First Language
Pidgin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Battle Stacks v 1.0.0
RPG Maker MV Plugin
Sniperkaos

What does it do?
I wanted to make a boss that progressively gets stronger, to encourage players to use critical thinking and strategy to defeat a boss instead of cheesing it with infinite heal loops and the such. Instead of increasing ATK and MATK, I decided instead to create a "Stacking" feature.

How do I use it?

Getting Started:
- You will have to uncomment the "Game_S_Database" part of the file.
Using in battle:
- To add a stack to an enemy, you can use Post-Damage Eval from Yanfly Skill Core.
- Example:
<Post-Damage Eval>
$gameStackHandler.stack(a,1);
</Post-Damage Eval>
- Or, if you'd like to use a Script instead, you can use $gameTroop._enemies[index]. Either way will work.
- To get the stacks an enemy (or ally) has, use the $gameStackHandler.stackForBattler(Battler) function. You can use this in damaging skills, for example a single target skill, such as:
<Pre-Damage Eval>
value = (a.atk * 4 - b.def) * $gameStackHandler.stackForBattler(a)
</Pre-Damage Eval>
- When a battle is completed, if you are using an actor with the StackHandler, or an enemy you would like to reuse, call the $gameStackHandler.resetBattler(Battler) function, battler being the actor from $gameActors, or the enemy in $gameTroop.

Plugin in the attached files. I had a demo, but it's too large to upload.

Screenshot of it working:
screenshot2.PNG

Please give suggestions, I would love to hear feedback on what I could do more as I am not a very creative person.

Attachments

• S_Battle_Stacks.js
    2 KB · Views: 11

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
demo's can be uploaded by dropbox/mediafire or itch.com if you have any.
directly to the forum is indeed to big.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Life is strange. I am currently in a train-the-trainer course for Fraud Docs and Counterfeiting Techniques. And our assignment last night was to make several counterfeit documents using simple tools like Paint and such. And I actually learned stuff that might be helpful in trying to make/edit things for RM assets. I don't think that is what the course developer had in mind! :)
Onward to more RM game dev glory.... in about 14 minutes. :LZSexcite:
grief rpg maker... why oh why did I have to jump through like 30 hoops to (hopefully) have fixed the engine targeting ko'd people during multi hit/random attacks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalseCrow