Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Battle Pop-ups v1.2a
Created by Neon Black

What is it?
This is a script I developed to show a little more information during battle that may be useful to the player. In my opinion, when a player uses a skill, they want to keep their eyes on the flashy skill, not on the info box watching for how much damage they dealt, so I added fancy little pop ups that will pop out of an enemy and arc downward. I was also a little annoyed that Ace had no way to see what status effects an enemy was afflicted with, so I added something that shows those as well. And finally, just because it was only a few lines, I modified how skill boxes are displayed to make them shorter if you have less skills. The other additions I had in this script have been removed as of version 1.2. These changes are still present in CP's Battle Engine and Scan Enemy.

How can I use it?
Simply place this script anywhere above main and below the default scripts. This script has a few options that need to be set in order for it to work properly. There are also a few tags that may be placed in a state's notebox to change what the pop-up will look like.

• pop add[text] -or- pop remove[text] - These tags include the text that is displayed when a state is added or removed. If you don't want a pop-up when the state is added or removed, leave the tag empty, for example "pop add[]".
  • pop add color[12] -or- pop remove color[key] - These tags change the color of the pop-up displayed. When the tag includes a number, it will be that color from the window skin. When the tag includes a text, it will be that key from the COLOURS has of the config section of the script.
  • pop add style[type] -or- pop remove style[type] - These tags change the pop-up style for the text when the state is added or removed. As of version 1.2 there are 4 styles: bounce, raise, slow_raise, and zoom. Replace the word "type" with the name of the style you want the pop-up to use.
What does it look like?
fVcNp.png
What does it work with?
This should work with most battle systems and most other scripts. It is worth noting however that this script overwrites display_added_states, display_removed_states, display_changed_buffs, and display_buffs from the Window_BattleLog class, so this may prevent it from working with scripts that modify these. If you are using CP's Battle Engine and still want to have damage pop-ups, I will leave version 1.1 available for now until the engine is upgraded.

How can I get the script?
Version 1.2a (base script, 11.11.2012) is available from my pastebin account here.

I would like to use this code.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://cphouseset.wo...d-terms-of-use/.

Author's Disclaimer:
Day 5 of my week of scripts more or less. Pretty much the entire disclaimer I had here when it was originally posted no longer matters. It was talking about something that is no longer present in this script. Anyway, I always did like having pop-ups. I almost got pretty excessive with the pop-ups I had and I DO plan to add more, but the four I have for now are pretty nice. As always, enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are just grinding these out, aren't you? Wow though, you are doing one hell of a job this week. And this script is probably one of the best (my favorite, however, being Scale Encounters).

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Well, I was kinda backlogged on scripts, so some of them are nearing a month old, though about half of them are from just earlier this week. After this I'd like to release one new script a week, but we'll see if that really happens. Anyway, the next two are two of my favorite scripts I've made and I practically can't go without the last one now that I'm actually starting to make it useful. Anyway, glad you like this and hope you can use it!

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reading Console Ace both scares and excites me. I want to know what it is so bad, but I dont want to ruin the surprise, lol.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Just a little sugestion,it will great if those scripts were separate,in case someone wants to use it with another systems.

This is a nice script Neon Black,thanks you very much.

Excuse me for my bad English...

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Just a little sugestion,it will great if those scripts were separate,in case someone wants to use it with another systems.

This is a nice script Neon Black,thanks you very much.

Excuse me for my bad English...
I am actually considering doing this in the near future when I update my battle engine. I'll probably make it possible to turn either of them off. And thanks! I don't consider this one of my better scripts, but at this point I'm so used to seeing it even I started to like it.

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
This script has been updated to 1.2. Changes include the following:

The default "bounce" style of pop-up has been modified. It now follows a more rounded arc as well as bouncing not just once, but twice.

A zoom in style of slow raise, and quick raise styles of pop-up have been added. A hash was added to the config allowing you to change which of the pop-ups use these styles.

Pop-ups for states and buffs have been added as well as pop-ups for regen and slip damage.

Modifications to the skill and item windows are no longer made by this script.

Enemy info is no longer displayed by this script, but don't remove your "hide hp" and other tags because those will be used by another script coming out soon!

Currently, this script may have some unforseen issues with version 1.0a or earlier of CP's Battle Engine. These will be fixed in version 1.1 of the battle engine which will be released in the next few days.

To get the new script, check the main post!

Revenant of Anubis

Admin of Chronalis and Creator of it's RPG
Reaction score
First Language
HTML, NERD & RP
Primarily Uses
Question seeing the looks of it.. and getting the idea for the bounce of the numbered damage... is there a way to put a sort of emphasis on let's say a critical hit? So normal damage non crit would bounce but maybe a crit would show the damage larger and more in your face when you do it to a foe... and using the same with your mode 2 faces on your battle system, place the numbers of the damage dealt above thier head... dunno if you ever played some of the final fantasy games or I think it was called Arcana for SNES but when you took damage it put the numbers above that character hit so you know the damage your taking... just an idea to integrate it with your awesome battle system.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamegialap