Beleros

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there...

Is anyone having this issue too? I used the monster teams that comes in default in RPG maker MZ, but I walk around the map and they never appear...

Anyone know how to fix or what I'm doing wrong?

I checked the Plugins and when I switch them off works the encounters....

Anyone knows wich plugin from visustella blocks the encounters??? The battle one is not the right, I already checked

View attachment 237074

View attachment 237077

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
several possibilities

1) there is an option to turn off random encounters by event command. If you ever turned them off, they remain off until another command is used to turn them on again,
place an event on the map to activate them, then try again.

2) if you load a savefile, you also load the old data, old map and old settings.
this might or might not cause problems if you changed too much between making the save and your current project status. so test it with a new game.

3) random encounters can only happen if there is no event that is processed.
fill the map with events and you'll never get random encounters, even if the events are invisible and passable.

4) several plugins can directly turn off encounters for one or other reasons.
make sure that you don't have one of them.

5) several plugins can indirectly disable encounters, for example if you have region common events then any region with a common event disables the encounter (see 3)

6) do the troops have enemies inside?
the name of the troop can be wrong, especially if you deleted enemies without deleting the troops containing them. and if a random encounter happens on an empty troop, nothing will happen.

Beleros

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
several possibilities

1) there is an option to turn off random encounters by event command. If you ever turned them off, they remain off until another command is used to turn them on again,
place an event on the map to activate them, then try again.

2) if you load a savefile, you also load the old data, old map and old settings.
this might or might not cause problems if you changed too much between making the save and your current project status. so test it with a new game.

3) random encounters can only happen if there is no event that is processed.
fill the map with events and you'll never get random encounters, even if the events are invisible and passable.

4) several plugins can directly turn off encounters for one or other reasons.
make sure that you don't have one of them.

5) several plugins can indirectly disable encounters, for example if you have region common events then any region with a common event disables the encounter (see 3)

6) do the troops have enemies inside?
the name of the troop can be wrong, especially if you deleted enemies without deleting the troops containing them. and if a random encounter happens on an empty troop, nothing will happen.
Thanks Andar!

I found the issue.... It was the option core canceling the effect.... I just search every plugin....

I though at the first moment that was my engine with problems... tks

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just search every plugin....
every experienced RM-user always tells to configure any plugin first and completely when you add it, before doing anything else (or adding any other plugin).
if you do this you would at minimum have seen that option and perhaps remembered it before posting here.

Beleros

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
every experienced RM-user always tells to configure any plugin first and completely when you add it, before doing anything else (or adding any other plugin).
if you do this you would at minimum have seen that option and perhaps remembered it before posting here.

Wow... This was really rude! Why every veteran is like that here?
If new people asks questions is exactly to learn... And for sure they don't know how to configure plugins or java like a expert.

If Veterans don't want newbie stupid questions... Just please don't answer it.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow... This was really rude! Why every veteran is like that here?
If new people asks questions is exactly to learn... And for sure they don't know how to configure plugins or java like a expert.

If Veterans don't want newbie stupid questions... Just please don't answer it.
Andar wasn't being rude, or at least not intentionally. It's bad form to just add every plugin you like without configuring it first, because it can cause problems. Much like you just experienced, in fact.

No one minds when people ask questions to things they genuinely do not know. The issue arises only when people prove they don't even read the instructions to the things they download, then come running for help because they didn't take the time out to make sure they knew what they were doing. It doesn't take an expert to configure a plugin. That's what the help file in each plugin is for. Only some of the more complicated plugins require any Javascript knowledge.

All you have to do is read through each plugin's help file and configure whatever parameters need to be set up. If you need help with that part, we're here to help.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's just silly. There's nothing "expert" about configuring plugins, all of the parameters are in plain English and usually have you selecting from a drop-down list.

None of that has to do with JavaScript (which is what MZ's engine is written in, not Java).

Telling someone "read the instructions for the thing you just got" isn't rude, it's basic common sense for any product that you obtain in your life.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INKYLIKE