Battle QTE System - v1.2 (17/02/2015)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Sixth, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    - Script:

- Compatibility Patches:
    For TheoAllen's Sideview Battle System (TSBS):

First of all, my Battle QTE System should be placed below all of Theo's SBS scripts to make sure that all of the functions will work properly!
    After this, you will need to disable Theo's Bitmap Extra Addons in order for my script to work. You can do that by simply searching for this in Theo's Basic Modules:

Code:
    $imported[:Theo_BitmapAddons] = true
    Change the 'true' to 'false' there (without the ' signs, obviously).
    And to fix some of the QTE effects, you will need to add this little snippet below my Battle QTE System script:

This should eliminate every issue for Theo's SBS. If not, report to me!

- Resources:
    If you need a basic circle image, you can use these:
    - Main circle:
    battlecircle1.png
    - Background circle:
    battlecircleback2.png
    The default, sample settings use these images.
    The screenshots below shows how these look like.

- Screenshots:
    qte1.PNG qte2.PNG qte3.PNG

- Author's Notes:
    - This system is based off on my un-released QTE mini-game. There might be some dead code bits left from that script inside. :p
    ----------------
    - This system is fresh and haven't been tested with many custom battle scripts.
    Compatibility requests are welcome, but I can't guarantee that I can or will make a patch for the script you want.

The QTE system has been tested on:
    - Yanfly's Battle Engine (no issues found)
    - Yami's Battle Symphony (no issues found)
    - TheoAllen's Theolized Sideview Battle System (needs a patch, can be found below)

Planned compatibility patches:
    - Falcao's Liquid Pearl ABS (will take awhile...)
    For any other battle systems, I will think about it.
    ----------------
    - I haven't asked for permission to upload the required files for this system, and I won't plan on doing that. The 1st and 2nd can be found in the FyxInput demo project, and the last one, well, google it, I am sure you can find it! :p
    ----------------
    - While this script is free to use, FenixFyreX's FyxInput is NOT! Contact him if you want to use that script in a commercial project!
    This script can NOT operate without that script, and will not operate without it ever, I guess.
    That's all for now, folks!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I might use this. Can you tie it into various things like critical hits, secondary effects, extra damage, counter attack, defend, ect?

3. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Turns out I uploaded the wrong version. >.>

It missed a module from my script.

I uploaded the working version now, so if you downloaded it before this post appeared, re-download it!

Sorry about this! *-*

The script is now tested with:

-Yanfly's Battle Engine

-Yami's Battle Symphony

Both seems to work flawlessly, thought I might add a few visual effects before starting the QTE for Symphony later.

@Oddball

Currently it won't change how skills/items work.

I might look into doing what you ask, already wondered about it. :)

Edit:

Script updated!

Now you have full control over your QTEs!

Refer to the change-logs to see what's changed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  4. lexietanium

lexietanium Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog :P
    :I have i told u how awesome you are? Yes? Maybe? Well you are!

Im learning java script right now and it's teaching me the structure and logic of languages. I hope i can be good enough like you when i start learning ruby more

Sixth likes this.
  5. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks! :D

Learning ruby is fun for sure! :)

I am thinking about learning java too. *-*

And I also updated this script...

I packed in quite a lot of new features in it, so refer to the change-logs to see the detailed info about them!

Edit2:

Added compatibility info for Theo's SBS!

A little patch has been added for it too, which is needed for TSBS!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    Dragon Brother likes this.
  6. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

C-C-C-Cashmere (old) Resident Weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Whoa this looks fantastic. Thoroughly original.

Sixth likes this.
  7. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Hey, the script looks interesting, but I'm a little confused about the installation process. Where do I get all that stuff? Escpecially those:

#   - msvcrt-ruby191.dll
    #   - fyxinput.so
    #   - TRGSSX.dll

I'm also wondering, if you still have that qte mini game script? I'm looking for QTE outside of battle.

8. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    As I wrote in the opening post, the first two can be found in the demo for FyxInput.

