You Clod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever I try to run a battle test or just a normal battle in-game I always get this message (see picture) and I don't know how to fix it.
I know updating my game to 1.6 or whatever could maybe help but I'm actually happy with 1.5 and I was using 1.1 prior to that.
I also tested all of my plugins but even if I deinstall them all this message still popped up.
I tried copying the game files into a new game but it still wouldn't work.

I'm getting kind of desperate since my game was supposed to be battle centered.
If anybody could help me solve this issue I'd be forever grateful.

Attachments

• Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    100.7 KB · Views: 16

Andar

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"of undefined" means that you have a reference to something that doesn't exist.

in most cases that means that your plugin configuration is wrong, with the plugin configuration containing pointers to parts that do not exist in your database.

can you give us a screenshot of your plugin manager, then we can start checking it for mistakes.

and make sure that you start a new playtest, sometimes loading older savefiles causes this error as well

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure if this is a plugin problem or just an old save, so for now...

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

You Clod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have quite a lot of plugins at the moment since I'm still figuring out which I want to use.
Like I said I even deinstalled them all and deleted them from my plugin folder but it still showed the same error message.

Attachments

• Screenshot (53).png
    Screenshot (53).png
    293.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (53).png
    Screenshot (53).png
    293.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (56).png
    Screenshot (56).png
    264 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (57).png
    Screenshot (57).png
    271 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (58).png
    Screenshot (58).png
    319.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    322.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (60).png
    Screenshot (60).png
    325.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (61).png
    Screenshot (61).png
    354.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (62).png
    Screenshot (62).png
    328.8 KB · Views: 5

Andar

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK. Your answer basically shows that you ignored several basic rules about plugins.
so let's start.

1) whenever you add a plugin, you need to configure it correctly first and test it BEFORE adding the next plugin.
From your post it is very likely that you simply added them believing that they would automatically work without problems, which is wrong.
Because otherwise you would be able to tell "I got this error after I added plugin xy".

2) it is absolutely impossible to get the same error message when starting a new game after all plugins have been removed.
because the error message contains references to plugins, and those references can't be there when all plugins are correctly removed.

which means either you didn't remove the plugins correctly, or you loaded a saved file instead of starting a new game in playtest.
The second case is due to part of the plugins being stored in the savefile - that makes older savefiles incompatible when changing the order or combination of installed plugins.

3) several of your yanfly plugins are in the wrong order.
please correct the order of your yanfly plugins to follow EXACTLY the order in which they are listed on his website.

4) please open your project folder and check if it contains a folder www.
This should not be the case, because www is a deployment only folder - if it is in your project folder, then you made the mistake of deploying into it, and that always damages your project and your playtest.
if you have a www folder then report that here and we can tell you how to repair your project.

You Clod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok wow thank you for your quick reply.
I just thought I could add the plugins and turn them on if I needed them and that I only needed to put the yanfly plugins under their core plugins and I don't have a www folder or anything.
I'm now going to delete the plugins from the folder and only add the ones I'm actually using right now one after another.

Thank you so much, I'll update you wether it worked or not.

Andar

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is no need to delete them from the folder, the critical point is if they are in the plugin manager or not.

You Clod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've now rearranged the plugins using yanflys order and got rid of the ones that I don't use and it works.
Well, the battle test doesn't work and shows the same old error screen but it works ingame which is all I ever wanted.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the future, make sure you test every plugin you add before you add others, and be extra sure to read through their help files carefully so you can avoid this problem.

Andar

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, the battle test doesn't work
battletest uses shortcuts to get to the battle faster, but a lot of plugins get disabled by those shortcuts.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks to my last two calendar days, the goddess can now join your heroes' party and whack your enemies with the power of love!
1702314770604.png
How are you gonna use all those new resources from the calendars?
I hate driving in games. Imagine your character profile being an exceptional individual, yet when they drive, it makes them look dumb.
The flaming skeleton visited me in my dreams again. He demands the game be finished soon. I don't like the flaming skeleton. He took my cranberry juice. He doesnt even have a stomach it just spilled all over the floor.
My Game Jam entry is a bunch of mini games wrapped within an epic story that will rival the deepest plots of the earliest CRPGs! As a small spoiler, here is one example of a game you will be able to play. Anyone want to try Brat, Krampus, Santa?
so I had two plugin that essentially overwrite each other depending on where they are in the list. so I had to edit what was overwriting one into the other and now they both work. I REALLY need to sit down and just learn JavaScript. I hate that I know just enough to know I don't know NEARLY enough lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xona