Loch_LeBlanc

It's super ineffective.. ya dork!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm making an undertale-esque fangame and I am looking for a plugin that works like a QTE; in this case, I want the player to press a sequence of keys, in which if they do not succeed, they will take damage.

The QTE begins every enemy turn, as if it's used to prevent taking damage from attacks.

Actors will still have their normal actions that don't involve QTE, so basically that remains unchanged.

Demonstration vvvv
Undertale Battle Demo

**I am also not looking for SUMRNDMDDE's Undertale Battle Plugin, as I want to make my own system using plugins, again it's undertale-esque meaning similar but not identical.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This one, maybe?

Another option, if you want more control over exactly how things look and react, is to event it.
I'd recommend a plugin that lets you run a common event after action invocation starts but before the result is calculated/applied to the target, e.g. YEP Action Sequences:
Then the QTE could be a common event that sets a variable or something based on the result. (It might be feasible to use Force Action to follow the QTE with an appropriate result, but I imagine that would get clunky fast.)

You can make the QTE outcome (e.g. a variable value) affect the skill result. For example:
  • Reference a result variable in the formula, like 100 * v[1]; or
  • Use an if...else in the action sequence to perform entirely different actions.
In case it helps, here's a formula/action sequence from a demo I made years ago:
Common event 1 is a QTE that sets variable 1 equal to a value from 0~15 inclusive.

Damage formula: (14 - v[1]) * a.atk

Requires YEP action sequence packs 1 & 2. Enemy attack with a quick-press defence! See common event #1 for details. <target action> change variable 1 = 0 wait for movement if target.isActor() common event: 1 else change variable 1 = Math.randomInt(16) end move user: target, front base, 20 wait for movement motion thrust: target, no weapon motion attack: user motion wait: user action animation: target action effect: target death break wait: 30 </target action>
If you want tips on eventing a QTE, this tutorial may be helpful:

Loch_LeBlanc

It's super ineffective.. ya dork!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*GASP* THAT'S PERFECT!!
Thanks so much! You're a lifesaver! :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

RushLog wrote on HarlekinLehl's profile.
how do you attach those images to your posts?
I picked up FF III pixel remaster for the mobile discount sale. I guess that's on my plate after I finish Lunar Silver Star Story. That said, I am strongly considering an entry for the IGMC 2022 since an idea came to me for this year's theme.
Map033.png Road to the ruins of the temple of light you'll be exploring after leaving Teytal. Can I get some Yays?
I just bought VN Maker with 75% off, just for the assets.
IGMC is back everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crizzaro