Here is the direct link to that topic:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/34073-fyxinput/?hl=fyxinput

The TRGSSX.dll can be found at Blackmorning's site, for example. Here is a link to his Advanced Status menu:

http://bmscripts.weebly.com/advanced-yea-status.html#.VRrdrPmUdBw

You can find a download link for TRGSSX there.

I didn't want to put any other link for that dll, because I know for sure that the link there is the correct dll, as I have tested and used that one too.

At the moment my laptop said "bye-bye world!", and the only copy of that mini-game is on my laptop.

I can share that script too once (if) I manage to get my HDD out of my old laptop and install it on another PC to get my data from it.

Although that mini-game is written for a new scene, not for Scene_Map, so it can't be used as is on the map itself.

9. C117

C117 Warper Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Well, I would like to try out this script because I've been looking for something like it, but I'm having some problems getting it to work. Probably because I'm not very good at RPG Maker or scripting...

Anyway, every time I try to enter combat, I get an error message, that says:

Script 'QTE Battle System' line 1161:NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method for 'draw_spoke' for #<BitMap:0x9281d84>

Note that the value for BitMap always changes, it never seems to be the same value.

Is it simply because I'm missing some pictures or something like that? Or is there something else?

10. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Have you installed all the required scripts? It seems like you are missing KGC's Bitmap Extension script.

You need to install all of the required scripts AND you need to have all the required files before you can use this script.

11. C117

C117 Warper Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Yeah, that's probably it. Gonna poke around and see if I can find those scripts and then check back.

12. C117

C117 Warper Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Well, finding that KGC Script was a bit harder than I thought, but I finally managed to find it. And after fiddling around for a bit, I managed to get it to run, so now I can finally try out your script. I'll be back if I run into more problems.

13. gaiden

gaiden Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    I just installed this script including all the components required to run it. This may be a stupid question but: whenever I tested these scripts with the default attack in my game, it works great but the graphic for the key required for the QTE is not displayed.

I am wondering if I need to import the key graphics into "pictures" like I had to for the "battlecircle1" and "battlecircleback2" from either you or an outside source such as fenixfyr? Or if this is a glitch I need to fix.

14. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The button graphics are from your icon sheet. You can assign an icon for each buttons in the script settings.

15. Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother Survive, Adapt, Infest. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    How does this system work? put in a script reference in the notes or call an event?

16. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No note-tags for this script at all. 

You must set up everything in the script itself, in the configuration area.

There are a lot of comments to explain what each settings do, and a few sample settings as well. I know that it is a lot to read, but it must be read regardless.

When you set up your skills/items in the script, it will be loaded automatically in the game.

There are too many settings for the skills/items to make note-tags for them, that is why I made all the settings in the script itself.

Dragon Brother likes this.
  17. Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother Survive, Adapt, Infest. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I see, alright then, I'll give it a shot! Thank you.

18. BlakeP

BlakeP Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This script sounds amazing but I have 2 issues

Firstly when ever I try to play my game it comes up with the error message: "Script 'QTE Battle System' line 381: NameError occurred. uninitialized constant SixthBattleQTE::VKeys"

at first I thought this was because I didn't have all the files and when I got them all it stopped but suddenly it started showing the message again and I cant find any problem :/
    Secondly in the time it was working it didn't show the icons for the keys. I assume we just add on to the iconset but that doesn't seem to work, am I doing something wrong or was it just bugging out?
    Please help

19. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Make sure to put the QTE script below all of the required scripts in your script editor.

The icons shown for the buttons can be set in the 'ButtonSetup' settings, with the :graphic option.

I was wondering why people kept asking me this thing, and now that I check it, I forgot to put in the explanation of that setting in the details. Still, it can be seen in the layout example, so it still shouldn't be that hard to see. 

Anyway, just set up the index of the icon with that setting and it should show up (if there is a displayable icon on that index, that is).

The sample settings use index numbers which are way higher than what the default iconset has, so you will have to adjust those settings to match your iconset.

20. BlakeP

BlakeP Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ah ok thanks

Yea I already worked out the index thing and it still wasn't working but its good now because reasons? Guess it was just being weird haha
    Thanks for the help

Super awesome script btw I love it :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016