Medo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am trying to create a battle but some problems faced me while creating it :

• The battle background I chose don't appear when the "battle process" ,so the background becomes the map itself like in the picture!
  • when the enemy attack it always attack with zero damage 

Please help me solve theses two problems ,It's first time to create a ...so please help and thanks :)  

dfghjk.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tech-support is for getting the editors to run

Have you set the battleback in the map properties? The battlebach choice in the troop database is only for arranging the enemies and has absolutely no effect ingame

If the enemies attack for 0 damage, then either you changed the attack skill (always skill #1) or the attack values are too low for the actor defense

Medo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tech-support is for getting the editors to run

Have you set the battleback in the map properties? The battlebach choice in the troop database is only for arranging the enemies and has absolutely no effect ingame

If the enemies attack for 0 damage, then either you changed the attack skill (always skill #1) or the attack values are too low for the actor defense
@Andar How to set the battleback in the map properties? , and does it have anything with a plugin that I have to install ?

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Medo When you create or edit a map there is a box you can check called "specify battleback" That once checked will activate a dropdown list for all the stored battlebacks and let you choose what you want for that map. There is also the change battleback command, that you could use right before initiating the battle if you aren't using random encounters. Changing the battleback in the troops tab is just for your battle tests, and won't effect what those troops fight on when encountered in the actual game.

As for your second question, it's kind of impossible to answer without more information. What is the enemy's stats, what are the target's stats, and what is your damage formula? Without this information we have no way of knowing whether what you are speaking of is an error of sorts or whether your math might just be wrong somewhere. We can theorize all day but we can't really help you with the information provided above.

You really should take a look at some of the tutorials in Andar's signature above, you ask a lot of questions here but 90% of them seem to be very basic questions that most people would figure out simply by playing around with the software as they acclimate themselves to it. It's okay to take your time and allow yourself a learning curve before ambition kicks in and drives your project forward. Everyone has to learn whatever system they happen to be working with but it's always better to learn the basics before you've invested in an actual project and not merely as you go along, to easy to make an unsalvageable mess that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acelaces