KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a really weird thing I just happened to come by. I'm not quite sure if it's my software itself or if it's a common occurence.

But basically, any events where I have some kind of event trigger(like an enemy using a certain attack or text before the battle starts), I'm finding that, if the entire party gets killed, the battle keeps going and the enemies just keep using skills on no one. I don't have an plugins for troop events installed either.

Is it possible that a plugin is causing this bug? Or is this normal? Thanks in advance!

Attached are two examples:

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are those videos from your game? If so, you are clearly using a plugin that changes the battle a lot - try disabling it and see if that fixes it. If it does, problem solved, even though you can't use that battle system. If it does not work, could you post a list of all your plugins?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have battles where the entire party gets killed and the battle DOES end?

My first guess would be that you wanted to start the game with fewer than 4 players, but instead of deleting them in the System tab where you set the starting party, you actually deleted them in the Actors tab. I believe doing that can cause this to happen.

KingKraken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah regular battles that had no eventing, worked just fine!

I spent a couple hours, testing plugins on/off. Turns out one of Yanfly's battle systems(STB) which has been discontinued and just doesn't work 1:1 with the rest of the up to date ones. It's interesting because nothing else is giving me issues. But such is life! Thanks for the help guys.

Edit: It HAS been discontinued.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hasn't been discontinued, or has been discontinued?

Check your plugin order - if it's an incompatibility, changing the order might help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Took me almost a year to flesh out this concept but hey, now it works.
01.gif
Part 1 of 24 pieces of our world map
I've finished (most of) the sprites for two of my main characters, Ashlyn and Lizzabelle. And I've already drawn actual artwork of Lizzabelle and Suki months ago. I can't wait to show some of my stuff. I'm hesitant because their outfits aren't my own original design, which must be changed before I get too serious with this.
Heh, um. I've spent $1500~ so far for my game. Most of that went into purchasing some software I need, as well as some commissions. But still, I didn't realize I had spent so much since the beginning of October.

Do not trust me with money, lol.
Working on my first ideas for a tileset... I really don't know if anyone would like or even want my style.

k5a4BHk.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike_0709