Battle Sprite shown on map?

2DGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello all, I was just wondering if any has seen a plug in or knows of  away to show the battle sprite on the map? Does not need to be used in a battle system might be used as a animated sprite just sitting on the map. 

I was thinking that if no one has, could you make a new animation sheet and import it in to the data base and then use the command show animation on this event to show the sprite need?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The battle spritesheets are obviously formatted very differently to those of characters on the map.

The similar thing is that each pose has 3 frames of animation, but that's where it stops.  Battle sprites don't have different directions and they're much larger than the regular character sprites so they will look VERY different.

But yes, you could create a spritesheet and copy/paste the frames from the battle sprites, and that will allow you to use them on the map, but you'd be pretty limited in what you could do with them.

2DGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks I was able to get it working last night, thanks again Shaz :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enkidu