Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi

So i have a small function i use to allow for foldered pictures that works great everywhere but in battle common events

SO there's no plugin conflict as i get the same failure in a clean project

is there a different screen call $gamescreen.pictures call in battle processing that i cant find in the script call list?
1618091949089.png
1618092128747.png

the same event works perfectly outside of battling which makes me think the call is different in battles ?

Could anyone help a poor newbie out :rtear:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Pictures are stored separately for map and battle; you need to convert the input ID to the "real" ID.

If you fetch the picture using the picture method (recommended!) then the ID conversion is automatic, e.g.
JavaScript:
$gameScreen.picture(pictureId)._name = newPicture;
This applies to both RMMV and RMMZ.

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pictures are stored separately for map and battle; you need to convert the input ID to the "real" ID.

If you fetch the picture using the picture method (recommended!) then the ID conversion is automatic, e.g.
JavaScript:
$gameScreen.picture(pictureId)._name = newPicture;
This applies to both RMMV and RMMZ.
Ah thats what i figured mus be happening, rhanks :ewat:

Do you know or know where its called from i'll probably need to make an addition for this but first i have to find out what its actually doing with it
i,e where do i find the 'real ID' you mention

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Like I said, I would recommend getting the picture via the picture method designed exactly for this purpose, partly for neatness and partly for compatibility with other plugins.

You can get the real picture ID from a per-scene ID by using the realPictureId method of Game_Screen (cf rmmz_objects.js), e.g.
JavaScript:
const realId = $gameScreen.realPictureId(12);

Monkeynugget

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Like I said, I would recommend getting the picture via the picture method designed exactly for this purpose, partly for neatness and partly for compatibility with other plugins.

You can get the real picture ID from a per-scene ID by using the realPictureId method of Game_Screen (cf rmmz_objects.js), e.g.
JavaScript:
const realId = $gameScreen.realPictureId(12);
Thanks again for responding

Alas the default method of leaving an unfoldered pictures folder is something i just cant live with.

However if its just the battle images, they are far smaller in number and might be not worth the hassle. However thanks for giving me the realpicture call id

Its really helpful :kaoluv:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:
woods.pngshop.jpgboss.jpgRoom.png

Mapping is becoming so much easier!
FirestormNeos wrote on Neikoku's profile.
the cat in your profile picture is adorable
Are the default-size "chibi" sprites really a bad thing for a project? I'm not planning to sell my game anyway but I was wondering if they were as hated as some videos seem to claim...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gh05tinblack