental game for me and my friends using resources from other games such as Final Fantasy and Earthbound, naturally I need a battle theme.

I go on YouTube and use this YouTube to MP3/.OGG converter to get an .ogg of Earthbound's battle theme. (It was 30 minutes long if it matters).

I put into the BGM folder, select it and the first thing I notice is that it doesn't play while I'm in the selection menu which was weird, but I didn't mind it.

So naturally, I go to test it out, but the Battle Test window quickly closes/crashes, even the name of my enemy barely appeared. 

I tried with a different song that was shorter, around 15 minutes, and this time it didn't crash my game, but it lagged REALLY bad and the song didn't play, just like last time.

So, can someone help out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1.) It's 30 minutes long

2.) It's a very big file which causes problems for MV to play it.

Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian.
Primarily Uses
I thought about that, but I don't want it to stop in the middle of a battle.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Most battle themes are 90 - 120 seconds or less for this very reason (look up how long the FF battle musics are on the official soundtrack, FFX's I think is 2 minutes). What they do instead is loop the music so it doesn't stop.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can hopefully move onto doing visual effects and sound design now. :kaophew:

The latest RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Let's jump into Kamigami: Clash of the Gods!

Title Screen 100% Finished
Evangeline.png
I'm starting to enjoy doing pixel art! Not to mention it's getting easier to do commissions :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrMomake