Battle Symphony + Paper Dolls.

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Mawichan, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Mawichan

Mawichan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello there! So I'm using Yami's Battle Engine Symphony and Vlue's Paper Dolls.
    Paper Dolls is a visual equipment script that works by overlaying equipment sprites on top of the character sprites.
    I noticed that it doesn't work when the character enters the battle scene (so it just looks naked LoL). It seems the original script is only taking into account the on-map display of the sprite, or maybe symphony is not allowing it to display in battle.
    So I'm sure either of those two scripts needs patching or modification.
    Could anyone please help me make it show up? Or tell me if it cannot be done or if it's not simple to do. There's another visual equip script that does work in battle, but complicates other aspects of the game I'm making so I'd rather not use it if I can help it.
    Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSS3x Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Oops, sorry, I forgot to actually move it. My apologies.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  3. DownwardSpiral

DownwardSpiral I need help, thanks. Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm not sure if I'm necroposting here, but I have a question... What's the other script you're referring to? I'm using Modern Algebra's one and that works fine. You may need to contact Vlue if you want a patch, methinks.

4. Mawichan

Mawichan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It could be considered necroposting, though I, as the creator of this thread, don't really mind. I don't even know if me posting here on my own thread counts as necropost...
    Vlue's script is linked in my post, assuming that's the one you're referring to. Vlue is not really working on scripts for xv ace anymore. So honestly I haven't even tried to reach out to him. I did for a smaller and different issue I had with that same script a while back and never got a reply from him. Anyway. I had never seen Modern Algebra's script, which is weird to me since I had spent several hours searching and experimenting with different scripts with this kind of function. At first glance it looks great. I'll definitely try it out. Thank you very much for providing a link!!

DownwardSpiral likes this.